Bally Total Fitness / Gym closed down can't get in touch for refund

1 8206 Phillips HighwayJacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

My friend and I went and signed up for a 1 year deal at Bally's Gym in Jacksonville even though the rumor was they were closing down. When we got their we spoke with the manager Craig Laird employee #715831 he assured us this was a rumor and that the gym was putting in a 30k sqft spa and that this was a brand new gym and their was no way it would go out of business. LIES, LIES, LIES, a month later went to work out and doors locked and a sign on the door saying sorry out of business. We were then told our membership was transferred to PowerHouse Gym but after 2 weeks of PowerHouse not getting paid we couldn't use their facility can't blame them. When I tried and still try to contact Bally's head office it would't answer stating to many calls and you can't leave a message. This company is going out of business for sure so beware when you sign up for a membership they will take your money and run.

Comments

• Ta
      17th of Oct, 2009

My suggestion would be to use the number on the back of your membership card OR to email Bally's online. I have sent emails with my questions to them and have heard back within 24-48 hours, 72 at the max. Every customer associate I've dealt with has been very knowledgeable and helpful with my claims and concerns. I was even given a free membership transfer when I moved locations.

Trust me...if you email or even call, press the 0 key to get an operator.

You must be persistent.

• St
      21st of Dec, 2010

BALLY'S IS A RIPPPPPPP OFF. I WAS VISITING THE COUNTRY ON A 4 MONTH VACATION AND THERE REPRESENTATIVE GAVE ME A SSN AND PUT ME ON A CONTRACT. I HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT WAS HAPPENING AND NOW THAT I LIVE HERE AND GOING TO SCHOOL THEY WANT TO COLLECT. BALLY'S LEAVE ME ALONE AND ALL PERSONS INTERESTED IN BALLY'S LEAVE THEM THEY ARE FAKE.

• Yl
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Bally Total Fitness - Rude costumer service towards future member
    Bally Total Fitness
    2715 N. Belt line rd
    Irving
    Texas
    Phone: 9722528772

Awful treatment of future members. Instead of them trying to get you to sign up for a membership they are so rude that it made me walk out without even getting in a machine. I don't know if all clubs are like this but the one in Irving TX sure is. The employees there are very unprofessional. They do not know how to approach future members what so ever. I am so glad I noticed this the day before I signed up. Now guess who I am going to sign up with on a 3yr contract? 24hrFitness Irving TX. Why? because they actually care and know how to treat someone that is giving you their money. Not like the rude uneducated people that work at Bally Total Fitness Irving TX. Take my word don't go there unless you don't care about the way people you pay for a service talk to you.