BackgammonMasters / Hackers/Security

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I am concerned that this website ask you constantly to gamble with real money when it is so obvious that certain players have hacked into their system or it is their own game masters having a little fun. I am going to start a running list of players I observe who are clearly cheating and anyone who has played Backgammon for any length of time knows how to spot the cheaters. Today it was "Stylegymm" who cubed when she was already at a disadvantage and then managed to roll just the right roll 26 times in a row to win. Yea, that was't obvious.
Of course these players always block chat so you can't say anything as they just sit there and cheat. Clearly I can't help but wonder how many people are being cheated out of their hard earned money on this website or another like it?
I didn't know we could attach photos. I will have to look into that as well!

More BackgammonMasters Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tr
      14th of Jan, 2011

I have become increasingly concerned about the nature of many "wins" against me. Similar situation as above, very often. Lately there seem to be a bunch of new looking accounts with only about 300 points playing the 40-200 point games, doubling immediately, and winning in the most unlikely ways. They always wave blocked chat and bail out after a couple of wins.

• Cr
      14th of Feb, 2012

Yep. Very odd dice rolls coming up. Not with every game. I play some very competitive games where strategy, mine and my openents, is strong and dice balanced. But other games I play strong strategy against weak strategy and get absolutely battered by dice that Gandalf must have had a hand in. Not only spectacular dice for my opponents which would alter any dice probability chart. But my own dice as I sit waiting to get my piece back on the board have been truly barbaric. It totally spoils the enjoyment I have playing online.

• Te
      24th of Mar, 2013

Same with me here. Although some games are very good and competitive, I have noticed an increasing number of games where it's impossible to go against the opponent. It is like the result was given before the start of the game itself. Impossible statistics rolls, many double dice in a sequence sometimes of more than three or four. Anyone who had played in real life and real dice would know that such rolls are very close to impossible. I am more and more convinced that some people have find a way to hack this game, or as someone told above, people from inside having some fun at our cost. And lets be serious, how come some people have almost 1 Million points in a game where the maximum stake is 200??It would be 5.000 wins with NO loses at all. Assuming that a game lasts for about 5 minutes, let's say, it would take around 420 hours, or 17 days doing anything else but winning. C'mon!!

• Al
      17th of Aug, 2017

@Terminator2012 I saw 17 million yesterday.

• Si
      18th of Mar, 2014

I just played a game with some one with an impossibly high score. GRANNYSANNY1
    Signs of a hacked game:
    1) I doubled, and the double was not accepted, nor was it rejected ... it was simply ignored. TWICE.
    2) Right afterwards, they rolled a VERY Lucky series of rolls.
    3) Even with the impossibly high score, the message I got at the end of losing that game was that they had insufficient funds to continue.

28th of Mar, 2014

Programming, helping the weak players win absolutely the wrong strategy. I suggest, you go back and correct your program. You actually lie to players that they have won.where the seasoned players know you can not perfect impossibility into reality winning game. Stop lying to players. Probably this is the reason players like myself don't play real money in your program. Because, your program is a total lie. The weak player must learn through playing and learning events on the backgammon board. You are not doing any favor to weak player.Rather, you keep him inexperienced as long as you loop to win for weak players. Yes, also you send me a virus through your program which I don't appreciate. Ok. It is a good thing to play and experiance learning and knowledge. Your program falsify the outcome of the game and it should not be this way. I personally suggest to you to update this factor of letting weak players win the game. you will not increase membership by doing this favorable moves through your program of backgammon. ya ben zona.

• It
      1st of Apr, 2014

well, like all of the above, I've had enough too. I've talked to the "live"(what a joke) support and they give me the same line... "our platform is working correctly" !! Don't even download the program! ...Unless you enjoy playing a fixed game, then by all means, have at er!!

13th of Apr, 2014

the reason that they let new players win is to make them think they are better players then they are. These players will now think they can make money playing Backgammon and will deposit money. That is when the real truth kicks in and they lose their money. The site keeps the money and never has to pay out. Very good for the site and not good for players at any level.

13th of Apr, 2014

The reason that they let new players win is to make them think they are better players then they are. These players will now think they can make money playing Backgammon and will deposit money. That is when the real truth kicks in and they lose their money. The site keeps the money and never has to pay out. Very good for the site and not good for players at any level.

• Pi
      30th of May, 2014

Is Backgammon Masters down, or do they block players who don't fall for their play for real money scam?

3rd of Jun, 2014

Never play for money on this site. This site controls who will win and takes a rake on every game until they have all the money. You will
    win some and lose some to any level of player until both players lose all their money. Good system for the site. Not good for players.
    Sure would like to hear of anyone that has ever cashed out ahead of the game that is not a pawn of the site.

5th of Jun, 2014

I do not think that players are hacking into the BG sites. I am sure that it is the sites that are controlling the games. They have your money and have no intention of returning any of it to anyone. New players to the game are allowed to win so that they will deposit money thinking they can make money playing BG. Site does not want players who do not play for money, so will not let players that have been playing for a long time for free win. They do not want you on there site.
    I believe that most online BG sites are the same. That would include BGROOM and many others.
    If you like playing fixed games and losing your money then have fun.
    If you are a good BG player and want to play for money then do so on real boards with real dice and real people and not online.

• Sc
      19th of Jul, 2014

I play in BGroom just for amusement and I surely should not play for money.It is unbelieveble what you see there I think more than 50% of player play dirty.Today I lost 22 games in a row.Many times my opponents had 10 or more doubles and was hitting 100% .
    Who can be so stupid to play money in a site like that?

22nd of Aug, 2014

Backgammon Masters...just a scam!!

• Ml
      11th of Sep, 2014

I agree 100%. I am a very experienced player and have been for 40 years. I just completed a stretch where I went 3-26. Even a novice will get around 35-40% win percentage simply from random dice.

4th of Oct, 2014

BackgammonMasters it is a totally untrustworthy site, nobody should play for money in a place like that...absolutely!!!

• He
      8th of Oct, 2014

I play for fun ( whoever tries to get rich online, playing for little money must be stupid ) and have been playing BGMaster for a few month now. Yes sometimes you experienced above mentioned doubles or pauses before a roll and then comes the perfect roll for the opponent but on the whole, this site is very good. There are some really nice players, some are not so nice :))). They have fun tournaments and i think compared to other sites i have played on, they are much better! As for support, there is always help and usually they react fast.

• Al
      15th of Feb, 2019

@hedi47 You work there right?

8th of Oct, 2014

I just played 'wisegirl50'...another CHEATER! BEWARE!

8th of Oct, 2014

Shahrum1048 is also a HUGE CHEATER!

22nd of Oct, 2014

Just a scam!!!

26th of Oct, 2014

Just played 'gorgali'...another CHEATER! No skill...just a cheater!