Bank Of America / bofa closed all of my accounts
Recently my wife called Bank of America to see if we could lower our interest rate on our account. She mentioned that she just went on disability and wanted to see if we could get our rate lowered since we have been a customer for 10 years with them.
Once she mentioned disability the rep forwarded her to risk management who immediately closed all our Bank of America accounts. Risk management said they routinely perform checks on all account holders and decided to close our accounts on the spot. The truth is they never checked our accounts until my wife called that day. They claimed they ran our credit to make that decision. Our credit scores are 700 plus and we have never missed a payment or been late.
After hearing that from my wife I called and spoke to a manager. The manager was extremely rude and didn't care to listen or explain why they closed our accounts. He said if I had a problem with the decision I should file a complaint and they stand by the decision that was made.
What happened to the days when you could walk into a bank and feel welcome. I will never again do any business with Bank of America and hope others never go through what we went through.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America Corporation - scam
- Bank Of America Corporation - lack of tellers 
- Bank Of America Corporation - bank account
- Bank Of America Corporation - deposit of check with 7 day hold
- Bank Of America Corporation - interest charges after paying the card off in full