Banana Hobby / Defective product

Never buy at banana hobby.
After taking your money they don't want to hear!
I spent $700+ on an f - 18. Never even got it off the ground.
Radio and transmitter don't work, landing gear came broken.
They wont even reply to my emails and when I call they always say that the tech person is not there and will return my call.
Never happened

Wa

Comments

• Dj
      4th of Apr, 2009

Hello guys! the bananhobby.com is horror guys! I was stupid to buy from them:)! I ordered ART-TECH Eagle Eey helicopter with camera http://www.bananahobby.com/1534.html and after I receive it I immediately went in to the problems! when I open it the helicopter looks like it was already in use! scratched paint is some place plastic broke, all canopy is dirty... so I was thinking ok never mind lets try to fly:))! I charge the battery put it in, starting up and at first it fly good enough for me, but this was not enough just to fly:)! this helicopter is with wireless camera and you can get picture on your pc and record or even on tv...so I install the software connected that wireless audio/video transmitter connect the battery and after some moment was ready to grab my rc controller and helicopter jump by it self! that was horror guys:)! it fly just for the moment, went down but the rotor still on! I try to stop the motor by remote control no reaction:)! the rotor gets my laptop power cord and wrap it:)! there was smoke, smell!I was able to disconnect battery even that connection was hot! At first I can''t understand what happen:)! but just after couple minutes wait a minute:))!! this is 72Mghz helicopter:))! I was thinking that I bought 2.4ghz helicopter as they shows on the web page:)! but I receive 72Mghz and everybody know that 72 Mghz is't safe at all because id somebody around you in the range of up to 700 yards have the same frequency any toy it could interference! that is what happen to me! and remember guys I was buying 2.4ghz because I know that is safe and with rc helicopter better be very careful because those spinning rotors can heart you pretty serious even kill! And you know what guys:)? the bananahobby don't want to hear anything about refund:)! there is the girl her name is Mary who is very rude an when I'm asking did you send the right helicopter she answers like parrot all the time the same: YOU DID NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, WE WON'T REFUND! this is true horror guys:)! NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS VENDOR THEY ARE SCAMERS 100%! the FBI should investigate them immediately! I will suit them for sure! DJ

• Ka
      7th of Apr, 2009

i purchased a blitz rc tornado helicopter back in december for my husbands christmas present. it cost us in the region of £300 with all the extras. the helicopter arrived safe and well after 2 weeks and was brand new with no problems, great!! then the problema began. firstly the simulator didn't work as it is pre historic, then my husband damaged the helicopter and has been trying to get parts ever since. we ordered parts and they arrived, but they were the incorrect parts. (after takin over a month to arrive) we have e-mailed them several times to inform them that the parts were incorrect and had no reply. giving them chance after chance we e-mailed them again after not hearing anything for over a month and got a reply from pete asking us to e-mail him with the incorrect parts that had arrived and the parts that we actually needed. we did this and did not get any reply again and still no parts for amother month. again we e-mailed them to enquire about our parts and carrie e-mailed back to say they would send the parts and asked for confirmation that we had received the e-mail, this we did. that was over 3 weeks ago and still i have no parts. i am now stuck with a helicopter that we have flown once and $50 worth of parts that are not even for this helicopter.
    i am sorry that i have had to write this as i believed bananhobby were a good company however when you let your customers down as they have done with us you are left with no option but to criticise them.

• Dj
      7th of Apr, 2009

I do agree with the last complain! also I have the same problem with flight simulation software which doesn't work at all:)! all you can do just turn helicopter right and left but when you trying to lift it up it fell:)! this software even can't be called simulation software it is SCAM:)! like everything from BananaHobby :)! they include this software with the kit to make it look more attractive but it useless:)! It looks like they selling everything what was already in use! perhaps they have the system how to collect this used staff in China then reselling it in US:)! they like a maniacs not agreeing to refund no matter what:)! and you know what? even if they will be closed one day they will reincarnated in another company with new name:)! it looks there is no authority to stop this SCAMERS! also if you go to the www.bbb.org this company registered at BBB and there is no rating just two letters NR and very smoky explanation what does it means:)! but I feel that it means VERY BAD:)! my recommendations to anybody who willing to buy any RC toys NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY YOU WILL GET IN TO TROUBLES 100%! there is plenty good company's who selling the same staff, also I recommend always before buying just look at the BBB or RC forums!

• Fb
      25th of Apr, 2009

BANANAHOBBY IS A JOKE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEM WITH THE TORNADO HELI I GOT FROM THEM. THEY WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS NOR PICK UP THE PHONE. SUCKS TO BUY FROM THEM. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Me
      17th of Jul, 2009

Ordered heli that never shipped, go thru to them on chat and asked them to cancel the order. Day after that they went ahead and charged my credit card. It appears none of the products on their web site are in stock, they take orders and then wait for wholesales to send them the item. STAY AWAY FROM THEM

• Ri
      31st of Jul, 2009

I made the mistake of purchasing 2 electric planes. One had a broken servo and the other didn't work at all. I have tried calling HUNDREDS of times, no answer. I have left over 30 emails (One a day) asking for an RMA. No reply. I submitted a complaint to BBB, no response from Banana Hobby. I saw a FBI investigation on them, but pretty hard to nail them. They are selling second hand items as new, STAY AWAY from BANANA HOBBY...BUYER BEWARE!

• Di
      11th of Dec, 2009

Well I guess I am not alone in this, ordered a helichopter back around 9 Nov 09, said they shipped 12 Nov that was a lie, never got it till 7 Dec and it had been opened and used by someone else, body broken, one motor did not work parts missing, the sad part about this is, is that I am sationed in Iraq, don't have a lot of free time but the time I do have it would have been nice to do something cool, I don't know maybe fly a choper, and to think I am over here protecting the American way of life, I feel really bad that I am protecting their way of doing business. Maybe they think that I am here and there is nothing I can do about it, well they are sadly mistaken. Before I found this web site I thought I was alone in this, not that it makes it any better, it does not.

• Dv
      12th of Dec, 2009

Hi,

yes I agree with the last post! you guys protecting our lives there in Iraq, Afhganistan... and protecting those scamers lives too! but seams like no body can get hands on that bananahobby:)! there is a tons of complains but nothing happened:)! they still scaming people with that trash! I'm personaly get scam for about $280.00 ! all we see that guy Peter says LOVELY, SWEET, PERFECT but there is nothing like this at all! if you in the military please do something about that because you should have some connection in law inforcement or even FBI! somebody should stop those scamers on and for all! by the way bananahobby stop BBB icon appearance at they website because now their rating is F! some like 6 months ago the rating was C...! ether their cancel contract with BBB or they just don't wanna show to customer what people think about them...:))! SCAMERS and CRIMINALS!

• 35
      28th of Dec, 2009

My wife bought a helicopter from them online. After a few weeks went by she sent an email to see where it was. They said it was out of stock. She bought another one at a different site and requested a refund. After several weeks we still haven't received credit for the purchase. We tried to call but the phone number said they were basically too busy to pick up the phone and wanted us to chat live online. Their website however is not working. I did figure out that you can dial option 11 when you call them and it will get you past the main menu. As I am typing this I have been on hold for 15 min. I will probably just have to chalk that money up to a lesson learned. They obviously are rip off artists. RUN JUAN PABLO RUN!!!

2nd of Feb, 2010

My best friend and I bought 2 planes from Banana Hobby via the internet. The total purchase price including shipping to Australia was over $700. We had saved our pocket money for months to buy these planes and now find that our order has not been processed and after many attempts to contact them we are not better off. it appears not that we will never receive our planes and have lost our money as a result. My mum has put in over 6 hours of her time to try and get to the bottom of this very bad experience. We have all learnt a very important lesson about thoroughly checking the credentials of companies especially on line companies. we will never go to Banana Hobby again. DO NOT TRUST BANANA HOBBY WITH ANYTHING.

• Bl
      24th of Mar, 2010

Warning, do not buy anything from banana hobbY. Do not buy RC-
    "radio controlled" -planes, helicopters, or cars from Banana HobbY.
    First, there product descriptions are false, and you will have to accept
    what they send you " as is " because there is no way to return it.
    In other words, if it comes with missing parts or it arives D.O.A. it can
    not be returned or exchanged and this is why. In order to return it under
    there policy it would have to be sent back with in 7 days and only after
    they have issued a RMA number.
    They make it impossible to get a RMA number because there is no way
    to contact them. The local and 800 phone numbers listed on the web site
    never answer and are fake. Emails sent to them will be ignored. The web
    sites live chat is laughable, you will be made to wait a half hour to get a
    response and when they respond they will avoid the issue. They will make
    you wait another half hour for a response, change the subject and become
    insulting.
    I went to chase bank for help, the claims department told me to return the merchandise regardless and they would open a claim to get me a refund.
    I gave chase claims department proof from UPS that they received it and
    signed for it. Banana hobby sent chase bank the return policy and then
    chase closed the claim stating I that I did not comply with it.
    There is no way to comply with there return policy.
    Chase bank turned there back on me and now the ###s at banana hobbY
    have my helecopter and my money.
    Do not buy anything from banana hobby.
    You will be sorry you did.
    They are the ### of the earth.

16th of Aug, 2010

BANANA HOBBIES WHAT A JOKE .. LIKE BUYING AT A CARNIVAL.
    HERE TODAY GONE WHEN YOUR MONEY ARRIVES .. BOUGHT A F-15 WITH RETRACTS AND TRHUST VECTORING .. NEVER GOT OFF THE GROUND NOT ENOUGHT TRRUST .. TRIED SEVERAL NEWLY CHARGED BATTERIES... THIS COMPANY IS A FARCE .. HOW DO YOU STAY IN BUSINESS. JOHN OMAHA

• Wi
      24th of Nov, 2010

banama hobby a joke i bought a airbus a380 end of august 2010 servoes duds transmitter receiver dose not work no instructions to wire up it took two months to come one got lost they said they sent it it was still in the states i phoned usps they said it was sent to heathrow england i phoned coustoms they said it was still in states i got a replacment over two months later it was used dud william davidson dundee scotland

• 80
      19th of Dec, 2010

hi i have only ordered heli parts for my esky big lama, blitzworks r/c giant ec-130 like blades and bateries also used live chat 4 questions on my heli and they wer very helpfull i only use them cause ther in la county ca but IM REAL SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT HOW THEY HAVE TREATED ALL OF YOU !JUST NOW I WAS ABOUT TO ORDER BLADES !BUT NOW I WILL GO ELSWERE WE ALL WORK HARD FOR OUR$ TO BAD YOU GUYS ARE OVER SEAS OR FAR AWAY TO GO TO THER SHOP IN LA AND HAND THEM A SAPINA TO GO TO COURT AND SUE THER [censor]! XHELI .COM IS A REPUTABLE COMPANY BOUGHT PARTS, AND 2 HELIS FROM THEM VERY NICE PEOPLE AND THER IN LA CA GOOD PRICES TO BUT IF YOU REALY WANT GOOD DEALS NEED GO TO HELIPAL IN THE UK ALSO, WOW HOBBIES.COM IN ORANGE COUNTY CA ALSO THINK R/C.COM IN CA AGAIN IM SORRY FOR ALL YOUR LOSES HOPE THIS MESSAGE CAN HELP YOU I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS NOT TO SHOP THER AS WE SAY WER I COME FROM HAWAII IS THER KA PU =STAY A WAY! IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON ANY THING EMAIL ME AT alohapete808@yahoo.com i will be happy to help

• Gr
      20th of Dec, 2010

I ordered 2 RC Helicopters for my Grandson for Christmas. One would not charge and other had cracked rotor blades in the packaging. Emails go unanswered and you wait on hold forever! NEVER use them EVER!

• A1
      20th of Jan, 2011

BANANA HOBBY SUCKS BIG TIME. They gave me a defective A-10 Thunderbolt... I E-mailed them, went on the chat, ... but problem is still there. Don't buy from them because they don't care about their products once you received them. File a complaint with the BBB in California.

• Da
      16th of Mar, 2011

mother[censor]in thieves if they were closer to me i would shove my brand new right out of the box doa rc boat up there [censor] something has got to be done about jerks

19th of Mar, 2011

I see now from others that it wasn't just me. I got screwed on a piece of crap. MIG29 is a piece of junk. Both ESC's fried one after the other. After just pluggin it in. I replaced the first one only to have the second burn out before even placing any throttle. I have since flown it several times but at great expence. Radio had no manual. The landing gear did not retract and they were intermittment. I had to keep them down at all times because they were so unreliable. The customer service was the same song and dance. I'd call, no one there, I'd get some girl who when I asked if she knew her product she said she did then could not answer any questions about said product or radio. I emailed the CEO of this sad company and got zero response. unfortunately I needed some replacement parts for this now $750 investment so we will see how they do. I have been telling everyone at every field not to buy from them .

• Pi
      13th of Apr, 2011

Banana Hobby is a Joke... I purchased a RTF (READY TO FLY HELI) about 6 months ago.. When it came in it was not RTF... After two weeks of trouble shooting over the phone we sent it back for repairs... They kept it for 6wks, and when it came back it was RTF... Know we need some parts after a crash, and can't get them... What a joke!!! Banana Hobby Sucks!!! I won't be purchasing any thing from them again!!!

• Bo
      29th of Aug, 2011

I have purchased three planes from bananahobby a F4 was okay with a few ajustments a sr71 the front landing gear didn't come down had a bad servo and the F18 this one is a diaster the wireing was backwards the servo for the wing didn;t work the canopy didn't work the thrust vectoring was a disaster but best of all when I glued the two sections together I went on vacation when I got back both sections had seperated so the glue they send don't use it when I contacted them about the vectoring they told me to send a picture of the vectoring I told them to take a picture of one they have on the shelf and look at it my sugestion to them was to hire me and I could correct their mistakes I guess the chinese havent heard of quality control just put the planes together and get them out the door and hopefully the customer can fix their mistakes.