BabyAge.com / False advertising and business practices!

I bought a crib set from BabyAge.com 2 weeks ago, that was falsely advertised. The name of the set was Cocoa Dots by Trend Lab. The colors in the description are Pool Blue and Chocolate. Much to my surprise when I received the order, it had PINK rectangles all in it. I looked back at there website www.babyage.com and looked at the description and the picture to make sure before I made the call. No where was there anything saying there was pink in the set. So, I called to see if I could exchange or return and I was told very rudely "No", that there policy stated there was a 50 % reshelving fee just for returning it. I told them they needed to make it right since it was not stated on there site, and I am having a boy. I was told that there may have been a discrepancy with my monitor. I told them I looked at it from 4 different computers, and other people looked as well, and no one saw pink. I was basically called a ###, and told they would not do anything about it. I told them I would do all that I could do to WARN people not to buy from them. So, here is your warning. If you buy from them, do not expect to be completely satisfied if for some reason you have a problem. I would buy from someone else. When I went to www.nurserydepot.com it stated there was a pale pink in the material. Baby age told me to go to there site and it was the same. It was not. They falsely advertised someone else's product.

A very angry mother to be!

Comments

• Me
      24th of Mar, 2007

I tried to buy a baby car sit at BabyAge.com. I paid $250.00 dollars for it. Item was NEVER delivered. Each time I called baby age (another pain) they had a new excuse on why delivery was "delayed". After 5 weeks and 4 new delivery dates, I had to cancel the order. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.

• Mi
      14th of Oct, 2007

I am in the process of buying a bike trailer from babyage.com. When I went to step four of their ordering process it said:
    "Babyage is concerned about your safety. In order to maintain the highest level of security and to verify this transaction, please take a moment to respond to the following questions. Your responses will NOT be stored. Thank you for your continued cooperation and patronage.
    What is the last four digits of your social security number? On what year were you born?"

Here is the title of one of their follow on emails to me: "Updation of account at Babyage.com"

Note the grammatical errors and the inappropriate request for information.

1. I'm not giving them the information that they requested.
    2. I'm canceling my order immediately.

I have every reason to believe that they are illegally fishing.

Michael D.D. Madden

• Va
      22nd of Dec, 2007
    BabyAge.com - Account was debited but I did not receive the product
    www.babyage.com

I placed an order with this company on Dec 12th. My account was debited but I did not receive the item OR any notification that I would not receive it. The website guarantees superior customer satisfaction and service and promises to notify customers immediately if an item is not available as promised. I called, left messages, and emailed but received no response. Only when I was able to get through to a customer services rep did I learn I would not be receiving the product.

• Sc
      22nd of Dec, 2007

Dear Jenna:

You will have to contact your credit card company or bank to receive a refund. You will have to state that they took the money, stated to you that product is not available and won't refund you the money. You will have to dispute the item. You should do that ASAP & you should call their support line again to see if you will be able to get the refund.

Pablo.

• Li
      24th of Jan, 2008
    BabyAge.com - Terrible customer service!
    Wilkes Barre
    Pennsylvania
    www.BabyAge.com

On 1/16/08, I purchased a Greenleaf doll house kit for $219.99 on the BabyAge.com website specifically because their web page stated "Usually ships in 1-2 days"... Upon completion of the order through THEIR website, I received an email back from Amazon.com which confirmed the price and arrival date of the kit (between 1/22/08 and 1/24/08). This was my first surprise - that Amazon.com was involved.

Today (1/24/08) I received a second email from Amazon.com advising me the merchant had not confirmed shipping yet and therefore my credit card had not yet been charged; if I had need of further question answered, I should contact the merchant. Again, TODAY is the final day of the shipping time period.

When I called BabyAge.com, Joan told me she would 'escalate this matter to the shipping department'. When I asked what that meant, she repeated herself (and I told her I knew what the definition of escalation is) - whereas she told me I could expect an email from their shipping department within 3 business days. I replied that wasn't good enough and I wished to speak to a supervisor.

Seventeen minutes on hold, John came to the phone and apparently Joan had not enlightened him as to the problem. I advised him I had had people here at the house waiting for this to arrive the past three days because we're in the rainy season here, it's completely made out of thin wood, and would be useless if left on the porch with the dampness. His reply was that regardless of the confirmation and shipping information from Amazon.com, "that doesn't mean nothing unless you've received an email from us".

So much for their relationship with Amazon.com - so what's the point of having one? If I had wanted to go through TWO middlemen, this would have been fine... but that I could have ordered this directly from the manufacturer (a fact I found out only AFTER I had placed this order with BabyAge.com). He responded that this wasn't possible and I informed him it was - to check their website!

After a gazillion "OK, OK, OK's", his resolution was to tell me he would send an email to Greenleaf to find out what the problem was. I asked why he couldn't pick up the phone and call me back - he responded that with an email he would have a 'concrete proof of having made the contact with Greenleaf'. Should I mention he did NOT ask for my phone number and the one he has from Amazon.com was one from 3-4 years ago that's been disconnected and I have asked Amazon.com to change it twice?... So much for 'concrete proof'.

NO where on the BabyAge.com website does it say they sell through Amazon.com, nor does the webpage selling the product say anything BUT shipping in 1-2 days. Furthermore, their website does NOT say no order is considered to be in process of being shipped until they themselves send you an email. I can only assume the Amazon.com email is a useless electronic communication.

After I got off the phone with dear John, I called the manufacturer directly and spoke with Beverly there, who apparently knows the definition of customer service. It seems there is a backlog of production at their factory and they informed all their vendors, including BabyAge.com.

BabyAge.com dropped the ball - not once but several times. This isn't a $7.95 baby t-shirt... it's the granddaddy of the Greenleaf doll house line - and BabyAge.com is doing a very poor representation of Greenleaf's products. I still have not heard back from BabyAge.com and honestly? I doubt that I will. I will call dear John again tomorrow and if he doesn't have something to say other than "OK, OK, OK" (the same response he uses to direct questions), the order will be canceled.

I will be contacting Amazon.com as well to advise them their confirmations and shipment dates are totally useless in regards to this vendor.

• Ab
      16th of Apr, 2008

This company bagyage.com is not interested in customer satisfaction. They are not friendly on the phone. Everything must be done the way they want to do business. "Verification" of orders using SSN and birthyear is very risky and not what my credit card company recommended.
    This must be an unusual customer database if they think this information is needed. I refused to provide my information and they considered me to be uncooperative and then they refused to do business with me. I'm glad my order was canceled BEFORE I experienced more trouble from them.

• Sc
      13th of Aug, 2008

We ordered quilt clips for our daughter's room. The service was laughable. After placing the order, we were informed that it would take 4-6 weeks to process and ship the order. We thought this was an unusually long time for an internet company, but thought we'd wait and see When the order finally did ship, they shipped the wrong item. I had to wait 15 minutes on hold before I could get through to customer service.

They did ship a replacement order, which arrived in 2 days! What's up with that? They can ship a replacement order in 2 days, but it takes 5 weeks for the original order to ship?

I faxed and e-mailed complaints to the company and have received no replies. There are plenty of baby/kids internet retailers out there. I would avoid BabyAge.com like the plague.

• Re
      17th of Sep, 2008

This company is terrible, I ordered a carseat from this company, the carseat was terrible, it had marks all over it, it looked used, it was not wrapped in plastic, just a carseat in a box, I contacted customer serivce, no help there, they had a nasty attitude, they told me for almost a week that they was sending ups to my home to pick up my carseat, never seen ups, I took the carseat to ups myself. This company is terrible, with terrible products and terrrible customer service. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ka
      18th of Dec, 2008
    BabyAge.com - service
    babyage.com
    California

Baby age is horrible, I ordered a bike for my daughter on Nov. 28th. I never received a comfirmation e'mail with a tracking number like they said. It is now Dec. 17th and I still haven't heard a word from them except the 4 times I called them and they said it was being shipped directly from Schwinn and they were behind on their shipments. Well I called Schwinn and they said they were not behind and they had no record of my order. After calling Schwinn again the next day they were able to find it and said they just received it from Babyage and it would be shipped that day. that was two days ago and I still have no contact from Babyage. Their website says that it was shipped but gives no other info. I am so fed up, I hope i get it before Christmas and I hope unlike me people will do some research before ordering from anyone online. Please do not use babyage!!!

• Al
      18th of Mar, 2009

I couldn't agree more with the customer service comments for Babyage.com. I, also, had a terrible experience with them near Christmas time this year. They promised shipment of a bicycle in 3-5 days in November. Four weeks later, and less than a week before Christmas, I still didn't have the product. They blamed late shipment on Mongoose, which was a complete lie. Babyage never forwarded Mongoose their orders for shipment. I canceled the order, bicycle arrived anyway. Babyage gave me only one option... to pay for return shipping. I kept the bicycle and donated it to a fundraiser (we had already ordered and received a replacement from a much more reputable company). Had further problems when we tried to assemble bicycle. Babyage wanted me to sent photos of the damaged parts to forward to Mongoose. I directly called Mongoose (no thanks to Babyage who wouldn't give me a contact #) and had parts in two days no questions asked and no pictures required. Mongoose requested that I call them directly and avoid Babyage run around. They don't want their customers treated like that.

• Je
      18th of May, 2009
    BabyAge.com - Awful Service
    Babyage.com

I am having my first baby and I'm really excited about it. I have a theme set for our nursery which is rainforest animals. My mother and I had been looking everywhere to find the perfect bedding set. After a week of searching we finally decided on the four piece Rainforest Jungle Stripe by Fisher-Price bedding set, and also another item from the same set which was a nice fleece blanket. We spent 140 dollars in all and it said it would take 7 to 10 business days to ship. That meant the latest day it would ship would be May 4th.

Well May 10th we hadn't received anything so I checked my email for the confirmation and tracking number email they should have sent but I never found it. I emailed their customer service and two days later got an email. What I got was an apology that it hadn't shipped and this verbatim - I have asked our purchasing department to look into this for us. They have contacted the shipper of this item, Crown Crafts, and requested an update. Please expect a response within 1-3 business days.

I was confused because I thought that I was the one who contacted the shipper of this item, being that I bought it from BabyAge and not Fisher - Price. It was not an 'out of stock' item that I knew they were going to have to get it from them first and then send it to me, I was under the impression they had them in their own warehouse and would mail one to me. Also I couldn't believe I had to wait another potential three days for a response as to what is going on with my order that should have been in my nursery already!!!

I finally got another email on the 14th saying that the items were shipped and would take 2 to 3 days to arrive. Why would it take 7 to 10 days originally and now only 2 to 3 days even though I paid the same shipping, and it said standard shipping was 2 to 3 days in this email?

I wrote to them and said I was appalled by their service and I would never shop with them again. If it hadn't been for ME contacting THEM about what was going on with THEIR responsibilities with MY purchase I would still have no bedding. They shouldn't have had to wait for me to remind them 'hey, you know that stuff I bought back in late April? Yeah you haven't put in the order to the manufacturer for a product that you were already supposed to have since it was an 'in stock' item and I would really like to have it before the baby is born'.

• Ti
      11th of Aug, 2009

My daughter was expecting her first baby the first week in August and had chosen a Mulberry theme for the nursery. Most items were available from our local Babys R Us, however, the Mulberry theme was being discontinued and there were several items that were no longer available. After searching on the internet for Mulberry themed items, I was very excited to find the Baby Age website. I placed an order on June 27, 2017 and anxiously awaited the arrival of my purchased items so my daughter could finally complete the nursery. Today's date is August 11, 2017, and I have yet to receive my complete order. I have written several e-mails and always get a new ship date, but never receive my order. My last ship date information was for August 9, 2017. I have yet to receive an e-mail with my tracking information. I have learned a very valuable lesson from this encounter with Baby Age. I will always research a company more throughly before ordering and I will NEVER order from Baby Age again. This company has very poor business practices and never follows through on their service agreements! We now have a very happy, healthy baby girl but her nursery is still waiting for a Mulberry lamp.

24th of Dec, 2009

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. Never sent order out that was supposed to arrive before Christmas. How sad!