Baja Resort Advisor / The Falls Condo Development / Real estate investment stolen, people scammed!

1 9605 Scranton Road, Suite 801San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:

If you are unfamiliar with Gabriel Robles, he claims to be a developer of resort projects in Baja California, Mexico. He is also head of ADETUR (Baja Developer's Association) whose mission, ironically, is to promote ethical business dealings in Baja in order to attract foreign investment.

My family and I invested $150,000 in one of his condominium projects in Rosarito, about 30 minutes south of the border crossing in San Diego. To this day, I am owed well in excess of $200,000.

Based on an investment memorandum offering a 30% annual return, my wife and I decided to participate in the project providing much needed capital. We received a promissory note which detailed the transaction with a due date of 4/1/07. We had set aside this money for a large tax bill which was due on 4/15.

April 1st came and went and the note went unpaid. Gabriel Robles said he would not pay me the agreed upon 30% return on my money, even though I was induced to make this investment based on the company's offering memorandum. He claimed the note was usurious (loan sharking) even though it reflected the terms in the offering and was signed by the managing partner. My family and I endured extreme financial hardship and now have and IRS lien against us because he has only paid us $5,000 to date.

I was forced to file a lawsuit and received a judgment for my principal plus interest and damages. However, collecting will be another story. I have since learned that Gabriel Robles fraudulently conveyed company assets into his own personal accounts. It is my understanding that between 10-15 buyers have made down payments totaling over $1M which I fear may never be recovered. If you are one of these buyers, I would suggest you speak with an attorney asap. There is an email link under Gabriel Robles picture if you would like to contact us... we would like to help you bring him to justice in any way possible.

My family and I will continue to fight this legal battle which has only added to our financial hardship. However, I feel an obligation to tell the world who Gabriel Robles is and how he operates in order to prevent others from being victimized. What you have read so far is only the tip of the iceberg. Everything on this site is documented email correspondence or matter of public record. Please browse through the links on the right and see the lawsuits, judgments. and other documents. If you do business in Mexico or know of others, please send them to this site so they can protect themselves against the same fate as

Most sincerely,
KY,
Seattle, WA

Va

Comments

18th of Jan, 2008

MR. KEVIN YOUNG, I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF YOU WERE ABLE TO RECOOPERATE ANY OF YOUR INVESTMENT.
    I AM04257 VERY INTERESTED IN SPEAKING WITH YOU. 619-646-6107 SAN DIEGO OR 011-52-661-6
    13-0812 (MEXICO), AT YOUR CONVENIENCE.

RESPECTFULLY,

J.R. LAHTI

• Al
      24th of Jan, 2008

Kevin, I know you know this now, but it you want to invest in Mexico you need to hire the biggest gun attorney in TJ & let him do the work. Honesty & integrity are non-existent in that country & the only reason its not 3rd world is because its so close to the US. Trust no one!! Don't expect any dinero back & don't pay any more dinero to any Mexican unless its a highly rated attorney, w/ recommendations from good Americans. Don't expect this ### who ripped you off to be held accountable. He'll just pay off someone. The only hope for you is that he ripped off an influencial Mexican,& he may end up face down somewhere. Good luck...

28th of Mar, 2008

I was curious to see how Ventana al Mar was progressing as I used to be indirectly involved with the development project. I am sorry to find this web site instead of a success story, seems as my intuition and body knows best. I resigned from the project as I saw red flags left and right and my personal health was at risk, I got a chance to re-evaluate my life.
    I am sorry that this is your story. I will pray for the situation at hand.
    Much Love to you and your family.
    I believe in miracles. Keep the faith.

• Ke
      8th of Aug, 2008

Issue has been resolved.

24th of Mar, 2009

Unfortunately, this issue, which we all thought was resolved, is anything but resolved. For an accurate story, please see http://www.gringogazettenorth.com/

The devastation and the numbers of people who have been scammed by this man continue to mount. Thanks to the others for their support.

• Ga
      20th of Nov, 2010

Mr. Young received all of his money back, as did other investors in the transaction.

• Ke
      12th of Jan, 2011

This is Kevin Young...its January 11, 2011 and after just reading Mr. Robles's comment above it would be important for any reader to learn that he has once again lied and covered up the crimes he has committed onto investors like myself and real estate buyer customers. He has not paid one dime on the legal claim I had filed and won... and in fact, I had spent over $45k in legal fee's to get through the court system in California and got a judgment against Mr. Robles which he refused to pay and has yet to pay! This man is a complete and utter fraud and I will spend what ever time is necessary to keep the truth in the media and keep good honest people away from this malicious minded dirt bag of a person. The number of people he has stolen or defrauded is numerous. Do not believe one thing that comes out of his mouth or out of his posts. Gabriel Robles is a crook. I lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and years of wasted time chasing his false dreams and hopes. Mr. Robles...you will never escape the wrath of Kevin Young and the others you have so carefully screwed. How pathetic you are Mr. Robles!

• Fu
      12th of Jan, 2011

Kevin is correct. We were involved very closely with this project and witnessed Robles defraud countless others. He exemplifies everything that is corrupt with the Mexican business culture. Despite his claims, we have never seen evidence of a single project completed by Robles. He is a despicable, pathetic broken man with an incredible track record of lies, deceit and fraud.

• 0 Votes

Mr. Gabriel Robles is a crook. He took my relatives money for a down payment when he knew The Falls project was defunct. He pocketed the money. His favorite saying is that people walked away without claiming their money. Really, at least 13 families were devastated by this crook. He would not give them back their money and to compound it - he made himself judgment proof by turning his property over to his wife.
    No Mr. Robles, we DO want our money back - we did not walk away - you robbed us of our money.