Bangalore Government` / Terrible experience!

I am traveling by Auto from the day I entered Bangalore. It takes exactly Rs.62 (old meter) and Rs.72 (New meter) to my office from my residence. Now I end up paying Rs.80, which is too expensive for me. Unfortunately there is no good local transport available and I struggle everyday. My office is hardly 11 kms away and I have to spend Rs.160 per day.

My complaint is that, when Govt said that they will change the meter rate, they also mentioned that the meter will be electronic and auto drivers will behave properly, but none of these things were implemented till date.

Ra

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Jun, 2008

The auto drivers always demand more money however much the govt has increased the fare. Also the govt has promised that they will enforce electronic meters and teach the auto drivers how to behave with the pubilc but nothing has been auctioned yet. When they will keep up the promise???

• Ab
      19th of Aug, 2008

- The auto drivers always demand excess fare esp. when we have to travel a distance within 2 kms(Which is minimum) and they charge Rs 20 blindly. They do not put on the meters.
    - Sometimes they also refrain from going to certain places stating that they would not get any passengers over ther. Is that an excuse for not going to a particular place?
    - The distance from my home to my office is 8 kms and the fare would be ranging from Rs 56 to Rs62 (depending on the route), but I usually end up paying Rs 75 or more. I guess the old meters are manipulated and hence it displays excess fares.

Why can't the Government take actions on these issues and make it a compulsory to use new digital meters only!!!

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2008

I am loosing hope, Every day after office hours, I waste 40 minutes to get an auto to reach home. I think they should remove the metres from the Autos as they do not want to come in normal metre and always throw excuses as heavy traffic etc. Can anybody help on this, they are growing stubborn day by day and are playing the fool with passengers...