Ballentine Plumbing / dishonest plumber

946 Virginia StEl Segundo, CA, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 3103222630

We had an agreement in April 2007 to include installation of a cover for the exposed pipes below the water heating unit. Informed that this cover could not be the same color as the water heater, but since there was no other option, we agreed to add the cover. Upon inspecting the job, a lack of a cover was noted. Ballentine told us it was “on order, ” and that it would be installed upon its delivery. Unable to provide an exact target date, it was expected “soon.” I paid him in full for the job, including several hundred dollars for the cover.
Spring/Summer 2007: Numerous phone calls were made to Ballentine, who continued to insist that the cover was on order, and that he was having much difficulty obtaining the cover from his source. During September 2007 thru January 2008, numerous phone messages to Ballentine were not returned.
March 2008: Ballentine returned a phone call, and now informed us that the cover was never part of the agreement, but that he was afraid to tell us this when we asked why it was not installed. He was unable to explain how he could continue to offer an incorrect story and keep us inquiring about the missing cover for almost a year. After trying to help Ballentine remember the very deliberate way the cover was decided upon, Ballentine and I decided that the best course of action would be for Ballentine to send a copy of the original contract to me, so that we could both discuss the terms there further. Ballentine never sent this copy to me, and has not returned any further phone messages.
Ri

Comments

Ji
  16th of Apr, 2010
Who is "WE"? If a person has a complaint against a contractor, and fails to put their own name and city on the complaint, it's not valid. How do I know if the complaint was made in fact, by another tankless installation company that was competing against Ballintine Plumbing? Any other contractor out there could go around on the internet, and make false claims about his competition all day long. In fact, the credibility of this entire website is put into question in my mind. The site should include mandatory fields, name, address, phone number etc. If someone made false statements against a contractor, they could be held liable for their comments.

If this website had some credibility, a copy of the complaint should also be emailed to the contractor in question! That way a contractor could respond with their side of the story for crying out loud. How dare a website like this to allow persons to say anything they want, without taking the responsibility of taking ownership for who they are, and if there really was an issue!

Sorry folks, no credibility here at all. By the way, what person would be so foolish as to pay for something in full until they received the goods? And what person would not have an original copy of the original contract that they signed with a contractor? Give me a break!!!

I found this site in my search for Ballintines.
By the way, in my original submission, I'm being forced to leave my name and email, and joining this website.
Need I say more?