[Resolved] Badoo.com / fake profile

My details are on badoo and I did not put them there!!! I have never joined this site and I cant log in to delete the fake profile and they are not responding to my mails to get this problem sorted. Surely this is against some sort or law or something! I do not like my details being online like this when I had nothing to do with it. It even states that I was last online on 1st oct and I have not been. These are total lies!!!
Please can someone else help me with this as I am getting more stressed and pi*sed by the minute. I am in a great relationship and I dont need my boyfriend thinking I have joined a site like badoo.
Please someone help. I see I am not the only person this has happened to so can we sue or something?

• Resolution statement

• Badoo Trading Customer Care's Response, Mar 13, 2017

Hi there!

Thank you for alerting us about this.

We are sorry to hear that someone created a fake profile with your details and apologise for any inconvenience caused. We take these situations very seriously and reporting it will allow us to take it down immediately. The most efficient way for us to locate this profile would be to have access to the user ID of the account, which is in the URL link of the profile. Would you mind sending us the URL of the profile or a screenshot of it with as much information as possible (name, age, location, work, education) either here or as a private message on any of our social media channels so that we can take it down as soon as possible?

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Badoo Trading Customer Care's Response, Mar 13, 2017

Hi Ivy!

we just got back to you on the complaint you created, but will copy our response below just in case:

"We're very sorry someone has created an account using your details and are going to do everything we can to take it down as soon as possible. The most efficient way for us to locate this profile would be to have access to the user ID of the account, which is in the URL link of the profile, or with a screenshot of the profile containing as much information as possible (name, age, location, work, education, etc.). If you could send this over either here or as a private message to any of our social media channels (links in our profile description) we would really appreciate it."

We look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

• Iv
      8th of Mar, 2017

Someone stole my photos and created a fake profile on Badoo!!! This fictional girl is half my age and lives in the same city. She is saying to guys she wants to go to a hotel with them. I don't want random guys to walk up to me in my own city (not a big one) thinking I'm this fictional girl who wants to bed anything with a heartbeat. I'm highly disturbed!!

• Ki
      1st of Nov, 2018

Iv spent the past 5wks trying to get a fake profile taken down that has multiple accounts, and it’s still not done and I report them everyday. Iv given badoo all the info they need and I’m just ignored. Tried finding someone above them to report it to but no luck

• Bi
      18th of Feb, 2019

I receive emails constantly from Badoo, I have no interest in their service so I click on the unsubscribe button but it doesn't do anything they continue to send unwanted emails, and in order for me to tell them to stop sending them they ask that I verify the account, verify what? I did not create one in the first place, and they won't stop harassing until I give them personal information and a photo? This needs to be reported. If someone doesn't want your emails, you don't have the right to ask for personal information so as to comply to their wishes. Everyone has the right to privacy and to opt out of that which they do not want! The email in question is [protected]@tutanota.com . Please put an end to this. I'm sick of it.

• Ba
      19th of Feb, 2019

@Biglebowski Thanks for commenting!

I can see that you have switched off your email notifications for your Badoo activity but you didn't unsubscribe from receiving all of our emails. We're sorry if this process seemed confusing.

We've now removed your email address from our mailing list. This should take effect within 48 hours.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch for further assistance.