Banfield Wellness Plan / does not offer what it claims
I brought my dog to a PetSmart/Banfield location for shots and was given an itemized list of costs for the visit. The costs were well over $200. I was then given a polished presentation of the Banfield Wellness Plan and shown how much it would save me on this and future visits. This was at payment time, so it was either pay for the wellness plan or the visit and I chose the wellness plan because I would obviously be in the same predicament next time if I didn't. The contract for the plan was for 1 year, but I could cancel at any time. I am 9 months into the plan now but I have not been satisfied with it for about 4 months. My usually healthy dog has actually developed health problems recently and on each outrageous bill we have saved anywhere from $5 to $75. Office visits are supposed to be included in the plan but we have been charged 3 times for these. We began taking our other dog to a vet that is much closer and she seems to be much more honest about what the dog needs. Her prices are also much lower than Banfield's.
In my opinion, it seems that Banfield uses the age old marketing strategy of increasing their prices so that specials and discounts may be offered. $30 a month should not be necessary to receive fair billing for pet health care. Unfortunately, I still did not receive fair billing anyway. Now that I am 3 months shy of completing the contract, I would like to bring my dog to the same vet that my other dog has been seeing. Unfortunately, I was told by Banfield that canceling my plan means that I pay the remaining 3 months at once. Just like their marketing strategies, their cancellation plan is deceptive. If they require me to pay the remaining 3 months, why not keep it at monthly installments? After all, ability to pay the pet care bills is what is prompting my desire to cancel.
I am disappointed in Banfield in much the same way that human health care companies disappoint when they put money before humanity.
More Banfield Wellness Plan Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude