Ballroomdancingshoe.com / Nonresponsive

Madiso, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-806-3075

My client bought several pairs of shoes from them and needed to return them. The only option for returning is to get a return authorization number on the website, but the option was unavailable for these shoes even though we tried to return them within the 20 day time frame permitted for returns. My main complaint, however, is that we have been unable to contact the company. When phoning the company you get a message that all operators are busy and to leave a message, but all three mailboxes have been full for a month. I have sent numerous emails to both customer service and sales, but have received no response. The last thing we did was send a letter by certified mail, but according to the tracking information on the USPS website, they attempted to deliver the letter a week ago and left a notice, but the letter has still not been claimed.
Mi

Comments

Ho
  5th of Mar, 2009
I have had the same issue! However, I will say that the first message I left, I received a helpful email maybe ten minutes later. But since then, no one has responded. I had to exchange one pair of shoes for a different size, and after a two-three week process (begging for an RMA#, then shipping back to them, three-four days of processing the return on their end, finally shipping back to me), I was sent a pair in the exact size as before. Now I have to beg more for someone to reply to me so I can get my money back or they can send me the right pair, and I am absolutely fit to be tied.
Ch
  2nd of May, 2009
I have a similar issue. I needed to exchange a pair of shoes. I received an RMA #, sent the shoes back w/ verified receipt. They never sent a replacement pair. They refuse to respond to emails or phone messages! You will have no ability to get a response from them whatsoever!

Further, if you pay by Paypal, you will have NO protection. Paypal's policy is that if the company sent you something, anything, their responsibility ends there. Paypal will do NOTHING for you to resolve this issue.

*Do not buy anything from this company*
Un
  21st of Jun, 2009

Ballroomdancingshoe.com - Refused to exchange
Ballroomdancingshoe.com
Alabama
Ballroomdancingshoe.com

I purchased a pair of size 9 shoes from Ballroomdancingshoe.com. I tried them on once and I realized they were too big - I needed a size 8.5. I immediately followed their website instructions to apply for a RMA so I could exchange the shoes. Ballroomdancingshoe.com never emailed me the RMA.

I waited a week and emailed them again. Ballroomdancingshoe.com didn't send the RMA so I wrote letter and asked them to use my letter as a RMA - shipped the shoes back to Ballroomdancingshoe.com by US Mail - priority, insured, signature required. Ballroomdancingshoe.com refused my box - sticking on it a neon green "refused" sticker, and a neon yellow pre-printed "Please Request RMA#. Per our policies... How to request RMA#: Go to http://www.ballroomdancingshoe.com..." Obviously they refuse tons of shoes -- since they printed lovely yellow stickers to refuse shipments with ease. I tried calling them every day for a week - left them voicemails. No response.

After my shipment was returned to me, I went online to the Better Business Bureau - they have a F rating from the BBB as there have been 87 complaints filed with the BBB: http://www.bbb.org/northern-alabama/business-reviews/custom-made-shoes-companies/ballroom-dancing-shoe-in-madison-al-900006610

I finally filed my own complaint against Ballroomdancingshoe.com with the Better Business Bureau. Unfortunately according to the BBB website, the company has failed to respond to 62 of the 87 complaints filed against the business - so I don't feel very optimistic.

I am stuck with a pair of brand new never worn shoes that don't fit and a company that clearly should not be in business has my $53. I'd love to return the shoes for a refund, since the company doesn't deserve my money or business. We'll see...

Ha
  11th of Mar, 2010
I had similar problems with ballroomdancingshoe.com. I also filed a complaint with the BBB (to no avail). Ironically, this disturbing company still sends me sales emails... you have got to be kidding! I made a mistake by failing to object to a charge on my card within the prescribed time - they SUCK!
Ca
  1st of Dec, 2010
THEY SUCK!!! DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM THEY ARE RUDE, THE PRODUCTS ARE SO LOW QUALITY AND THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I EVER MET . THE OWNER IS THE OUT OF THE BUSINESS AND TREAT YOU LIKE HELL AND THEY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARDS AND NO PRODUCT .I AM LOOKING FOR TWO MONTHS TO GET MY MONEY BACK OR THE PRODUCT AND NOTHING YET .
Se
  23rd of Apr, 2011
I have had the same non-responsive problem from them, and that includes not telling me my shoes were backordered for a good 30 days after the original advertised shipping date...and then missing the backorder date ...and when I contacted them 10 days after the backorder date they said 'a person was looking for my shoes and would ship them that day and send me a tracking number'. Needless to say I never received an email with the tracking number or any notification for shipment, so I have to believe they've now missed the original promised ship date by more than 40 days. I will cancel my order once I can get a response from a person there, which will likely be only via their online single person since they don't answer ANY emails sent to the address they publish for customers to use. Very disappointing and I will not order from them again.
Mel
Do
  14th of Mar, 2013
I ordered 2 pair of shoes & only received 1 pair. They sent an email saying my order was completed. I have called several times & emailed them too. Like everyone says, no response at all!! So they charged me for 2 pairs & only sent 1 pair. I have been ordering shoes from them for a long time & this never happened before!! Something weird is going on! I will never order their shoes again!!
Pu
  9th of Apr, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wish I had seen these complaints before I ordered from this company! I just received my order on Friday, April 8, 2013. The shoes were the correct shoes, but when I put the shoes on they were too short. The shoes were stamped 5 1/2, but when I measured them with the same style shoes I already had, the new shoes were an inch shorter. Only one answer to that, the shoes were incorrectly sized. I just want to exchange the shoes for the size I ordered; but, like others, I cannot get a response. It's only been two days since I've been trying to contact the company, but after reading all the complaints, I don't have much hope.
De
  23rd of Apr, 2014
This company is a scam! Don't order from them. I had the same issues as many others. They don't return call or e-mails. Consider yourself lucky if you received the wrong shoes. Most of their shoes are on back order but they don't notify you. If you need your shoes in a certain time frame (like I did) DO NOT order from them. Now that they have my credit card info. I'm afraid they will do something nefarious. I wish I Googled this site before ordering:(
So
  28th of Oct, 2014
Yes. This company is a scam!! DO NOT order from them. I bought a pair of shoes online. After 1 month I still have not received the shoes, so I post a chaser (ticket) on their website, and received absolutely no response. When I called the above number, it was said that the number is disconnected.