Balfour.com / Balfour's website is useless!

I tried to order cap and gown on line and Balfour has a monopoly and is the only place I can get a cap and gown for my daughter's graduation. The website is completely useless. The graduation page "cannot be found". They also have no place on the website to write and complain.

Va

Comments

• De
      28th of Apr, 2008

My son Bruce Lee McCay ordered his cap and gown from you all.He had a $8.00 balance owed and when you all came back to the school in Feburary he paid it.When his cap and gown was delivered on April23 he was charged the $8.00 again.On 1 paper it showed it was paid and on another it showed he still owed the $8.00.Besides that I had sent a money order for $4.30. Do you all not make enough money off these kids.I need to know what you intend to do about this matter.I will be looking for a reply.

• Be
      19th of May, 2008

I paid for my sons cap and gown in october, sadley he will not need it.Trying to get a refund from these people is useless.My son Brent Donaldsons order was paid in full by me on line, why will no one reply?

• Di
      22nd of Aug, 2008

My daughter ordered a class ring from Balfour, paid our deposit, was to receive a printed receipt in the mail from company never did. I sent in remaining balance on ring, we are still waiting on ring and receipt. There are no company phone numbers on the web site or on anything the school gave out. How are you to get in touch with these people?

• Gt
      19th of Feb, 2009

I agree that their website is useless and their staff more so! You cannot contact them by email as far as I've been able to tell. If you call you get someone who doesn't care and barely knows how to fill an order. I have a student graduating from HS and one from college this spring so this monopoly is frustrating. They need competition in order to improve. It would be a great void for someone to fill.

• Li
      26th of Mar, 2009

Try www.Balfourgrad.com to order your products. I was having an issue with Balfour.com as well.

On the Balfour.com website, when you select your school, it should take you to view the products and it should list your sales rep's name towards the top-right of the screen. When you click the name, it should bring up a window providing your sales rep contact info as well as technical assistance contact info.

I also had the same issue with a son that didn't graduate, but fortunately I still had my receipt from the order and luckily I had another son graduating the following year, so I was able to have them replace the old order with the new order with no extra out-of -pocket money.

I can tell you, if you don't have a receipt of your purchase from them, you are SOL.

HTH

• Pe
      21st of Apr, 2009

I just recently ordered my sisters cap and gown and am completely appalled at the poor craftsmanship and even worse material that it is made from! The zipper is not aligned with the other side, the back yoke is nothing but a huge puff and the center seam down the front of the cap is crooked! In my opinion this cap and gown aren't worth 5 cents let alone $25 dollars and I have tried in vain to reach our rep to no avail. Graduation is in May and I'm worried that she'll have to walk in this cheaply made piece of garbage! Balfour should be reported to the better business bureau and whatever other agancies there might be to prevent a consumer from being completely ripped off!
    -Natalie R

• Xd
      10th of May, 2009

ugh i hear all of yall. my graduation is in 2 weeks. and the cap and gown i got is horrible.. the stupid collar thing is not even the same size on the both ends. and they give u crappy tape to hold it on, which does not work. so u have to end up sewing it on. and they dont even give u freaking directions on how to sew it on.. i think after i paid $55 for my cap and gown, they should have atleast sewed the collars on for us. (by the way i think my mom sewed mine on wrong) and it takes them forever to send your stuff that u ordered. and they expect the money right then or ur screwed!!! i hate this company, and im glad i wont have to see them no more after i graduate!

• Ry
      20th of May, 2009

I HATE BALFOUR NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ORDER ANY THING FROM THEM I ORDER A $400.00 CLASS RING FOR MY SONS GRADUATION FOR A SUPRISE AND HE IS STILL WAITING I ORDER THE CLASS RING IN APRIL (APRIL 10, 2009) AND IT IS MAY 19, 2009. WHEN I CALL AND ASKED WHAT HAPPEND AND WHATS GOING ON THEY SAY MY RECORDS ARENT ON FILE AND THEY NEVER RECEIVED AN ORDER. I FAXED THEM MY BANK STATEMENT SHOWING THAT I WAS BILLED FOR IT AND THEY SAID THEY WILL CALL ME RIGHT BACK, THEY NEVER DID. I HAVE LEFT SEVERAL EMAIL AND PHONE MESSAGES AND I HAVENT GOT A RESPONCE BACK...WHEN WILL I EVER GET TO SUPRISE MY SON?

• Da
      29th of Mar, 2010

balfour is a horable company I am a student at a high school waiting for a ring i ordered in december and the origonal due date for class rings for my school was in febuary 14 and it is now march 29 where they sdaid the rings would be delivered and given to the students to ordered their rings. this shows lack of consideration and a carless attitude. if the company had many to make for other orders but a dead line is an important thing to take into factor and for and student advisor or student consoul wanting to use balfour as tier ring provider i would say no not in a million year till daed line factors come into their minds in conclushion balfour is a horrable ring provider neverchoose this company ever ever ever!!!

• Ka
      14th of Apr, 2010

I am not shocked at all the complaints. I have been forced to spend hundreds of dollars with this company, or my daughter doesn't get to walk the stage without their invitations. The website is useless and the people that you deal with are rude. I guess they don't need to have good customer relations since they are the only ones the schools ever use. I have another daughter graduating in a couple of years and she will not be getting her class ring or jacket( the one I did order for my oldest daughter started falling apart after a couple of months) from Balfour. I will search the ends of the earth if I have to, to purchase the items from someone else. I still have not received my daughters full order and was told that I would be notified when they had them in hand. I was made to sound if I was inconveniencing them by even calling and asking them about when to expect them. Very sad that they don't care about the consumer. I would highly recommend not dealing with Balfour if you do not have to.

• Me
      23rd of Jun, 2010

i ordered my sons invitations they are the worst and cheapest poor quality i have ever seen i will never use them for anything the other co signature a seems to be a whole lot better quality but its too late dont have time to reorder please people learn from my mistake dont get ripped off with Balfour they are the worst...

• Pc
      8th of Nov, 2010

Balfour is a company that should not be in the graduation supply business. graduation orders are to important to students. It is very disappointing not to recieve your order on time. I placed an order for my graudation invitations and did not recieved them on time because the representive put in the wrong information. I went over the information 3 times and had the young man to repeat the information. He still processed the information wrong. I have called several time concerning my order and it has not been resolve. I will have to graduate in December and just tell people by word of mouth. I think it is very sad that Balfour has so many unprofessional employees. There is no excuse for this type of poor service.

• Fr
      13th of Dec, 2010

A friend purchased a graduation ring.The ring needed to be repaired. It was sent to the company.It was received as evidenced by the postal receipt.Balfour said the box was empty upon arrival.The response was they get "so many parcels arrive that anything could have happened." Having read the other complaints, it definitely disrespect being shown to the general public.Letters to the the agencies who authorize Balfour to "service the citizen " of this state to reconsider the license of Balfour.To end the complaint, the insurance company and the post office refused to positively respond to the after sale customer "service" of during business in Texas.

• 20
      7th of Mar, 2011

OMG! We should all get together and sue Balfour! I had the worse experience when ordering my college ring from the University of South Carolina. I received a 10K ring but paid the price of 14K. I called an requested the refund of over $5o and they said it would take 2 weeks for credit to appear and I was NEVER refunded the money. These people are crooks!! Consumers should unit against companies that mistreat their customers!!

• Ci
      8th of Apr, 2011

Our school in Arnold Missouri recently used Balfour for there graduation announcements. The quality of paper and workmanship that Balfour presented is awful. They used plain 9 x 12 manilla colored paper with matching envelopes instead of using a special texture or linen type paper. The deluxe name tags are real flimsy, not like their advertised sample which is printed on a heavier card stock. Basically, its stuff you can buy in bulk from any Walmart or Sams, probably imported from China. Balfour, provides a disgrace, discredit and dishonor to the many students who deserve to be richly recognized and honored for their 12 years of hard work and major accomplishments. The High school in Imperial Missouri uses Jostens for their graduation needs. For the last 3 years, I have seen the quality and professionalism that goes into their work. They strive to honor each and every graduating student of Seckman High with their quality products. Try Jostens, they are more experienced and better in their field. I will be presenting my complaint to the School Board with hopes that next year Balfour is not used.

• Kg
      27th of Apr, 2011

STAY AWAY FROM BALFOUR!!!
    Just got our daughters graduation invitations. They are CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP, The writing is so small, you need a microscope to read them. They are printed on a cheap vanilla colored piece of paper folded in fours. I called and the rep. told me that that was their most expensive inviatation. I would hate to see the others. They wont refund my money. Im stuck with invitations that are too embarrassing to send to relatives. I also spent 325.66 for the deluxe package and there are no foil lined envelopes. The whole package looks like it came from Walmart. Balfour, you are a sorry excuse for a grad. company...Thanks for disappointing our kids!!!

• Ra
      13th of May, 2011

I just got my sons announcements in & OMG!!! This crap! I could have folding the paper off my printer & still made better ones. Wow I can't send these out!!! I wish I would have seen these reviews before i ordered.

23rd of Jul, 2011

After I received my daughters order I noticed that instead of announcements we received invitations even though the card stated that you must have ticket to be admitted, we were embarassed having to tell everybody we sent the cards to that they were not really invited to her graduation. After contacting her Balfour sales rep. I was told that it wasn't their fault that we were too STUPID to know the difference between the two. Why would we purchase 50 invitations when we only had 10 tickets per student?

• Ka
      12th of Nov, 2011

Just got my grad invitations in the mail and am very disappointed. I would have bought construction paper and let a kindergarten class design my invitations if I would have known they were going to look like this. Horrible quality and definitely not worth the money!!!

9th of Apr, 2012

I ordered my class ring from Balfour. It came 6 weeks later and the order was completely wrong! Wrong stone color SMS they forgot to engrave the scripture inside ( which I paid extra for) I paid $500 for this terrible piece of crap and I forgot to mention the scratch that's on ti right our of the box. I just happened to be in Walmart today and they have the exact same ring for $400 cheaper. Same metal and better quality. I ordered it and will call Balfour tomorrow to see if I can return the screwed up ring and get a refund. I wanted to wear the ring when I walked at graduation but now I can't. I won't have a ring in time.