Bank Of America Corporation

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 by

non service and other issues

Dunellen, New Jersey
Hi, I started my account with the Maplewood Bank, in 1975. As the banks merged, I stayed as a customer. This year, has been so horrible dealing with Bank of America. I have several complaints. I will work my way backwards. The dates are estimated, because I did not write things down, thinking they would be addressed quickly. This week on Monday I checked my account and money was missing. Reason being. I had gone to the Dunellen branch in February. for several reasons. 1. I received an email from someone saying they were from Bank of America and needed my personnel information. 2. I also received a letter in the mail, asking for confirmation, that I was ordering checks to be delivered to my AL address, again looking for personnel information. I live in NJ. I took time to make copies and go to the bank, so you would be aware of these 2 issues. The lady who waited on me, said that they knew about the fellow who was sending the email. And I should go home and find the email and send it to your fraud department. I had the copies right there. The letter, I could make a complaint with the police if I wanted to. And after that I should shred them. 3. Also, I had 1 account that was over drawn, by 16.00 and such, due to fees. Reason being, it was a join account, with my brother, who I no longer talk to. That is also Bank of America's fault. No matter if I ask or my brother asked. The account never got closed. Until that day. 4. Also attached to the statement was my brother's accounts. I had moved, he had not. Someone went in and changed his stuff to come to my house. Reason, I know he didn't do it. He does not know where I moved to. 5. Then to make the day more wonderful. I went out and used you inside ATM machine. The machine ate my 2 checks. I was not aware that some ATMs only take single checks. 6. So then I went back into the branch. The same lady, gave me a ATM machine #. And dialed the phone and handed to me so I could sit on the phone for at least 20 minutes. I talked to the lady on the phone for about another 15 minutes. So I walked into the branch with 4 issues. When I left I had 5 issues. Terrible customer service. Any way, then I was given a temporary deposit to my account for my 2 checks that the machine took. So after a while I received a letter in the mail. (Feb14). That my checks could not be found and you were taking my money back. I called and spoke to a fellow, I don't remember his name. We went back and forth on the phone. I wanted to know why the checks were not found. He told me I needed to go to where I received the checks from and have them issue new checks. Unacceptable. So I wanted to talk to a manager. I was put on hold for awhile. Then the fellow came back said they were all busy, but they said they would check on the issue. The information you had, was it was 1 check and they didn't even have my name right. It was 2 checks. So he tells me, he fixed the issues, and they would look it over again. When I called this past Monday. After I saw my money was missing. The lady who answered the phone, said there was no record of any of the information I provided on my first call. She fixed the information. I see the money is back in my account today. So you must have figured out where the checks went. It would have been really, really nice is somebody would have called me . Now back to me and my brother not speaking anymore. My brother and his wife went to the Maplewood main branch for a mortgage. And met with Mr Murphy. It took them over 9 months to get a mortgage, every time we thought it was done, Mr Murphy asked for something else. I went and bought another house, and when I would go to your bank, people would ask me why I didn't get my mortgage with you. Dealing with your people has turned into a nightmare. We did have a Bank of America mortgage previously and we had no problems. I am beyond disappointed in your non-service. I don't have a lot of money, but like I said, I have been a customer a very long time. I am not sure I will be continue with you or not. One suggestion, I do have is that since, people on the phone can not give us their name. Can you assign them an id #, so when we have issues, we can give you that information.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree