Bangalore Pollution Control / Pollution on road

1 India Review updated:

Emission of SMOKE from any vehicle is prohibited by Government Rules & Regulations. Every now & then, we find people on road-side being FINED by traffic police for their vehicles emitting smoke, that promotes Air Pollution. But somehow... NOBODY in traffic control or Pollution Control Board seem to look at Govt. Buses and In recent years, Bangalore traffic has gone from Worse to WORST EVER!!

On roads, anyone can see SMOKE all around and nobody seems to be bothered about it. Buses and SUVs, especially private Buses and newly launched VOLVO buses in Bangalore throw out smoke like CIGARS. Due to this increasing Pollution there are numerous diseases and infections happening, one of which is 'Acute Bronchitis', that I am already having and have spent 5 weeks under medication. BELIEVE ME!!... this disease is bad enough to CHOKE breathing and INFECT LUNGS like CANCER.

I've noticed and noted down few numbers which were 'Happily' emitting smoke, with no one to look at from the Govt. Pollution Control Board:
KA 01 AB 7676 - VOLVO Bus
KA 05 AA 7433 - Private Bus

I will keep posting new numbers here, provided there is some action taken on Pollution in Bangalore.

Sincerely, a truly Indian
Jai Hind!!

Th

Comments

• Su
      11th of Nov, 2008

While I fully agree that there are several vehicles (especially 3 wheelers and lorries) roaming about the streets of Bangalore, with absolutely no concern about the venom that they are emitting into the air, I would request through this forum to let me know the telephone number of the authority concerned about 'really curbing' vehicular pollution in Bangalore. Can anybody help me with this tel number.

It is really high time that we the citizens of Bangalore behave responsibly towards air and water pollution in Bangalore.
    Can anybody please help me??

Thank you.

• Wa
      9th of Jul, 2009

Where are the phone numbers of people we can complain to? Is anybody listening? Not only do vehicles continue to spew venomous fumes, they also use honking instead of slowing down. Garbage burning and leaves burning is rampant..help...!!! Who can we report this to?

• Ra
      22nd of Apr, 2010

there is a "KARNATAKA STATE POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD" which does nothing!!!

kspcb@kar.nic.in I have been sending mails to this ID... hoping to see some reaction from them

29th of Sep, 2010

Contact details for KSPCB (KARNATAKA STATE POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD)

Ph:080-25581383, 25589112, 25586520
    Emails: ho@kspcb.gov.in, kspcb@kar.nic.in

• Am
      22nd of Oct, 2018

@andy_blr Govt claims that a very significant improvement has been made in providing cooking gas cylinders. But we are seeing everyday people are burning wood etc. for cooking purpose and causing huge air pollution every day in Murugeshpalaya, 3/4 th cross Wind Tunnel Road. It is a big nuisance in the area and health hazard. This needs to be checked.

29th of Sep, 2010

Online grievance registration for KSPCB (KARNATAKA STATE POLLUTION CONTROL BOARD):

• Ar
      28th of Oct, 2011

It is only here in India that pollution is not dealt with seriously. Anywhere in US or Europe pollution free air is a basic human right. Why as citizens of India we cannot assert this right of ours. The politicians should be taken to task for this.

Apart from vehicular pollution, dust is another major contributor. An NGO could potentially help in vacuuming up the street side dust which is done in many developed countries. The NGO could also help pave the footpaths properly which greatly reduces the dust that is kicked up.

No matter how much people in Bangalore earn or how developed we say Bangalore has become the ground truth remains that citizens of Bangalore will soon start dying like flies due to air-borne infectious disease if this is not checked.

As true citizens we should launch a "Civil Disobedience Movement" like Gandhiji where we refuse to pay taxes until we are provided these basic necessities. The taxes that we pay are for the development of the city/nation and improving facilities, not for making our politicians rich.

• Pp
      27th of Feb, 2013

Hi
    I live right next to a mosque . And they spray a synthetic, very strong perfume throughout the day till 9 pm in the night . This smell gets into my house as I have a very old house and inside every room. it is so strong that it makes me nauseous and gives me headaches. Does this count as pollution? Or do we have to be scared because this is a religious matter?

• In
      6th of Mar, 2013

hello

I am from doddaballapur. We have constant problems with chemical companies here, they let out all the chemical fumes to the atmosphere, which is creating lot of health related problems, we have complained several times with the chemical companies, they are least responsive, what can we do... please help...

• Pr
      17th of Oct, 2014

Hi
    I live near central jail hosur road. There a silk twisting factory next to my house and the factory is situated in a residential area. It emits too much of noise during day and night due to the machinery. As we spoke to the owners of the factory they seems they are deaf. Can I complain to the pollution control board regarding the problem i am facing. It's not just my family but the a couple of houses more. Please provide me a solution and help me to situate the right door to knock for relief.

• Di
      4th of Nov, 2014

Hi,
    This is the complaint regarding the factory named "Digi Tech Tooling"that has come up in our residential area which works 24/7 not sparing Sundays also. People here are spending sleepless nights as the sound is really very high, especially at nights. We stay in peenya 1st stage and it's not an industrial area. A family has leant their own residential building for the rent to this factory in their ground floor which is really disturbing everyone in the area. We have tried requesting the factory people and the building owner to atleast stop working after 10pm, but they are so rude and inreturn they have asked to give a complain but will not stop the work. This is happening from more than 4-5 months. I request you to please take immediate action on them as it is not my first complaint on this. Bellow is the address of the factory.
    Digi Tech Tooling fabrication, Appanna layout, 3rd cross, 2nd block, 4th main, peenya 1st stage, Bangalore 58

• Yo
      30th of Jan, 2015

After moving to Bangalore a few months back, I am surprised to see that none of the vehicle owners in this city is concerned about getting their vehicles pollution checked. In Delhi, its mandatory otherwise you cannot drive on the road. I am very disappointed to see the condition on roads. Why can't Bangalore govt. make it mandatory to get our vehicles pollution checked. We are moving towards hell and actually killing our own children by making them breathe this unhealthy polluted air. I have no specfics but I am sure whatever I am saying here makes sense to all. Are Bangalore authorities ready to listen?

• Pr
      27th of Feb, 2015

I am Prakasha S V from T.Dasarahalli. There is one Vivek textile beside St. Mary's school.From there lot bad smell coming out due to chemical using for cloth dying. It is difficult to stay in surrounding area. please help us.

3rd of May, 2015

I AM CHANDRAKANT SP FROM SIRSI DIST KARWAR, WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO YOUR NOTICE, THE UNDERGROUND WATER POLLUTION MADE BY SIRSI SCAN CENTRE, COURT ROAD SIRSI, KARWAR DIST. THE HOSPITAL WHICH WAS CONSTRUCTED EXACTLY BEHIND OUR RESIDENTIAL BUILDING AND THE HOSPITAL AUTHORITY DID NOT MAKE ANY ARRANGEMENT OR PROVISION FOR DISPOSAL OF HOSPITAL WASTE WATER, THEIR LIQUID WASTE GENERATED FROM WASHING, CLEANING, HOUSEKEEPING DISINFECTING ACTIVITIES WERE DUMPED IN THE BACKSIDE LOW LEVEL AREA OF THE HOSPITAL. THIS RESULTED IN TO SPOILAGE OF OUR DRINKING WATER WELL.
    THE SEPTIC TANK OF THE HOSPITAL CONSTRUCTED IN THE BACKSIDE LOW LEVEL AREA OF THE HOSPITAL, COMPLETELY SUBMERGED IN THE WATER, RESULTED INTO POLLUTION OF LOWER LEVEL UNDERGROUND WATER. BEING THE ONLY SOURCE OF DRINKING WATER WELL AND FOR OTHER DOMESTIC USAGE FOR 4 TO 5 FAMILIES RESIDING THERE, MAKES VERY CRITICAL SITUATION AND COMPLETE STOPPAGE OF BASIC WATER SUPPLY. WE APPROACHED THE HOSPITAL AUTHORITY MANY TIMES. BUT THEY ARE RELUCTANT TO SOLVE PROBLEM AND DENYING THE CAUSE. BECAUSE OF THE NEGLIGENCY ON THE PART OF HOSPITAL IN DISPOSING WASTE WATER MANAGEMENT, UNNECESSARILY WE ARE PENALISED. THE WATER WELL CONSTRUCTED AT A COST OF TWO LAKH BECOME UNUSABLE WITHOUT OUR MISTAKE.
    HENCE I EXPECT YOU TO INTERVENE AND DO THE NEEDFUL TO SOLVE OUR WATER CRISIS AND OBLIGE.

• Gu
      15th of May, 2015

HI ., i am writing about sarakki, jp nagara ( panduranga temple area ),
    1. There are 3 garbage dumps which get cleared once a day during morning.The autos which take this to a loading place near a park spill them all over the road due to overloading !! net effect - stinking garbage
    2. Houses which use firewood/waste plastic as fuel emit smoke which create much problem in breathing. the abandoned industrial units are used as shelters for labours who have compromisd the sanitation, Smoke due to open firewood and waste burning creating a havoc.
    I hope we have a way to fix this problems, either by responsive BBMBs, or CPCBs,
    3. These roads are under UGD, But storm drains which are connected still stink of human excreta ., It appears that some of the drains could be actively handling sewage!!

• Ra
      16th of Jul, 2015

Its seems to be cry from helpless common men, the way we can figth is to make group and raise voice. It seems india has not got we freedom it has only transferred from British to rich class of Indians. As our great heros fought against British we need to fight against this inequality. MY DEAR COUNTRY MEN COME TOGETHER WE HAVE TO FREE INDIA ONCE AGAIN.

• At
      18th of Aug, 2015

Kindly stop making air pollution from crackers it leads to several severe diseases, politicians are making this noise pollution and air pollution when ever a politician comes to a area or where ever he goes to ask vote there will be a burst of crackers for about half n hour which is very much harmful for my parents as well as others who is suffering from asthma and to the pet animals they ran and come inside the houses because of this nonsense. Kindly raise your voice against this as well this is continuously happening from past 10 days. FROM Bangalore Jayanagar.

• Sh
      16th of Dec, 2015

KA04 B6574 this auto driver needs to get his auto checked! It's way too polluting! I almost choked because of the smoke.

• Ga
      13th of Jul, 2016

Dear Sir,
    There is a construction work going on in our street from past 2 years. These people have been cutting granite and marble in huge numbers from past 1 and half years. Even during demolition they did not contain dust. Cutting the granite is creating more dust pollution and noise pollution beyond what a human can tolerate. Most of us in our street have been having allergic infections multiple times. Please look into this issue ASAP and you can request them to cut the granite somewhere else and only do the fixing here.
    Address: 10th A cross, 29th Main, HSR Layout 1st sector.

8th of Aug, 2017

Hi sir I am frustrated with the fire smoke coming from my backside house. They are burning everytime and that smoke comes to my home.and our children always fall sick . Please do the needful sir. Our family is in danger. It is just like murdering us by giving slow poison.House is in kudlu gate concorde homes .9900503430 Chetan.