Bank Of America / add it up program

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

B of A has Add It Up program that says it will pay cash back if you use their card to buy from certain websites. I bought washer/dryer from Home Depot's website, which was advertised on BofA for 6% cash back bonus. I could have used another rewards card but went with BofA. Big mistake. They won't pay the cash back bonus promised. Won't respond to emails, phone calls lead to empty promises.

Xc

Comments

• Le
      6th of Aug, 2009

100% true and with you, I have been calling every 15 days like they tell you too so they can give you an update about what happened to your money, and they keep telling you its still on "investigation". FOR 3 MONTHS!!!

• Ra
      25th of Oct, 2009

I have been going through the same type of trouble with a purchase through Dell. My decission to buy a flat panel T.V., Blu-Ray player, and a 24" monitor all at the same time was based on the $120 reward I would receive. This is what made this a better deal than elsewhere. I have been calling for several months trying to find out why I have not been paid. Last answer I was given was the offer I took advantage of was through a third party. I have no idea how this is possible since everything was done through the link from B of A.
    I followed all the steps layed out to the letter and have received nothing but a headache from this progam.
    Be surprised if you actually receive any money.

'

• Bk
      1st of Dec, 2009

DONT USE THE ADD IT UP PROGRAM!!! I to thought I was getting a good deal by signing up with Direct Tv. I had not recieved payment or the purchase pending in my add it up account. I've called three times a week for the past two months. Finally, I got an answer which they told me it was through a third party. I clicked the link directly from the Add It Up website. I thinking they are pocketing the money. Direct Tv told me Bank Of America got their 100 dollars for referring me. Can I report this to anyone? I think if this happens often a lawsuit should be filed. Please contact me to let me know if I can do anything. Bkarma4ever@yahoo.com

• Ra
      19th of Jan, 2010

I also faced same problem. They were offering 4% cashback for purchase from newegg.com; but after 1 month they said, relailer deniyed to give cashback.

• Bo
      6th of Feb, 2010

I agree that Add-it-Up is a scam. I made a purchase at Apple.com November 2009 and after repeated calls and being told to just wait for it to appear, they now claim that Apple says some other affiliate was credited with the purchase and they are refusing to pay what they said they would. As far as I'm concerned I did everything they asked and was very careful to make the purchase per their instructions. It now seems there is no recourse and I'm now out the $50 I expected.

I would encourage others with similar experiences to file a complaint with their Attorney General and post here so everyone can see that these are more than isolated incidents. This smells like an outright fraud. Perhaps they would investigate if enough complaints come in.

• Bw
      9th of Feb, 2010

Same exact thing happened to me! I also purchased a washer/dryer from Sears.com through the AddItUp program. My purchase was in October 2009 and I have been calling every 3 weeks while they "investigate". I'm now out $70. They offer no resolution and are extremely evasive and difficult to work with. This is a terrible program. BEWARE!!!

BING.com offers a similar progarm that is much better, faster and has excellent customer service. Stay away from BOAs program.

• Ba
      10th of Feb, 2010

The Add It Up program is a scam. They refuse to give you the cash back when you don't "click" or "redirect" through their website. The reason why I didn't purchase my airline tickets through redirecting was because they INFLATE the price when you do. You're either paying a higher price to get your "cash back, " or not getting a refund at all.

I recommend you take your business elsewhere. What they are doing is unethical and FRAUDULENT!

• Sh
      29th of Mar, 2010

the add it up program has worked well for me im shocked with all of these alligations being made towards this program there customer service was excellent and i have received 151.23 from this program. ofcourse you would need to redirect through there program its all under the terms and conditions and they dont inflate the price, come on people have more sense! i love this program. the main problem i think most people are having can be clearly answered in the programs terms of use.

• La
      19th of Apr, 2010

I strongly agree. Bank of America then gave me credit to make up for all the trouble and two months later charged back the credit. When I called, they would put me on hold for extreme amounts of time or just hang up on me. After that, they kept telling me that I would need to call another number. They even had the audicity to tell me I needed to go through a credit review to try to get the charge taken off my statement. They are the worst kind of credit card vendors I have ever dealt with and I thank God that I have paid them off each month and I can cancel that card. No wonder BOA went BROKE !!!

• Af
      28th of Sep, 2010

I haven't used this program yet but am having my rewards program replaced with the Add It Up Program by Bank of America. The website clearly states that a credit will be made to a credit or debit card, not that anyone will actually get "cash". Are people saying they are not receiving the credit or the "cash"? Big difference between the two and I'm curious what people are actually experiencing with this program. Do clarify please.