Banfield / wellness plan/staff incompetence

1 Encinitas, CA, United States Review updated:

I hate hate hate banfield! We were loyal for years and then started getting sent all over the county when we had emergencies and then made to wait hours! We tried to cancel our wellness plan, but somehow there is no record of that effort and we've been told now that our money can't be refunded. They don't tell you over the phone that the cancellation has to be in writing, we were told it would be handled, and conveniently for banfield there is no record of that conversation. Stay away!! We were also completely dissatisfied after taking our bulldog in multiple times for the same symptoms, being asked to pay for expensive medications. When we finally ditched banfield, our new vet told us we could purchase over-the-counter medicines that would relieve our pet. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Definitely contacting the bbb, I just wish there was more I could do.

P

Comments

• N5
      23rd of Nov, 2009

Maybe you should read the fine print before signing a contract... Having a pet does cost money. Different doctors use different medication, depending on who you go to.

• Sw
      12th of Mar, 2010

The plan was not the problem for me. I liked it very much. The problem is that they stopped taking the money out of my account and never told me. So after a while they sent a collections agency after me (had I known they weren't taking the money out of my account I would have gladly paid via mail or internet). This was the only notice I got from them. I immediately paid the amount asked for (which was the remaining amount on the contract). After that I was informed that I would have to start over with a new plan essentially double paying for the remaining months on the original contract. That is what I don't like about Banfield.