B Reitman Blacktop / Worst Driveway Ever

Hunington, NY, United States Review updated:

Installed driveway and walkway at my residence and never have I seen such horrible work. I had to throw them off of job before complted and pay him and then pay someone to rip out his work and do it again. Make sure you never use him and just check his record with Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau before using him. He just chenged name of his bussiness from B. Reitman Blacktop to Reitman Blacktop so make sure you check both names. Hundreds of complaints can't be wrong!!!

Comments

• To
      Sep 24, 2010

his work is horrendous.Stay away if youre smart.Many lawsuits.His sealcoat is dyed water too

• Dg
      Oct 05, 2010

We completely disagree with the one listed complaint. We have used B Reitman Blacktop for years and the work is excellent- even referrred to many other satisfied people who have given them repeat business. The sealcoat is thick -not at all thin or water dyed. Any recorded lawsuits over this long period of time had judgements in their favor. We would trust a service in business for over 30 years with many loyal customers who has stood the test of time over their competitors. The negative complaint might well be one of those competitors. Do not hesitate to use B Reitman Blacktop- they are the best servicing the area.

• Be
      Nov 10, 2010

The last comment was probably written by Reitman. The better business bureau has pages and pages of complaints about them. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! They do horrible work, when they finally decide to show up. They ruined my stone walk way getting tar all over it. Trying to get them to clean it up was pointless. Their receptionist screams at you and hangs up on you. Every one I ask now tells me how horrendous they are, I wish I knew that before I used them.

• La
      Dec 13, 2010

They are all of the crappy company in the previous email. They did the same to me, including getting tar on my walkway. They did work which broke the next day and never came back to fix it. They never answer the phone and unfortunately I have to add crooks to the comments as they took my money and nevr finishedthe job. STAY AWAY. THEY AE CROOKS

• Gt
      Feb 14, 2011

I've used Reitman Blacktop this past year and had no issues with them what-so-ever. I can't speak for anyone else but I had a great experience with them.

• Re
      Jun 30, 2011

He is nothing but a common criminal and with the amount of complaints against he should be arrested. Just check out his record with Consumer Affairs in Nassau and Suffolk as well as the Better Business Bureau and that will tell you what kind of business this guy operates. The worst contracter in Nassau and Suffolk County hands down.

•   Oct 18, 2011

I had my driveway sealed. The workers who came out started the work as a big storm approached. Just as they finished it poured and all of the sealent splattered all over my white garage doors and washed down down off my driveway and into the street. !! They came back a few days later to re-seal the driveway and told me that a clean up crew will come out in a few weeks to clean the garage doors.. I have now called them everyweek for the past 4 months. Sometimes I'd speak to the operator and she says that she will give the message to Terry the dispatcher or the owner and Not once did I get a return phone call from either. Most of the time I have to leave a message in the general mailbox, because no one would pick up. They claim to be in business for 25 years? How does a company stay in business for 25 years and can't return a phone call in four months..

• Ac
      Feb 25, 2012

But thousands of satisfied customers over 30 years in business. Bound to be some unhappy customers that can't be pleased or want something but won't pay or expect the impossible. Been a customer for many many years and completely satisfied!!!