Bank Of America / most unethical practices and rude customer service reps

I became a member of MBNA Credit Card products 14 years ago. I did not have any problems since MBNA became Bank of America (BofA). The BofA has the worst customer service. So called the account managers can bang the phone on you without thinking twice. I called to request the interest rate review/reduction which started at 10.9% and was increased to 22% without my consent. The account manager told me to consider the home equity loan and talk to their mortgage department to pay off my loan. I consider it not solving the problem and trying to to avoid the issue. After talking to three different department that last department told me that they do not do business in the state I live in. Very next day I called to check the balance on my account and found out that all of my accounts (I have three) were closed. One does not deserve this kinda service and response from a bank that you have been giving business to for fourteen years. My recommendation is to stay away from this bank. They are highly unethical and very rude when it comes to resolving issues.

Comments

Fr
  25th of Mar, 2009

I Had a credit Line of 8000, Intrest rate of 12% fixed after I was approved in Febuary 2009, I contacted the site stating i would like to do a balance tranfer, they told me no problem, I stated I would call back later, And I did this time I got another customer rep, who said that I had credit issues more then 6 years ago, I said yes, I improved my credit score, havent missed a payment, applied for the Bank of america card in 2007 was approved into rate and payed it off as planed then in 2009 got the 12% intrest rate. He then stated well I am not like the other people in my group I think diffrent then they do, LACK OF STANDARD, I dont think I can approve you for the balance transfer, in fact I am going to close your account. He said times are diffrent, I told him if they were so diffrent why did they give me the account and the intrest rate adjustment, he said that well I am different from them.