BABIES R US/CRIB TENT / RETURN

Pasadena, MD, United States Review updated:
2.5
I BOUGHT A 70 DOLLAR CRIB TENT AT BABIES R US BEFORE MY BABY WAS BORN AND TOOK A WHILE TO PUT MY BABY IN HER CRIB.I DECIDED AGAINST USING ONE.I WENT T TAKE IT BACK WITH THE RECEIPT AND WAS RUDELY TOLD I COULDN'T.HOWEVER THE MAN IN FRONT OF ME WAS ALLOWED TO EXCHANGE FORMULA WITH OUT A RECEIPT.I WASN'T ALLOWED EVEN A STORE CREDIT.I NEEDED TO BUY 3 CAR SEATS BUT NOW I WILL GO TO TARGET.I BOUGHT MY CRIB, DRESSER AND REGISTERED THERE.I WAS SO MAD.EVERYTIME I WENT THERE I WAS TREATED BAD.NEW MOTHERS SHOULD BE GIVEN MORE TIME SINCE IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY GETTING OUT WITH AN INFANT.I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN ANOTHER BABIES R US AND WILL TELL ALL MY EXPECTING FRIENDS ABOUT THIS.

Comments

Le
  22nd of Aug, 2009
This is true. Babies R' Us should be more considerate knowing that expecting deliveries may come with complications and make it troublesome for some mothers to get out. Especially since there is a rise in surgeries and lots of hospitalizations so that the mothers are told to not drive or stay in bed. They should extend the returns for new mothers by 3 months AFTER delivery. Especially since many people give gift cards now days and so we the parents purchase the items ourselves. Perhaps when purchasing the item there can be a expecting receipt that works very much the same way as a gift receipt. The expecting receipt would act as a confirmation of the cashier that the purchaser was expecting. Just a suggestion.
Ka
  29th of Oct, 2009
Babies R Us is a racket! I was 8 months pregnant with twins and was treated so poorly by a supervisor who left me standing while waiting for a manager because the supervisor, Shannon, from the Bellevue, WA store, told me over and over what she could NOT do but never told me what she could do. The necessary return was a simple mistake a friend made and presented to me at my shower stating 'the boxes were on your registry' when in fact the gift wasn't on my registry. Instead of the Baby Records books that were on my registry, she purchased the Baby Keepsake boxes from the same character line. I was told I had to have a receipt for an exchange, I was told I had to wait, I was made to feel like I was pulling something over on them. Finally after waiting needlessly somebody randomly walked over and did the exchange without questions. Then when I returned a second time with receipts for merchandise ordered online and shipped to me for the exact same item just in a different color, I was charged an additional15% for the exchange!! I had to pay out of pocket for an exchange! I HATE shopping at Babies R Us and when I am invited to a shower from now on I do everything possible to NOT shop at that store. I looked for hours on their website to make a complaint but never found a place. I am so glad to have found this site.