Bag Borrow or Steal / terrible company!!!

I sent in my Louis Vuitton mini lin Speedy 30 handbag for refurbishment to bag borrow or steal repair services. Jill Griffiths corresponded with me first by email accepting to clean the bag and then a phone conversation where we agreed on a price of $75 to clean the exterior only. When I received my handbag back on 07/30/2012, the handbag was damaged. The bag is 2 shades lighter in color and the fabric of the bag is extremely faded and patchy. The damage is very evident especially at the zipper line and handles where you can see the obvious color contrast of the original color of the bag and the damaged faded color. The color and texture of the fabric have been completely ruined..

I immediately contacted Jill Griffiths and sent her a picture of the zipper line; she responded that she "thought the bag looked more radiant after it was cleaned"|. She did not address the picture I sent to her.. I emailed her back with more before pictures of the bag and she failed to respond to my email, . I emailed her again stating that if she did not offer any solutions, I request a refund of the $75 I paid to have the bag cleaned and to be compensated $400 for the damage done to my bag;. She responded that "her managers and herself are working on a reasonable solution"'. I waited a week then I emailed her again!. She said that "her managers are still working on a solution and they will get back to me the next day"'. I waited a few more days then I gave her a call. After I spoke to her, and listened to more excuses, she sent me an email refusing to refund me the money I paid to have the bag cleaned or compensate my for the damages done to my bag. The email is filled with lies. She claims that she told me she did not want to work on the bag because of the condition of the bag. This is a blatant lie. She NEVER expressed any concern about the condition of the bag to me in her email accepting the bag for refurbishment. On the phone, we only corresponded regarding pricing. The email does not address the fact that the color of the bag is now 2 shades lighter than its supposed to be.

I called back and asked to speak to Jill Griffiths; I was forwarded to Rebecca, the customer service manager instead. Rebecca admitted that the bag had been damaged. She said that they "followed their routine method of cleaning and the outcome of the bag is as a result of the type of fabric of the bag." She said that "regardless of the outcome of the bag they performed a basic exterior cleaning, which is what I asked them to do, so I cannot be refunded for the service or compensated for the damages". After going around in circles, I told her I was going to file a complaint against them and/or pursue legal action, she offered to refund me the $75 I paid plus tax. I told her this was not good enough as the damaged bag is of no value

T0

Comments

• Do
      11th of Sep, 2012
    Bag Borrow or Steal - THEY STEAL!
    Bag Borrow or Steal
    Washington

DO NOT EVER USE THEM FOR ANYTHING! THEY STEAL FROM CONSUMERS. WE ALL MUST COMPLAIN TOGETHER TO GET THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE! THEIR STAFF HAS NO KNOWLEDGE. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAVE NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ON THE BBB AND I AM SURPRISED THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS. THEY HAVE DESTROYED, DAMAGED, LOST ITEMS. DO NOT USE THEM! PASS ALONG THE WORD! THEIR POSITIVE COMMENTS ARE A BUNCH OF BS THAT THE GIRLS WHO WORK THERE WRITE THEMSELVES.