Bajaj Pulser / VST Bajaj- Very poor service

1 India Review updated:

Respected Sir/Madam,

This is Basavaraj Kanavalli, seeking your kind attention in the matter of the way the servicing is done at VST Bajaj, Mysore.

I gave my bike for service this morning and when I took it back it was in pathetic condition. It is worse than how is was when I gave it to them.

I the break system is not working!!! Why? They have replaced whole bunch of spare parts for the same and the break does not work!!! Why?

They have changed the oil… please ask them to speak truth now!!!

The engine sound usually changes and so will be smoothness in the gear changes once the engine oil is changed. And to my surprise, the sound has not changed and the gears are slipping like hell now!! why??

I am seriously upset with this behavior!! Those guys simply lie.

This is not the first time that this kind of cheating has taken place at VST Bajaj to me. It has happened in almost all the times when I gave my bike for service..

But in earlier times at least the bike would have changed a lot. But this time it’s the height. The bike looking like a 10 yr old bike!!!

We were around 6 guys, all s/w engg, who bought Pulsars with them. And it’s only my bike that has consistently given me the problem, sometimes with speedometer, sometimes with fule indicator and now the gears and the side indicators. What should I do sir? No one takes the responsibility of their work there!!

No one is there to take care of it.

There are two amazing stories narrated to me by the mechanics there, when I asked them for clarity:

Story 1:

The side indicator button was not working. It used get stuck the side it has been moved to. Only by manual pulling it back would solve the problem. When I gave my bike for service, I asked them to rectify it.

They did not do it. In fact they have written like 5 complaints about the bike in the job card, and none of them were fixed. Ok leave that part aside.

When I asked the manager, you know what he said to me??

“Sir, you don’t know, all Bajaj bikes have this issue, after some time the indicator buttons do not work!! I have seen many bikes like this. This is a chronicle disease with all the Bajaj vehicles”.

Do u think it’s true?

Story 2:

My break shoe has been replaced. Believe me it does not brake also now. I had a tough time reaching my home today.

And the reason:

“When a new brake shoe is fit in, this usually happens!! It will take around 3-4 working days to come to normal”.

If this was to be the condition then why the bike had better brakes when it was new one? In the new bikes don’t they have new brake shoes? Or is it that the brake shoe replaced now is not original?

I need an answer to this stupid story.

Of course there are many such stories regarding the speedometer etc etc…I don’t have time and patience to write everything in detail. I would suggest you to just have an impromptu audit inside and check their work place sometimes.

And one more pathetic aspect is that after I took my bike back from the service, the side indicator auto-off is not working. I have to manually switch it off. It was working fine earlier.

I know what these guys they do. They simply don’t do anything, they will only increase the list of spare parts without actually replacing them in the bikes.

If you really care about your customer then please call me back. I am really very very upset this time.

I am feeling like jumping out of the window.

If proper action is not taken this time at least then I will have to report it to the government bodies as well as I will go to the press (my father is a part time journalist).

Also I will publish all the flaws in all the software blogs that I know of.

Yours Upset Customer!

Basavaraj Kanavalli

+91 [protected]

Comments

• Di
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Sir,
    I have face similiar problem last june.I was on routine service with the vedant bajaj, bakultala where i changed my speedo meter cable and supposed to staraighten my leg gaurd.
    1.they bang the leg gaurd that its of no use for leg gaurd it will simply break if it even had a light dash.
    2.the speedometer link came out of the meter that too in high way .i have to tie it with a rope so that i can avial assistance in fixing it .
    I would suggest a register complaint book and telephone number with instant clearification from ur side.
    Thanks
    Dipankar

• Me
      29th of Sep, 2008

Dear Sir's,

I've purchased a Bajaj Pulsar-150 dtsi vehicle on 13th of july 2004.After six months i've been facing a lot of problems in my bike due to the inconvenience of the Bajaj Authorized service centre kannur Kerala.I've been in contact with your company person Mr Sampath.Every time i have to call him before giving the bike for the service because of unwelcoming nature of the authorized service people.My current and old & recurring problem is SHOCKERS which every time gives shocks on replacing puncture tyre.Authorized service center has no other answer other than changing the shockers which are already been changed once.My second complaint is the vehicle gets off on stand by.

I deeply regret to inform you about poor service & unwelcoming nature of the authorized people, Hence request you to to look into matter & take action immediately.

Suggestion:Requesting to change the management.

Looking forward for your immediate action.

Rgds
    Mehul
    +919895268238

Service center people have no sense how to service the vehicle

needs action

• Ra
      10th of Jan, 2010

VST charges minimum 1000 - 1400Rs for one service but not even a single problem gets solved... time to look for other service center... VST sucks and my bike is already sounding like 20 year old.. even though its only 2 years