Bally's Fitness / Unauthorized debits!

I have been a member of Crunch Fitness for 4 years. This company was recently purchased by bally's fitness in the past 6 months in this time - i have been robbed TWO times. They doubled billed me one month and did not credit me back - they sent me a voucher for a free month which expired before it even got to me. Not the bigger problem - after paying my regular monthly dues on 1/9/07 as i have every month for the past several years - this comes out of my checking account, btw - they went in and helped themselves to another $80 on the 1/18/07. I have placed btw 9 and 10 calls, sent a fax and a letter. I have been given the run around like u cannot believe. They take messages and say we will call u back. and they don't. They have stolen from me and countless others. When i reported this to the bank, they immediately credited me and told me that 'bally's does this ALL the time'.

Comments

• Ta
      1st of Feb, 2007

OMG....Thought I was the only with billing problems at Crunch. I bought a personal training contract with Crunch in July 2006 and they charged me for TWO bloody contracts. I asked the billing rep if it makes ANY SENSE at all for an individual to buy two contracts when there is only one of me!!! Then when I renewed my contract in dec 2006 (unaware of the brewing billing problems, unknown delinquent status on my account), they had the nerve to tell me that they don't have my new contract on file!! Then WHY WAS I CHARGED DOUBLE for ONE CONTRACT? They also messed up my monthly dues. All the billing reps are clueless, incompetent and bloody rude. They keep slapping me with late payments, late fees and all that crap when my credit card is always in good standing. I hate Crunch. The only reason I'm staying till summer is purely because I really like my trainer. Otherwise, I'd be out of there.

• Se
      6th of Feb, 2007

I had two accounts at Bally's Finess in Maryland many years ago. I joined it knowing that I would be traveling and living outside of USA for at least three years. The worker from Bally told us that it won't be no problem if I showed them a one way ticket. After 6 months, before my depature I presented one way ticket. However, my friend had two way ticket (open for a year) and the same person who helped us told us that she will take care of it.

With peace of mind, I left the country. When I came back for a short visit, I realized that my bank was overdrawn and I was charged the fine...I went to complain but that person who helped us already left Bally. And I spoke to a new person who was in charge and made a formal complain...and also presented my friend being away. And I left US again.

By the time, I came back...his account (I was paying for it and they made this account to mine) became mine and it went to the collecting agency. It has been almost 10 years but they still time to time send me for bill.

I am really tried of what they have done. But I am only an individual and what can I do...they really messed me up.

Seung Paik

• Na
      2nd of Jul, 2007

I have been a member at Ballys for a while now, and during that time period i have found notes placed on lockers of NYPD investigations because thieves are braking into the lockers; and the worst part is that the employees also leave notes stating that there are going to brake your locker if left unattended for a day or more. So by any means, if you leave you stuff in your locker until the next day consider you stuff to be missing and never found, or they might be wearing it!. also the employee are clueless, i don't know what kind of personal trainers they hire. but some of them, are overweight and are not knowledgeable with the equipment. I find it a complete insult when they come up to me and ask me if i would be interested in a personal training sessions, 120 pounds tone, work our four days a week... i just laugh.