Bank Of America / scam and abuse!

2-5 1207 market street, Wheeling, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3042332440

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Comments

29th of Apr, 2010
    Bank Of America - The mortgage department is staffed by morons
    bankofamerica.com

The mortgage department is staffed by ###s. Extreme delays in processing and redundant requests for information they already had causing me to loose my bid on a home and quit my job.

• Cy
      3rd of May, 2010
    Bank Of America - If I can't come to a bank for service where do the community go from here
    bankofamerica.com

Thrusday, 11/19/2009 at11:44am I made a withdrawal from my checking account from your branch at 4103 Western Ave. Los Angeles Ca. Requested eight hundred dollars, six hundred dollars in one hundred dollar bills, two hundred in fifties. It's hard to believe, you being a full service bank, ran out fifty dollars bills per teller, Tran 00027. If I can't come to a bank for service where do the community go from here?

• Me
      6th of May, 2010
    Bank Of America - my bank account overdrawn
    bank of america
    Centerville
    Georgia
    Phone: 478 320 6083

i did not authorize this to be taken out of my checking accout ive cancelled the membership with the customer service and the told me to file for my refund on this site and it would e credited back to my account asap. The amount was $35.00

• Mi
      17th of May, 2010
    Bank Of America - The customer service is almost non exsistent
    bankofamerica.com

I have an HSA with BOA. The customer service is almost non exsistent. I have been trying for 2 days to speak to someone as it appears I am locked out of my account. I want to deposit money in and can not get in to do so. There is no e-mail contact and I have been on hold for at least an hour at a time trying to get through before I don't have the time anymore.

• Ed
      25th of May, 2010

This is just classic big bank behavior of the 21st century. After depositing money at 10:18 PM (time will be a theme here) into a Bank of America ATM I subsequently logged into my account via my iPhone app to schedule a transfer to my savings account. I proceed through the prompts and reach the final screen before the transfer is completed. At the bottom it reads "Make sure there are sufficient funds in the From account. Otherwise, overdraft, returned item, or other fees may apply. See your Account Agreement and Fee Schedule for details." I glance up at my available balance to find that it is sufficiently greater than the amount I intend to transfer and thus click "Make Transfer". With my money properly allocated, I proceed to walk home.

In the morning I check the balances on my various accounts, as I've gotten in the habit of doing, and discover that I have overdraft fees. During a rather rude and patronizing conversation with a customer service rep I'm informed that all ATM deposits made after 8:00 PM do not officially post until the next day. I'm told this is so because, and I'm paraphrasing, that the accountants can't work 24 hours per day. A fair point, but why then was my balance transfer processed ahead of my cash deposit? It seems to me that these transactions should be processed sequentially. Well, as it turns out balance transfers will post up to 10:45 PM on the same day. I argue with the customer service representative that that's unrealistic for customers to expect that different transactions have different posting times. He argues that the iPhone app clearly says that all balance transfers made after 10:45 PM will post the next day and that since I made the transfer at 10:18 I should have known that the transfer would be processed immediately. Another fair point, but only superficially so because the app only informs you of the time table for processing transactions AFTER YOU'VE MADE THE TRANSFER. What's more the available balance listed included my ATM deposit. So how can the money I deposited be included in my available balance and simultaneously NOT be available? A good question for Bank of America, one that I'm hoping they'll be able to answer soon.

• Wo
      25th of May, 2010

I am a BofA customer/The ATM machine will immeadiately POST--up to 100-dollars..for immeadiate use..should you be depositing a check..I have done that transaction at least 5-times..Plus..I don't monkey around with my Balances..if I wanted to make a Transfer of Funds--and I was at the ATM machine--I would make the transfer--not play with my cell phone--I most times will return home to make transfers useing my Home Office Computer..I find your complaint---twisted towards the childish endeavor.

• Fr
      17th of Jun, 2010
    Bank Of America - They cause so much damage to the economy by taking customers' precious times and nerves
    bankofamerica.com

This bank must be shut down! They do not care about he customer and they cause so much damage to the economy by taking customers' precious times and nerves.

• Gr
      19th of Jun, 2010

We are trying to stop foreclosures in America meet us at piggybankblog.com and voice your concerns and opinions.

• Pa
      24th of Jun, 2010
    Bank Of America - B of A has been negligent to their customers
    bankofamerica.com

B of A has been negligent to their customers. I have waited since May 7 to have repairs done on my home which occurred on March 21 and here it is June 9. Each time I contact B/A's associates I given different stories. It is a learned environment for lying. I have contact BBB, FTC and my congresswoman.

• Ga
      14th of Jul, 2010
    Bank Of America - abused from modification program
    gabriela villarreal
    Texas

bank of america did not send a extention on my forclosure day even that I was on the process of modification program, they gave wrong info and now the sold me house

• Ir
      13th of Aug, 2010

When you went to the bank, the manager should have reversed the fee and put it back into your account, right then and there, not lodged an online complaint, go back and demand someone do it right away.

• On
      14th of Sep, 2010
    Bank Of America - Personnel complaint
    Alpharetta
    Georgia

The Assistant Manager, Kimberly Matos, is a racist liar. Beware of this girl. She needs to be fired!!! She will say anything to cover her own behind, no matter the consequences. Do not trust her or her word!!!

• Ai
      4th of Oct, 2010
    Bank Of America - attempting to take money from checking account
    Baltimore
    Maryland

Bank of America attempted twice to take $9, 680 out of my checking account (I am not with this bank and haven't been since 1998 or 1999) I've called several times to the bank to try to resolve this matter with no resolution . I want to know first of all why was this bank trying to take thousands of dollars from my account . I need some answers, because I don't want this to ever happen again, either to me or anyone else .

• Jw
    Bank Of America - loan mod- hamp
    bofa
    Florida

nothing butthe run around and lies from bank of america this company should not be allowed to do business in the United States. lost paper work, mixed in with another loan, lies, lies, lies, stall tactics and then denied. Bank of America should change name to Bank of the Scam and Stall. Jim White 561-856-2888

17th of Oct, 2010

We need to align ourselves against these ILLEGAL PRACTICES.

You need to contact the CONTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY ADMINISTRATOR OF NATIONAL BANKS, US Department of Treasury
    Email helpwithmybank.gov

• Wr
      17th of Oct, 2010

there is more than you know going on with these banks and mortgage servicers for some great legal help go to challengingForclosure.com this guy knows so much and you cant beat it if you need help

• Jm
      29th of Oct, 2010

BOA is a bad place to bank and God forbid if you get a credit card from them. My mom got herself a BOA Visa Credit Card with Bank of America so she can get a heating system for her home. And she was laid off work and needed to pay her bills so she used her BOA card to take care of that. Mom never missed a payment to them so as a reward. And she was a wife of a veteran...She got a Military BOA card with lower finance charges...It was like 10 percent...why her regular Visa was 21 percent.
    She wanted to pay off her regular Visa with her Military Visa so she can take advantage of the lower interest rate. They would not let her do this because, her debt was to low...whatever??
    My advice pay it off and toss the card in the trash!!
    I did warn her about what a crappy bank BOA was because, I had a negative experience with them when THEY lost my 50 dollar deposit they lost in 1995.

They are just horrible all around.

• Sh
      3rd of Nov, 2010
    Bank Of America - Clean Bill on Fund Certificate / PCC code
    shaad exports
    India

Would like to verify regarding meaning of Clean Bill on Fund Certificate / PCC Code and the issuing authority in the United States

• Cy
    Palmetto
    Florida
    Phone: 8882874637
    BANKOFAMERICA.COM

BANK OF AMERICA DUPLICATED PAPER CHECK TWICE, REFUSED TO GIVE CREDIT BACK FOR 5 DAYS AND
    WILL NOT REFUND NSF FEES, DUE TO THERE ERROR.

• Al
      16th of Nov, 2010

I am looking for Bank Of America customers who have had fraud committed on their accounts ie unauthorrized charges or transactions and who weren't reimbursed by Bank of America . I have several clients that have reported similar problems and I am looking to file a class action suit against them as this practice is illegal and must be stopped. Contact me Allen Joseph via email at [protected]@yahoo.com