Banfield / overcharges and gave vaccines when told not to
Signed up for this plan for my st bernard puppy.
They gave her several vaccinations at age 4 months and wanted us to come back for more. I did an online study of the corona vaccination and could not find a single vet site that recommended this (They all recommend against this shot!). Told my vet I don't want this vaccination for the dog.
Went back a month later for her "spay" and was charged an extra $40 fee for the dog being larger than 50 lbs. They said they told me this when we signed up for the plan. They did not. They tried to get me to ok extra services (Anal expression, toe nail clip, etc). I told them no... Only the spay
Got back the details of the surgery... They gave her 3 more vaccinations without my approval... Including the corona virus! Extra services they charged for included a neurological exam ($25), fecal exams ($36), and eye exam (Tonomitry - $23).
I am very angry. I need a vet that I can trust... I am not against vaccinations... But I am against tests and vaccinations that are not pre-approved, and that are actually shown by other vets to be wrong. I don't want to pay for a one year plan with a vet that I can't trust.
I called their customer complaint line. Let's see what happens!
More Banfield Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history! 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off! 
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing 
- Banfield Pet Hospital - double charge
- Banfield Pet Hospital - negligent and unethical behavior - they caused the death of our english bulldog
- Banfield Pet Hospital - fraud and intentional misrepresentation
- Banfield Pet Hospital - scheduling & management attitude
- Banfield Pet Hospital - vet services