Bank Of America / bank did not address fraud issues

10221 w 18th st, Little Rock, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 501 9607601

n 2008/2009, it was bought to my attention that numerous (13+) unknown internet companies were debiting my checking account (acct 8866). In 2008/2009 my it was bought to my attention that my bank account was being debited by unknown internet companies. I went into a local bank and called #800 to notify the bank of what was going on. The bank manager suggested that I open another account until things were corrected (FEB/MAR 2009). Bank of America did nothing to help me stop these constant debits from happening. They refused to close the account as requested. As a result my new account & savings account were attacked. Funds were taken out of the active accounts to take care of the negative balance in the account with the fraud activity. After, I stopped depositing my payroll deposits, the bank sent my accounts to collections. I was never compensated for the fraud on my account and was hit with outrages fees $1400.00. I paid what I felt was fair $100.00. The second checking account was paid off. My issues is with the outstanding $1300 (paid $100.00) I want this account issue corrected so that I can open another account. I went into a banking center and no one can give me any back history on this account. I had my account with BOA for 10 years. Sadly in my time of need the bank has dropped the ball and forcing me to carry the burden of not being able to open another account. This entire ordeal has been extreamly stressful and time consuming. Not to mention, it is very fustraighting to be told something totally different every time you speak with someone from BOA. I feel BOA dropped the ball with this one & now I am paying the ultimate price for their lack of customer service.

Comments

• Mi

i used them and have to but only keep like 20 or 50 dollars in my account
    i have had many issues all of which i feel are due to their bank rules nothing to do with me they would not deposit a check from the IRS i wanted to deposit to my account. the check was for 1800 i went to a bank down the street they not only took the check and deposited it to the account they asked me if there was anything else they could do to help me ( Centennial ) they were extremely helpful the manager did all i asked and more The manager of the Bank of America branch said she would got to jail for making this deposit what a bunch of CRAP a out and out lie. she Was a Jerk and being totally rude and non helpful I opened the account one day along time ago. I only reopened the account because this same lady told me that she would help me well that proved to be a pack of lies .!!! as usual BOA do not keep their word the people they hire are rude and the whole banking staff laughs as you leave when they tick off someone I've seen it happen many times the med center branch in little rock Arkansas is the worst bank i have ever had dealings with the bank not only lied to me but has refused to take my money on more then one occasion. i have on each occasion made the deposit to a different bank with out any of the excuses that BOA has made like we can't take that check with out you wife here i took the 70, 000 check and deposited it to The Bank of Little Rock that same day without any issues. NOW at the time i was refused i had been an account holder at BOA for like 10 years but they refused to take my check a check that i had received from a mortgage company with my name and my wires name on it . the Bank of Little Rock only ask to speak with my wife on the phone which i offered to BOA they wanted my sick wife to get out of bed sick and come sign the check in front of them before they would take it . I even said they could put a hold on it till she got better they said NO so i left went to Bank of Little Rock they called my wife and deposited the check . that day
    i had access to my money in 3 days i recently went to BOA and they would not again take the above check for 1800 it was from the IRS made out to a client of mine who lived out of the country BOA refused to take the check to make a deposit even thought i have a POA Power of Attorney for both the husband and wife. the bank said they could not take the check this guy had an account with BOA with me as the POA on the account . he has had it for years they now treat folks like jerks i have over 10 mil in over banks but they will never see a dime more then i have to put in there bank ever!! if i were to tell any one NOT TO use a bank it would be DO NOT USE Bank of America. period they are rude and will treat you like a jerk .ONLY if you put you 10 mil in their bank do they treat you with even half an ounce of respect the they are so too faced it makes me sick

• Mi

Stay away from Bank of America
    save yourself the head ache. BTW i have very little real money maybe they are mad because they realize that its my clients money they are losing because i manage a lot of others money . And i never recommend that they use BOA. would you if they treated you like this . Its outrageous i do not know how in the world they have stayed in business. but it will change i can assure you they have lost all my business and as many of my clients accounts as i can convince to move that may only be a few thousand but then what is a few thousand small real folks that work for their money and a few others that don't but that should not matter the amount my clients have should be of no issue but you can be assure it is well i hope so because over the next few months i will begin closing as many as i can move out my clients funds that are willing.

• El
      Nov 16, 2011

Mike: So, if you found out BOA was following proper banking guidelines and then you found out the other banks, as accommodating as they were, happen to be violating banking rules, would you still feel the same way?