Bally Total Fitness 15 & Walnut Streets - Philadelphia, PA / Scam and cheating!

I signed up for the 7 days free trial online for Bally's gym. But when I first walked in the door, I was greeted by overly friendly trainer who showed me around this 5 story building. But when I told them the $150/300 enrollment fee plus $60 per month plan was too expensive for me, he asked the managers to try to convince me to sign up for it. When I was forced and told them that I'd think about it, they dropped the price to HALF! I felt pressured to make a decision on the spot so I told them if it's ok for me to use my free pass for the week and I'll make a decision afterward. Once I told them that, they were mad at me and not even talked to me at me. The trainer who showed me the gym also "accidentally" lost my free trial pass. He promised to look for it but made me wait while he was talking to the other trainers and managers. Finally I was fed up with the show and decided to leave without the pass!

The free trial is just one of their scams to get the consumers in the door. I hope people will be aware of it and stop the scams Bally comes up with!!!

Comments

• Co
      2nd of Jan, 2009

Good Job to not fall into the pressure.

• Am
      27th of Mar, 2009

DO NOT SIGN UP AT THIS GYM. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Let me tell you about my horrible experience.

I got a coupon to try the place for free and, right when I walked in, they tried to to give me a sales pitch-- from the protein drinks, to the personal trainers, to the membership. I felt as if I was at a car dealership.

After I repeatedly said no to signing up, they brought me into a room and brought over their second line of attack, some chubby Chinese guy named James C. He bragged about how he competed in shows and now he's a personal trainer at Bally's on Aborn. Being as fat as he is, I wonder
    how is he going to help me get into shape. I told him I just wanted to use the machine and that I wasn't interesting in joining. Then he started making belittling comments at me because I didn't want to join. He said I wouldn't amount to anything if I didn't sign up. Why come at all if I wasn't going to sign up? He said he wanted to help me, but when I asked him to show me how to use the equipment, he said "I don't work for free." He kept going on and on about me staying at home and using my bench press rather then using their equipment if I wasn't going to sign up. I knew he didn't want me there. Then he calls over another worker and tells her "This guy doesn't want to sign up, but he wants to use our gym." I've never felt so unwelcome anywhere in my life.

Any thought of joining this gym went straight down the drain after hearing the words out of JAMES C mouth.

This doesn't include the ridiculous fees they try to throw on you. Join another gym. It's cheaper and the customer service is a lot better.

Bally should train their workers better, rather than having them harass the customers.

I will not recommend this place to anybody!

If you see JAMES C, just say, "C' ya later, " or ignore the guy and don't ever sign up from him because he'll make you feel 2 feet tall if you don't want to join.

Oh, I forgot, when he realized he wasn't going to make a sales off me, he walked out the room and said, "Have a good life." I don't know whether to be angry or laugh. Of course it's sarcasm for "Thanks, for wasting my time idiot." And if you come here, and unfortunate enough to met him, this is what's in store for you too.

I rather be fat then have to deal with this type of insulting customer service!