Banfield Pet Hospital / no one available on friday afternoon to authorize a refund

1 2925 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem, ORSalem, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503-581-5899

Today is a friday. I tried for three hours to get someone in authority to make a decision regarding a refund for a new kind of flea medicine which I bought at the beginning of the month. The doctor who owns this banfield "wasn't feeling well" and had left the building by 2:00 p. M. I then asked them to ask the veterinarian who was filling in for the doctor/owner, to please make a decision about getting a refund. I then was told that "the doctor/owner had to be the one to make the decision about the refund, not the one who was filling in. I asked them to page the doctor/owner, but he never answered his page.

They later tried a second time, but still got no response from the doctor/owner. A different employee tried to reach the"office manager, "but this person in authority also was not available.

I tried for 3 full hours, because I knew i'd have to take 2 different buses to get there, and buses in salem, or, no longer run on saturdays. Yet, I was told that both the doctor/owner and the office manager would both be in tomorrow morning. I explained that I will now have to wait until monday to make the trip to the other side of town via buses.

I am totally horrified that during normal, working hours, banfield hospital had no one available to decide whether or not I could get a refund. What kind of business is this that does not have someone in authority available during working, normal hours??? What a joke!!! This particular banfield hospital is a disgrace as far as i'm concerned. The"doctor/owner"and the"office manager" need to redo their office policies. I never should have had to go through what I went through today.

Comments

• Uf
      16th of Sep, 2009

Hm. Have you ever felt ill and needed to leave work a few hours early? Have you ever had a time that your job is short staffed because everything seems to go wrong on the same day? Should a manager have to present 7 days a week 7am-7pm (as those are Banfield's typical hours)? Just because it is the medical field does not mean that these are not people as well. People with lives and families and illnesses that must be dealt with. Your fifty dollar refund is not exactly a top priority (I'm sorry to burst your center of the world bubble). Plus, you don't know the situation, that receptionist may lose her bonus or part of her pay if she takes an unauthorized refund. Further, why did you want the refund? Was the product "not working"? Because you need to use flea prevention consistently for three months for it to reach full effectiveness. Did you see fleas jumping all over the place on your pet like they were crazy? Guess what? That is because they are dying and their nervous systems go crazy. Did you treat your house and yard at the same time as your pet? Probably not. I get so tired of spending half my day arguing with people about whether their flea prevention works. IT WORKS. BUT, it works best if you use it all the time and you don't wait for them to get fleas before you begin using it.