Bank of Scotland Visa / Uncoperative

1 Scotland, Lothian, United Kingdom Review updated:

I have been banking with the bank of Scotland for more than 30 years and they are telling me gobelty gook, What is a joint severed account? I have just found out that the visa side of HBOS has rejected the money I have paid them towards my visa account. When I phoned to ask why the security questions they said where wrong, My DOB MY address and MY visa Number. So now they will not talk to me. I think one of us is off their rocker. PS I am sain. and I am leaving the HBOS as soon as possible. What would happen if we all left?

Ia

Comments

• St
      8th of Mar, 2009

I had the same problem with Barclaycard - I phoned to report fraudulent transactions on my card and they would not speak to me because my mobile phone number did not match "the one they had on record". I had just given my full name, adddress, date of birth etc and yet they refused to speak to me because I "failed" their security tests by giving my new mobile number instead of my old one! Madness!

• Ha
      13th of Sep, 2009

I am currently looking into several issues with my mums mortgage. I sent HBOS a 27 page complaint regagrding about 10 different things and have as yet not even received acknowledgement! Of the issues there is the fact that my mums account has been in arrears for the last twenty years. Although she has never been contacted or chased up for these alleged arrears. She has always paid what HBOS request, in fact more so there should be no question of any arrears. There is also the issue of her mortgage being £7000 thousand pounds in advance as well as being £500 in arrears at the same time. HBOS allege that my mum made arrangements on the account for five years when it was they themselves who advised her what to pay. She was in receipt of benefits for 18 years so how her account is in advance of £7000 I don't know. They have charged her home insurance at triple what they charge their other customers even though they would not pay any claims! They have added her home insurance to the mortgage balance and spread it over the term of the mortgage and charged capital and interest on it, but have not disclosed any of these transactions in her annual mortgage statement! Anybody got any advice or the contact details of a good solicitor!