Bank Of America / scam and abuse!

2-5 1207 market streetWheeling, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3042332440

I am a business owner... I applied for a business bank of america visa card... For money in money out use for customers paying by cash and repaying there purchase with a credit card... Never was late with payments paid the balance... But but... Bank of america visa never told me that they charge a daily interest rate and inhinded charges on top of there monthly interest rate... Which we were unaware of... After three years... $15, 000.00 dollars of interest was added on to the visa card... Can this be real... How can they get away with this robbery... We finally got a loan and closed the acct. And please be aware of this horrible company... I hope this helps people out there thinking about a credit card for there business...

Comments

• Sq
      21st of Sep, 2009
    Bank Of America - Ripoff fees
    Bank Of America
    Ocala
    Florida

Bank of America is charging to cash their own checks if you don't have an account with them 6 bucks what a rip off, then the teller ask would you like to open an account, they will never get my business. Folks please bank at your local credit unions don't full people like these pockets with your hard earn dollars.

• Ji
      25th of Sep, 2009

B of A: I have send below a copy of the form that I was sent by a CEO Kenneth . Lewis He have the FAX number of 1-206-337-1417. He has placed this number on his letter head when writing to me. Hie email address is :
    "kernneth D. Lewis (CEO & President, Bank of America)" . I would like to see that this person is arrested as this was going to be another scam done on me. I do thank you for your time and all the efforts you do provide me. Do have a nice day and thank you.

Respectfully,
    James Moergan
    [email protected]

• Kc
      9th of Oct, 2009
    Bank Of America - Excessive Use?
    Bank Of AMerica

What the hell? i get charged a dollar for using my account too much? what the ### bank of america. ### you. no wonder we're in a recession

14th of Oct, 2009

On July 26, 2008 My husband sent a wire transfer in the amount of 3, 300 to account holder at Bank Of America. The wire transfer was for a 97 mazda RX7 that he never recieved. After that wire transfer they said that we would have to do another wire transfer cause this one expired. I told my husband that he is not going to do that and he agreed he then contacted ebay and they told him that It was a fraudelent act and he should go to his local police department... So we did that I contacted the bank numerous times and they do not want to help We live in New York and this occured in Las vegas, Nevada... We need help and no one wants to help us..

15th of Oct, 2009

MY NAME IS ANDREA L. JOHNSON TRYING TO FIND OUT DID YAU ALL RECEIVE
    MY E-MAIL ON 10/15/ 2009 ABOUT A COMPANY SENDING INFORTION TO ME THUOGH A BANK OF AMERICA INTERNATIOAL SEVICES
    PLEASE SEND OR MAKE ALL CORRONDANCE TO:
    ANDREA L JOHNSON
    1453 N JIM MILLER RD
    DALLAS, TX.75217
    E-MAIL- [email protected]
    phone (469)248-3355 home no. call at any time.

thanks you,

16th of Oct, 2009

All I can say is that I am ANGRY... very ANGRY at Bank of America for ruining my - up until now - perfect credit history!

I had to leave in June for business overseas for 3 months. Prior to leaving, I had so much to do to arrange travel and arrangements that I was late on ONE payment to Bank of America. I had never been late or delinquent in my 3 years.

Due to the expenses of moving, I could only make a partial payment on my card. Once I settled overseas, I made more than the minimum payment to make up for being late and making a partial payment.

I called Bank of America today and discovered they had CLOSED my account! I was outraged and spoke to several representatives from the credit and risk departments. They bounced me everywhere. Finally, Sharon Forest tells me that they closed my account for being 60 days late (ie, missing one payment and paying partial, which was counted as the next month) and for other UNNAMED delinquencies on my credit report. When I probed further, they wouldn't give me any information.

I told her this was outrageous that they would close an account that had never been late before and was only 60 days late (really only 1 month late, but they counted a partial payment as an additional month). I told them I would never have anything to do with them again, to which she hung up on me.

They are complete theifs! Looking at my credit report, there was only 1 delinquency on an $11 medical bill I didn't pay while overseas. What kind of crock is that? They essentially ruined my history over 1 $11 medical bill and being 1 month late. I later learned they massively closed accounts in June - anything that looked at all risky to them. So, I was a victim of their own business practices! THANKS A LOT B of A! I hope you get what's coming to you!

• Ba
      18th of Oct, 2009

I hope bank of America goes out of business, they literally drove me into bankruptcy charging me 29.99% interest. They raised my rates for no reason at all. Everyone on the planet just withdraw your money from Bank of America, and lets shut this ripoff theiving bank down.

• Bo
      24th of Oct, 2009

Bank of America applied all my withdrawals first, and then applied the transfers from my other BofA account - this has happened to me multiple times resulting in hundreds in overdraft fees*****Someone must stop them but HOW!!

• Bo
      24th of Oct, 2009

Bank of America applied all my withdrawals first, and then applied the transfer from my other BofA account done a half a day before., what is concidered the previous business day in their terms. This has resulted in hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees******tell me how we fight back please!

• La
      26th of Oct, 2009

I agree completely with all of these complaints!!!

• Ro
      31st of Oct, 2009

Every time I spend a large sum of money on something (a hundred dollars or more) bank of america charges me TWICE for it. So the first payment goes through to the seller of the items that I purchased, and bank of america gets the same amount for them selves. I know this is happening becasue I have been keeping a very close watch on my account activity. And every time it shows up as only one payment being made by DOUBLE the money is missing from my account.

I HATE this bank, they are thieves and crooks.

• 0 Votes

ive heard Closson vs Bank of America is doing a great job. Read all about it!!
    He fought and won. There are lots of people getting theri money back in California. call the administrator at 1-277-625-9405 . I had 9 transactions pending. My direct deposit came through and Bank of america fee'd me for every small transctions and all being well under 12.00. Next thing i see they are charging me 10 x 35.00 plus I kid you not . ATT uverse bill and my ATT phone bill was run a total of 8 times which incurred another 280.00. ATT told me they would run my card ONE time only and thats it. B of A is trying to tell me that ATT ran the transactions over and over which I know is a dam lie. I'll be getting snapshots together seeking the Bank of America Settlement Administrator. They will be able to guide you on what to do next since the illiterate employees cannot assist in anyway but answer the dam phone!

• Sh
      17th of Nov, 2009

that gold option line of credit has screwed me in countless ways. first lets start with the fact that my interest rte was 22% despite having a 740 credit score and low interest on my cards that i was transferring over. then i was told that after a year of being a good consumer, i.e paying my bill on time, that they would lower my interest rate after 12 months. 12 moths later i call, after following the terms that were laid out for me, and they tell me that there is nothing they can do for my interest rate (keep in mind that my payment is $300, but i am being charged around $225 every month in interest, so i'm really not paying that much down, but still paying exorbitant interest amounts because my balance is still high because i cant pay it down more because my interest is too high), and they don't even know why i was told that in the first place. great, so the first guy was either incompetent or a liar. that seems to be BofA's MO. fast forward four months later, and i pay off my entire balance with the loan. rather, i transferred the balance over to two new credit cards that had a 0% balance transfer APR for the first year, and only 10% after that, which is a lot more helpful in paying down my debt. a month after i pay it off, my sister needs to borrow some money. i call BofA (who also told me when i first got the loan, that i could pull money off of it whenever i wanted for whatever the reason, thats the point of a line of credit. its like a credit card, but with cash availability for the entirety of the loan) and ask to pull off $1, 000 of the line (keep in mind that i literally had just paid them $10, 000 the month before, and we won't even go into how they screwed me over with that $10, 000 deposit into my checking account and then didnt want to fix it. to this day, i cannot stand the name lucy because thats the ### i talked to when trying to resolve that problem. she was, by far, the WORST of the worst of their csr's). they said they couldnt give me the money because my debt extended to other creditors was too high.
    1. my debt extended to other creditors is the EXACT SAME AMOUNT that i had extended out with BofA, its just been transferred over because im not paying 22% interest anymore, since you told me it would be lowered and you didnt lower it
    2. i JUST PAID YOU $10, 000 and gave myself a zero balance, and now you can't give me $1, 000? If I hadn't paid you off, I'd still owe you ten times that!
    3. i'm not asking for additional credit. obviously those credit card companies felt comfortable issuing me their cards, even WITH the debt that i still had extended with you, so I'm not stretching myself too thin. i have more than enough means to cover more than my minimum amounts, and I ALREADY HAVE THIS $12, 000 LINE OF CREDIT ESTABLISHED WITH YOU. If it had been a $12, 000 credit card, I could have used it whenever I damn well pleased, but you wont give me cash off of a line of credit that I ALREADY HAVE?

those three reasons alone should have been reason to give me the money. but no. so i dont use the account, because they wont let me. not because i didnt want to. but because they wont let me. i keep it open though, because its $12, 000 of free available credit, which means even if my other cards are maxed out, my total debt-to-limit ratio can only be 40%. fast forward another eight months or so, and i get laid off. i want to pull money off the account again to cover one months bills. thats it, just one month. im preparing myself for them to tell me they cant do it, like they did last time, and i would have just said "oh well, worth a try, thanks anyway" but i find out that they CLOSED my account! WHY do you ask? BECAUSE OF INACTIVITY. Let me get this right, you closed my account because I didnt use it, but I didnt use it because YOU DIDNT LET ME. not to mention, now I'm missing a $12, 000 line of credit, so my CC balance, which is at around $7, 000 is now out of a total $9, 000 available credit, instead of a total $21, 000 available credit. that sticks me at about 77% instead of 33%. gee, thanks BofA. I told them they needed to reopen the account, since I had no knowledge and given no permission to close the account, and they told me that they dont even offer the loan anymore. which totally doesnt explain why 45 days before i called them, i received a letter explaining that they were renegotiating the repayment terms of the loan from 72 months to 60 months, and it was taking effect the next billing cycle. thats right, that means if i still had a balance with them, my minimum would have shot up $125 a month, and i was given no time to figure out how to add an additional $125 into my monthly budget. nice.

i HATE this bank. its like they pride themselves on screwing their loyal customers, instead of making sure that they do everything they can to hold on to them.

• 0 Votes
    Bank Of America - BofA closes man with disability Account
    Sacramento
    California

I am a caregiver.My client who is blind and disabled had his account closed by B of A because he wrote a check to himself.He had money in the account and yet they closed it.Also it has been over a month now and B of A refuses to give him his money.My client is on a fixed income and still nothing from B of A. People BEWARE, B of A is a joke and an awful bank.Avoid them at all cost, especially if you are disabled

• Do
      9th of Jan, 2010
    Bank Of America - Late Charges
    California
    bankofamerica.com

I was 5 days late on making a payment on a $27.95 open balance. Bank of America charged me $1.50 finance charge AND a $29.00 late fee. I called about having the late fee waived or reduced and was told that was impossible. I immediately cancelled my account with Bank of America

11th of Jan, 2010

I have a Complaint Mr. Willie Tucker, 762 Eastern Parkway, Newark, NJ (716)240-6601. He said I would win $1million dollars. But first send him $800.00 first. Leviticus Luckey, Texarkana, Tx. Please help Thank You

11th of Jan, 2010

The check will be send to Bank of America for Leviticus Luckey for 1Million dollar

16th of Jan, 2010
    Bank Of America - Fraud/Identity Theft
    Wisconsin

Bank of America allowed a total stranger from a different state total access to my bank account and my ATM card number I had with them. They allowed a large amount of money to be transferred out of my account and informed me 2 days later because the then felt it was suspicous because I had NEVER done this before. It has been a year and I am still suffering from this. They are a bunch of snotty, sarcastic idiots!! Yes, my accounts are now closed.

• Us
      16th of Jan, 2010

I hope you filed complaints with the FBI and the Federal Trade Commission. This is the only way to build cases against such theft and fraud. If you didn't do it now! Just go to their websites to file the complaints.

20th of Jan, 2010
    Bank Of America - Lousy service
    Lindale
    Texas

After a couple of issues with BOA, we moved our money to a local based Bank. It has paid off, because in 3 months we have earned more interest than all year with BOA. But what really made me mad was BOA charged me $50 Processing fee to move my IRA to the other Bank. Ha !! so that was their last shot. I hope they fail.