Bank Of America / excessive overdraft charges

My son has an account with Bank of America. He is new to the Banking business. He thought he had more in the bank than he did. He used his ATM card for a small purchase of $6.89. The following day a purchase of $ 7.66. Atm card no problems right? no he was charged 2 overdraft fees of $35.00 each. My complaint is when does the Bank stop allowing you to overdraw your account? Are they out to collect as many fees as they can? Would they allow you to come into the bank and withdraw money that wasn't there? At what point do they look out for you when you overlook something and put a stop before you incur numerous fees? I also have an account with BOA and have never activated or used ay of my ATM cards because of this reason.I just keep enough money in to keep it open so if I need to cash a check or anything I can But my banking loyalties belong to Wells Fargo even though I bank from afar due to there are no Wells Fargo Banks in they city I live in or close by for that matter. Think twice before trusting BOA as they apparently are looking out for the bottom line not you.

Comments

Gg
  24th of May, 2009

Very similar situation happened to me several times over the years with BOA!!!

I was going through chemo and didn't know my balance had dropped below by less than ONE DOLLAR and I accrued almost $300 in over-draft fees because they continued to pay bills going out.

It was awful and didn't help while fighting for my life!