Bank Of America / account closed and charged

Bronx, NY, United States

I opened an account at Bank of America 12/29/2008 hoping to transfer from Chase because I was looking to buy a home and decided I was going to use Bank of America. By 09/2009 I decided I was going to stick with Chase and went to close the Bank of America account on 9/21/2009. When I went to close it I was told that I owed $10.95 because I had already transferred the balance back to my Chase account. The $10.95 fee was for credit monitoring that I had on the account. I paid the fee so that the account was -0- and then told the teller I wanted the account closed. She went for another lady who proceeded to "close" the account, I should note that I've never closed a bank account before so when she told me that the account was closed and gave me my receipts for the payment I made I went on my merry way. On 03/02/2010 I received a letter from ERS solutions Inc. stating that I owed Bank of America $128.26, I called the bank to inquire what the charges were and was told that they were for credit monitoring. I informed them that the account had been closed since 09/21/2009 and asked how a closed account could be charged for credit monitoring. The representative told me that the account was not closed properly and that they were at fault and after giving all the details I was told that it would be taken cared of. I had not heard anything from Bank of America since after I closed the account to make me suspicious of the fact the account was still open. After speaking to the Representative in 03/2010 I had not heard or received anything further. Fast forward to 01/2011 I receive a letter from NCO Financial System about the same $128.26. I again explained the situation to the credit collector and contacted Bank of America only to get a run around, about how old the issue was and if I had resolved it sooner they would be able to give me a credit. They said they no longer have access to the information since it's with a collection agency. I first called customer service who gave me the number to recovery services who couldn't help and told me to call customer service, which connected me to customer solutions that sent me back to recovery. They told me that if I had closed the account I should have received a statement saying it was closed, which I never got and since I never closed an account and they never said that when I went to the Bank to close it, i guess I have no proof i actually closed it. Other than the fact that i am not dumb and I am cheap and hell and would never leave an account for charged to be billed for no reason. Clearly they are trying to make it seem as if I am at fault when I've spoken to reps who told me they were at fault and now they try to turn the table saying I should have known that I had to receive a statement saying the account was closed. I have $128.26 that is in collection and I refuse to pay it because I spend my time and money monitoring my accounts and money to ensure I am not being scammed by individuals and it's the institutions that you trust to be trustworthy end up cheating you. I don't pay lifelock and check my credit report trying to keep my name clear and myself debt free for Bank of America's billionaires to try to cheat me out of $128.26. They will get that money when I die. They can dig my body out of the ground and sell my body parts in order to get that money, but as long as I am alive they will not get that money. I've never owed a single person, or company for anything. I pay all my bills before they are due but I won't pay a bill I know I don't owe, I am not made of money Bank of America and if you heard otherwise then bully for you!