Baity's Tire Service - Yadkinville, NC / Bad business practices

Baity's Tire Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 1609
Yadkinville, NC 27055

I had ordered four tires from Baity's on Tuesday August seventh to be delivered to me on Thursday August ninth. The tires were put on my vehicle on Friday August tenth. We paid to have them balanced. They were put on using a bubble balance and did not balance well. They were driven Friday and it was very apparent that they were out of balance. So I took them Saturday August eleventh to Speedway Tire and had them attempt to balance them again. They were put on a spin balance and did not balance, Barry Fowler, owner of Speedway Tire, then told me that the tires were out of round, which simply means that they were not perfectly round. This is why we were unable to balance them, and why we had so much bouncing and vibrating while driving the car. On Monday August thirteenth I called Baity tires and spoke with a secretary who told me that she would have someone call me back. I spoke with a man named Pete who told me that the likelihood of all four tires being out of round were the same as me winning the lottery. He also told me that the man who balanced them probably just wanted me to buy tires from him. I requested that I get four new tires, either of the same quality or better and I would pay the difference. Pete then went on to say that this would not happen because it was not beneficial to them. I would have to buy new tires from somewhere else and then have the tires that I had bought from them at Sun Valley Machine Shop for them to pick up on Thursday August sixteenth and they would refund my money. My husband and I lost the use of our car from Saturday the eleventh thru Wednesday the fifteenth when we were able to get new tires on the vehicle. When the tires were picked up on Thursday by Baitys they refused to take one tire because there was a tear on the tire. We did not cause this tear. It was tore while taking the tire off of the rim. However if the tire had been of good quality to begin with we would not have had to take the tire off hence the tear would not have happened. I believe that I should be reimbursed for this tire if not because of it's substandard quality, then because of the inconvenience that my husband and I were put thru. The tires were not of a quality that they could have been resold to another customer, and it is my belief that this is what Baitys was going to do and is why they would not take the fourth tire back. I would like this matter resolved without having to take any further action. I have been very put out because of this, and believe that Baitys should practice good business ethics and refund the full amount.

Comments

• Da
      14th of Sep, 2007

It sounds to me like you got exactly what you paid for. I am not affiliated with Baity's Tire in any way; however, I worked for a tire store while in college and I know that everyone thinks tire stores are all crooked. Additionally, everyone wants good quality tires but don't want to pay for them. They think tires should be inexpensive but top quality - why is that? Bottom line is you paid a cheap price, you got what you paid for and now you are complaining. I bought 4 tires from Baity's about 3 months ago. I too had a minor issue. I went back to Baity's and they quickly and gladly took care of the problem. The difference? I bought good quality tires and spent a little extra money.

• Wh
      29th of Jun, 2010

David, just because you worked at a tire store does not make you an expert on other tire stores' business practices. I'm getting ready to call Baity's as well over some services that I received from them on Friday. I've always dealt with them and never had a bad experience, but I'm even afraid to drive my car now, which drove just fine before I took it up there. The steering wheel shakes pretty bad when I get up to around 65, when it did not do that before. They also turned the rotors, and now my brakes have a bad grinding sound when I come to a stop. I just got new brake pads a month ago and this griding sound just appeared, so I know it has nothing to do with my brakes.

• Va
      6th of Nov, 2010

Cooper Tire and Rubber co. makes bad tires!

If you don't believe me, just go to www.coopertirelitigation.com which will show you the 27.5 million dollar payout for BAD TIRES!

Baity tires have been in buisness for 60 plus years with seven stores opened at one time.
    I have purchased tires there many times and always got great customer service and great tires.

Don't buy Cooper Tires!

• Ba
      11th of Sep, 2012

just keep comming by we a ways make it righit

• Ba
      11th of Sep, 2012

get in line

12th of Jan, 2016

I worked for bait, s tire service for 23 year, s and they have alway, s went out of their way to make the customer happy if you had a bad experience.it could have happend anywhere..more than likely if they where rude to you or not helpful it, s becouse you where probably rude to them.you cant make everybody happy.now stop grumpen.boohoo..and as for the tire, s you should have noticed a shake that bad when you first left baity, s but you took em and ran em.now you think their soppose to give you new tire price for used tire, s.they defanatly wouldent have lasted 60 years if they tried to run a business like that