Bally's National Fitness Scam / Cut my membership down to 1.5 years
In oct 07 I had a sales pitch from someone who said their promotion at the time was that 5 people join and pay in full and we get 3 years for $485 a person. That was a total of $2400 up front from me and 4 other friends/family. We all heard the guy say it. I never signed a contract because the sales guy told me not to worry about it he would get it to me later. I never even saw the contract. I started going and offcourse stopped for a while. My sister (also joined with me) and she wanted to go and they told her that the membership is only a year and a half. I checked the website and they said if i wanted to renew it would be $305 for two years...now i checked and they even dropped that offer. when i became a member they said it was renewable for about the same amount as I paid (about 150/ year) . I called the corporate office, i wanted a copy of the "contract" that i knew they didn't have it took 2 request and the second time it was suppose to be faxed...conveniently it didn't get to me. I called a third time-again no fax. Could it be that they don't have a contract and made up their own BS? I have witnesses of the offer...the guy who sold it to me has left bally's, and now they dropped my renewal membership (NOT THAT I WOULD EVER JOIN AGAIN). Ballys has gone bankrupt several times and it's no wonder!! I am a dentist and have my own business...i am honest with people and don't rip them off, that is why I have loyal, happy customers! I explained to the manager at the Bally's that it doesn't make sense to rip people off...it makes them look really bad and word of mouth moves quickly. I guess they don't care!! DON'T FALL FOR THEIR PROMOTIONS AND DEALS!! Its all a scam...they don't even have room for you to go workout because they oversell the memberships, not caring for the comfort of their customs...
Too bad for them, bad business practices. I am just waiting for a copy of a contract with a forged signature and I will call a Lawyer!!! I bet that is why I didn't ever get a fax of my contract.
Bally's you suck and I am just waiting for another bankrupcy in the news!!
More Bally's National Fitness Scam Complaints & Reviews
- National Fitness Financial - Fraudulent billing practices 
- Premier Ladies Fitness / National Fitness - Unable to terminate membership although I have provided sufficient requirements 
- Premier Fitness / Premier Ladies Fitness / National Fitness - Whatever you do, DON'T join PLF! 
- Ladies Work Out Express - National Fitness Centers - It is a complete rip off that you join, and then hours are reduced! 
- National Fitness Center - Scam charges
- National Fitness Financial Systems - They hold your money 
- National Fitness - Billing beyond membership contract
- National Fitness Financial - Fraud Collections 
- National Fitness - Customer service / account
- National Fitness - Was not allowed to speak with a supervisor and was told a supervisor would not call me back