Banfield Pet Hospital / do not let banfield perform surgery!
Our beloved pit bull Bibi had a torn ACL in her left hind leg and we trusted the vet at Banfield completely. They signed us up for the highest "wellness plan" so we could afford the surgery it would take (which it actually didn't - we spent over $2,000 which is about the same as anywhere else) and drove all over the city to have a "special" Banfield vet do her surgery. Two weeks after her surgery, Bibi was limping again. We took her back to Banfield who then told us that we didn't take good enough care of her post-surgery and that she had torn her ACL again. Since we couldn't afford to have another surgery right away, I did more research and decided to consult a private specialist. A very very long story short, the specialist discovered from new x-rays that the original ACL repair was done "differently" than he had ever seen it done before. He consulted some of his colleagues who agreed that the surgery was done in a unusual manner, which contributed to its failure. And the whole time we thought we had caused her surgery to fail. Anger doesn't even describe the feeling. We can't cancel our wellness plan (of course) nor can we switch back to her previous less expensive plan without paying a penalty equal to how much money they would lose if we did.
Banfield is a corporate business. Do you really want to wait until your beloved pet is in dire need to find out how much they really don't care...
More Banfield Pet Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - availability
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude