Band With A Mission / Misrepresentation/Fraud

Nashville, TN, United States Review updated:

Company uses classic bait and switch. Offers to market and promote Artists music as a "Development Deal" but fails to deliver the promised marketing/promotion and referrals to industry professionals once recording is complete and paid in full. Company misrepresents itself as an entity/group of individuals, when in reality it is run by one man, Austin C. Cook; listed as "VP of A&R." When confronted with guarantees made in writing, Cook refuses follow-through, claiming he is "no longer in the business." However, Cook continues to "showcase" bands (who are given the hope of a recording and/or "development" deal) throughout the US, Canada, and Europe (for a $200 fee), as listed on the BWAM website.

Comments

Apr 07, 2011

Absolutely agreed. I didn't get that far, but I showcased with Band With a Mission and felt like it was a complete misrepresentation of what was initially offered. Both in the personal correspondence I recieved asking to come out and showcase, as well as the website. I also find it interesting that Austin Cook has all of these credentials with who he's signed etc, but a simple google search doesn't back that up. Perhaps this was just my experience and my opinion, but if anyone reading this chooses to move forward w/ BWAM, I'd do my research.