Azuma appliance rentals / Customer service

TX, United States Review updated:

I rented a stackable washer and dryer from Azuma a little over six months ago because of a refural from my appartment manager. At first everything thing was ok the unit was not new by any means and it didnt work like it should but i really didnt expect much concidering the amount i was paying. After a few weeks i had a problem with the unit, i had a load of laundy ruined in the dryer by some kind of grease that came from the dryer. I called the service dept and they sent someone out in just a day or so to fix the problem, and after arguing with the service man and the service dept. supervisor on the phone they agreed to replace the unit with one they had on the truck,(very convient). After serveral months of regular use we noticed it was taking more and more cycles to dry ANY amout of cloths, if it was a single item or serveral it would take atleast 3 cycles, so once again i called the service dept. They told me to have the appartment service man clean the wall vent befor to see if it was dirty or clogged, they did and it wasnt. So i called again to have a service man come and service my unit, he came in about 3 days and basicly told my wife she was not using the dryer properly, that she was not useing the correct setting on the dryer for the cycle. Also he REFUSED to clean the dryer vents or any other part because he claimed the unit was working properly according to him.... so i called the service dept again and complained about the service and requested they send another service man out to clean the unit or replace it,. the driver aparently came and knocked on the door (even tho my wife was in the living room) and called in to his dept. and said there was no one home, so they called my wife to see if there was a problem and she told them she was there to tell their guy to come up again, and once again the service man checked the dryer and said it was fine and he was leaving, my wife then told him that I had requested him to clean the unit or replace it, he then said that he was going to leave and send someone else because he did not have the right tools to clean or service the unit, so once again my wife called me and i told her to tell the guy to jsut replace the unit, the service man then told my wife he was going to remove the unit and bring up another unit to replace it, he then took our unit, went down stairs and left, without closeing our door to the apt or telling my wife if and when he would be back so i called the service dept again and said i wanted to speak to a supervisor and the guy that answered the phone said she was out of the office that i could leave her a voice mail, and after explaining to him about what had happend i left a message for the supervisor to call me back asap. I never heard from them again. Do not use this company for any thing they do not care about their customers.

Comments

Le
  27th of Jun, 2009
I strongly agree, Azuma has the worst machines. Not only do they NOT work properly, but they are dirty!! I rented a washer and a dryer and it was just disgusting. It had hair all over on the washer, and it was rusty. I mean, I rented this machine to get my clothes cleaned?? Hello!? I felt like my clothese were going to be dirty once I put it in that disgusting washer. I called Azuma to ask them to either clean it or replace it for another machine. But they refused for a machine change and instead told me that the only thing they can do was to wipe it with clorox wipes. OR, they can give me a $10 credit for cleaning it by myself. These guys are a joke. I do not know how they can do business like this? They completely do not care about customer satisfaction.
Fi
  4th of Aug, 2010
Azuma has dirty washer and dryers, they don't come with dryer vents and then they lie about there promotions. I was referred by my apt. manager and there was a special for that when i called they tried to charge me with everyting but what the special was offering for new tenants. Afer talking to my apt. manager she had to call them and tell them that she could not promote there products with her tenants if they couldn't fullfil there agreements on there specials and promotions. I would never rent from them again because there customer service agents are all horrible. Azuma sucks...