Backporch / Unauthorized billing

My mom had recently checked my grandmoms bank statement and looked at it and because my grandmom is elderly she didn't check her bank statements. So my mom called the number [protected] today and talked to a person there who said that they have been taking money out both leisure plus and backporch for 8.95 each month since feb 03. THATS 5 YEARS!!! And no one authorized these checks or nothing.

Backporch said they would refund 3 then 6, 9 and finally after arguing with the lady she said 12 months of money could be returned. Then she said if we write to them with all the proof and they would consider refunding the rest. Then she called leisureplus and they said that backporch was a sister company of them and they also have been taking out since feb 03. Also she said because backporch agreed to give us 12 months refund, her computer would only let her give us 1 month refund(BS). Finally she said that she would e-mail the main office and that they would get back to us in 7-10 days about refunding the rest.

Lu

Comments

• As
      14th of Dec, 2007
    Back Porch - Horrible service, racial discrimination!
    Back Porch
    19160 Stone Oak Pkwy
    San Antonio
    Texas
    Phone: (210) 248-9105

I am Indian by origin and was with a group of friends tonight at Back Proch. Initially, we were let in and got drinks. We found some couch seating and with the permission of the waiter, sat down. After about half and hour, the waiter came by and asked us to give up our seats because there were other people (presumably more important) to be seated. Although we gave up our seats to prevent an ugly scene, it was very rude on part of the management to order us (not request) to do that. Specifically, there was no "Reserved" Sign put up on the table nor were we told by the waiter about any reservation policy when we obtained his permission to sit down.

I personally think it is racial discrimination since I am brown-skinned, but do not understand why such ill-treatment would be meted out when I paid the same green dollars for the drinks as anybody else at this place.

I would NOT recommend this place to anyone else. Horrible service.

• Da
      20th of Dec, 2007

I actually know the majority owner, he is of Korean decent and is one of the most generous people I know. He has always been kind and gererous in my experiences with him, and I think that both of his best friends are African American.. I'm sure you can do your research and find this out on Backporch's myspace, his name is greg...

• Co
      5th of Jan, 2009

At Stonebridge Benefit Services nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

25th of Jan, 2009
    Back Porch - Horrible service, racial discrimination!
    None
    Huntingburg
    Indiana

Back Porch has been making withdrawls from my Integra Bank account for no reason. My name is Jamie Blair and I want all of my money returned.

• Wh
      5th of Mar, 2009

Oh bull "consumer affairs". that response is just your little PR pitch. I have sent in a letter to Stonebridge Benefit Services, Inc. AKA AEGON to refund the last 2+ years and $700+ dollars that were not authorized to be taken from my credit card and my credit card company wont do a dispute due to your contract with them. $700+ for less than 3 years on a $3000 limit. I pay 500 a year on my $230, 000 home.

• Yv
      19th of Dec, 2009
    Backporch - unauthorize charges
    backporch
    Texas
    Phone: 18002726611
    backporch.com

I signed up for grocery coupons, and this was a second offer to try for 30days. I soon discovered it was a ripoff; and immediately called and cancelled. It was not untill october, that I discovered that $14.95 was being taken out of my account. This is december and it is still being taken out of my account. HELP!!