AZ BAKU BUYSOFTHERE.CO / computer scam

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Sunday, Dec 12, sitting at my computer checking emails and surfing the web when I received this large message on my desktop indicating that my computer was going to crash, that my securities tools were encryted and that there were over 38 files infected with a virus. Of course this great company, "AZ BAKU BUYSOFTHERE.CO " which you don't know their name, indicates that by purchsing this security / virus scan software, my issues with my computer will be resolved for a fee of $59.95 for 1 year. I dwelled on this for several hours while at the same time, my computer kept acting up with the virus message and how my computer was going to crash. Even though I shut it down several times. Message kept erroding every web site / email that I went to, as well as my desktop. Key factor here is the need for my credit card information.
I checked with my credit union and sure enough, I was charged the $59.59 + currency fee transaction (which means this is from overseas). Now I have to close out my credit card because they got my number and security number as well. And how the heck did they get access to my computer? I really hate that...so be warned!

Comments

• Zi
      17th of Dec, 2010

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

how do we fix this???

17th of Dec, 2010

call 18004105693 and get your moneyback!!!

• Ge
      29th of Dec, 2010

did you get your money back? I did - I also created a group to deal with this abuse > MasterCard complicit in online fraud- use of malicious software to extort payments from innocent victims; possible class action lawsuit. Come together !

29th of Dec, 2010

Yes I got my money back! But they gave me the money back the first time, then the next day, they took out more, and a week later finally gave it back!

• Di
      4th of Jan, 2011

My VISA will reimburse me only half the cost. How does one get a full refund?