[Resolved] Badoo Trading / company refusing refund on unauthorised payment

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

On November 6th 2017 I was charged £69.99 for 'lifetime subscription' to premium features (so called 'superpowers') on the 'Badoo' dating app on my phone. This was a payment I did not wilfully authorise, and it was processed either due to fraudulent activity or through touching the phone by accident while logged into the app. I knew nothing about it until I checked my bank account. It is a payment I simply cannot afford as I am currently off work and looking after a family member who is nearing the end of her life. I have cancelled all services on my phone and deleted my account, but the company are refusing to refund the payment.

The company insist that they will not honour their 14 day refund policy in this case. This is in spite of the fact that I have cancelled all services after 1 week of this payment going through and deleted the app from my phone.

Despite the company normally offering a 14 day free trial of this service anyway, they will still not refund the payment.

The desirable resolution for me would be a refund of the £69.99 which was taken from my bank account but I never wilfully agreed to pay.

At the very least, if the company absolutely have to charge me, then I would agree to a maximum of £3.50 which is their price for 1 week's use of their services.

In my initial correspondence, I mentioned taking them to small claims court, but in truth this is something that I really would like to avoid at this time of my life.

Here is a copy of correspondence so far (my apologies for the duplicate messages which went through by accident.)

I would be beyond grateful for any help you can provide, as this is causing so much undue stress at a very vulnerable time of my life.

With thanks,

Mr. M. Frank

(marcfrank12@googlemail.com)

• Resolution statement

• Updated by Marc Frank, Nov 13, 2017

Here is the link to all correspondence with the company to date: (I have heard nothing back from the online support since Friday):

• Badoo Trading Customer Care's Response, Nov 16, 2017

Hi there!

We're very sorry to hear about your experience on Badoo!

We can totally look into this for you. We'll just need you to send us a private message including the email address linked to your profile and we'll investigate it.

You can contact us on Badoo Help: either on Facebook, , or on Twitter, .

We look forward to hearing from you!

Ma
Nov 13, 2017

Comments

25th of Nov, 2017

yes ive also had same experience with badoo, as ive also had 69.99 withdrawn from my account, through no fault off my own this company is notorious far misleading people and wonderd what was the outcome with your appeal.
    ammosley71@yahoo.co.uk. thanks

• Ba
      12th of Jan, 2018

@Andrew Mosley Hi there!

As we mentioned on your complaint post, if you have disputed this service with PayPal, the refund process will now be handled by them. If you would like to check the status of your refund, please contact your card issuer or PayPal directly.

Sadly, the purchase in question is non-refundable. Please contact us should your refund request be denied by PayPal or your card issuer and we will reactivate the service on your profile.

The premium feature has been removed from your profile pending the outcome of the dispute.

Please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

12th of Feb, 2018

Bad is daylight robbery. It's got refund terms that it doesn't honour. It uses fake profiles to bring customers in and rip them off. It's only design is to cheat people and steal money.

• St
      4th of Nov, 2018

I have just had the same from badoo for £119.99 I am unemployed and a full time dad and this thing just activated without any verification code or anything and now I am left with nothing to feed me or my son nor I am able to send him to school as I have nothing and I mean nothing left and hope this gets fended back as I am not leaving it

• St