[Resolved] Aynur Arife Yorulmaz / Been cheated by Private Immigration Service in Qubec

dreamland building 750 4th floor no 51 6th october cairo, Egypt Review updated:
Phone: +20238900214

Dear Sir Madam
A month ago I decided to stop lingering my plan on immigration to Canada and checked internet if i am still eligible.
On many sites inclusive Canada Government Immigration site I was reported that I am not eligible till i run assessment on " www.immigration.ca" site assessment test . I was given result as I was "ELIGIBLE" and would hear detailed assessment from them in 2 days.It Happened I got below mail on April 1st
Following this mail I was told to proceed with payment and will get further details which I did and paid via internet 1st installment of $2950
Than rcvd mails asking me all paperwork that I have to fill.I did prepare all form entries, meantime got some of my documents -University Diploma, National ID card myself and my two kids/dependents/my divorce certificate all translated
My last 10 years of 2 company letters about my employment, revised CV all send on April 10, 2013
After a week I asked when to expect file to complete signatures, photos and translated documents to start the process I was given an e mail that Government announced Occupations on Skilled worker as of April 18 and I am not eligible so only was is to find a job and they will assist me.
I am also sending below this mail rcvd on April 22 for yr easy ref.
All communication is recorded and available with me.
My understanding form all waht I experienced last 3 weeks that the said set up "www.immigration.ca" is:
*temting people on their web page assesment site,
*promissing the success,
*pulling up sizable 1st payment
*Keeping candidate busy with paperwork
*than claiming that based on latest government announcements the case no longer strong but they will assist for 18 months based on client own work reaching a point that they can get involved
I am sending this mail TO ENSURE NOT FURTHER PEOPLE AROUND WORLD would be emotionaly and fiancially damaged by them.
When I asked them to return the payment I made They claim they stated that I would be eligiable as per CPRP with arranging employement.
AS I SAID ABOVE all communication records with me AND I REALLY WANT TO STOP SUCH ACTIONS for Other people around the world.
Pls see below the April 1st and April 22nd dated mails fropm this company and pls revert on my mail addresses"
[protected]@gizaspin.com
[protected]@gmail.com
for what needs to be done from my end to stop this and refund my money
Sincerely/Aynur Arife Yorulmaz-Turkish Nationality working in Egypt-

++++++++"QUOTE++++++++++April 1st dated MAIL
Thank you for submitting your Immigration Assessment Questionnaire on the Canadian Citizenship & Immigration Resource Center (CCIRC) website www.immigration.ca.

I have carefully reviewed the information you provided and I note that you have impressive work experience and educational background. On the basis of these and other factors, you are eligible to apply for our Canada Priority Residence Program. Our assessment of your qualifications is based on our review and analysis of the Government of Canada’s regulations published in the Canada Gazette on December 19, 2012 and the accompanying Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement. Our opinion is also based on my 24 years of knowledge and experience as a senior immigration lawyer in Canada.

Under the new program, we anticipate the government will limit the numbers of new applications submitted in 2013. Therefore only motivated applicants, who submit a properly prepared and program compliant application when the new program becomes operational, will have the best chances for success.

You may also be interested to know that in addition to being one of Canada’s foremost Immigration Lawyers, I am the Managing Partner of one of the largest and fastest growing professional staffing and recruitment enterprises in North America known as Global Recruiters Network: www.grnmontreal.com. As a service to our immigration clients, we will leverage the Global Recruiters Network to assist you to begin your employment search in Canada by providing you with a comprehensive data base of Canadian Employers in your field, for your immediate use. We will also assist you under a passive employment search to identify potential employers in Canada, at no additional charge.

As the managing partner of one of Canada’s largest Immigration Law Firms, I am pleased to offer you our assistance to apply for Canadian Residence. You can find information about our program and retain my services under our convenient instalment payment plan:

Regular Payment Plan (4 payments): https://www.immigration.ca/opti-cprp-skilled.asp

The current Canadian Immigration Process is employer driven and highly complex. I would be pleased to provide you with my personal assistance and our invaluable insight by representing you through this project. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [protected]@immigration.ca or +[protected].

I look forward to working with you towards your immigration project to Canada.

--------------------------------
COLIN R. SINGER, Attorney
Certified Human Resources Professional

Canadian Citizenship & Immigration
Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc.
515-4999 Ste-Catherine St. West

Web: http://www.grnmontreal.com
UNQUOTE++++++++

QUOTE++++++ APRIL 22nd Dated mail
Dear Aynur Arife,

My name is Colin Singer, Immigration Lawyer and Managing Partner ofwww.immigration.ca. We currently represent your interests regarding your project to Canada.
On April 18, 2013 the Government of Canada announced plans that affect applicants’ eligibility for the new Federal Skilled Worker program. Included in these plans is a list of 24 eligible occupations. Based on the details given in your initial assessment with our office, your experience does not fall within one of these occupations. As you do not have the required work experience, your only option at present is to pursue an offer of employment from a Canadian company with the help of our self directed employment search.
In order to qualify without a job offer, an applicant must have at least one year of work experience in one of the below occupations.
Please review the below list and confirm with our office as soon as possible whether you or your spouse have at least 1 year of work experience in a below occupation in the last 10 years:
• 0211 Engineering managers
• 2143 Mining engineers
• 2144 Geological engineers
• 2145 Petroleum engineers
• 2146 Aerospace engineers
• 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
• 2154 Land surveyors
• 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
• 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
• 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
• 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
• 3142 Physiotherapists
• 3143 Occupational Therapists
• 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
• 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
• 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
• 3215 Medical radiation technologists
• 3216 Medical sonographers
• 3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (not elsewhere classified)
If as we believe you do not possess the required experience to meet the new rules, our pending mandate remains open for 18 months from the signing of our contract. We will keep all your immigration documents on file for this period and advise you of any developments that might have a positive effect on your eligibility to submit an application under one of many federal and provincial programs.
Yours sincerely,
Colin Singer

COLIN R. SINGER, Attorney
Certified Human Resources Professional
Canadian Citizenship & Immigration
Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc.
510-4999 Ste-Catherine St. West Montreal, Canada H3Z 1T3
Tel: [protected] Fax: [protected] Email: [protected]@immigration.ca
UNQUOTE+++++++

• Resolution statement

I have been given a letter by lawyer of CSinger that they will sue me for CANADA DOLLAR 125.000 if i do not pull my complaint back since they blv it is damaging his reputation and incorrect submits of data Despite not agreeing to this do not want to deal with such personality I will seek help from Canadian consulate with all supporting communication in my hand

Ay
Apr 25, 2013

Comments

• Vi
      May 20, 2013

I had the same experience with this lawyer recently.

• Ho
      Sep 05, 2013

For me too

• Be
      Sep 05, 2013

The Canadian Government DID change their eligibility requirements on April 18 2013. This information can be found in a News Release on the Citizenship and Immigration website for the Canadian Government:

They weren't making anything up. At the time you applied, you met the criteria and they never once stated you would be granted residency. They said you were "you are eligible to apply for our Canada Priority Residence Program"

They weren't just keeping you busy with paperwork. If you want to immigrate, you require documentation to prove eligibility. This includes all of the documents you mentioned. This is standard practice when dealing with governments. They weren't trying to slow down the process. They were being thorough.

The Government then changed the rules, and this company got back to you very shortly afterwards. (4 days it seems) That says they are on the ball and paying attention. They have also told you, if you can get the relevant experience within the next 18 months, they will continue to process your forms and they will keep you apprised of any changes to eligibility requirements.

That sounds like a good thing.

Don't blame the company because the laws changed. They didn't have any say in the matter.

• Ir
      Apr 07, 2014

Dear Bellamie,
    If you go through the email in his first email he said u are eligible for immigration and send the money for doing so but in the first email he did not mention that u need these document for immigration and it will take time. If u are a real not cheater agent then u have to tell in front that v need these documents and after receiving those v will tell u that ur eligible or not. Its seem weird that in front u said yah yah ur are 100% good for immigration but when u got money u said its too late. Its mean the company is not good there are cheaters...

May 18, 2014

what will i do, i just had my contract signed, and i started to worry and doubt that's why i flew to this web and read more. i finish my first payment, what will i do? my sister in the states literally choose them because of referral but now i am starting to fear the money will just go waste. they only ask my resume, front page of my passport, ask if my employment was taxable. now they are asking for payment. as i understand from the contract, i am oblige to pay them when the papers is ready to be launched and be sent to the govt authorities. i don't have even any documents properly stamped or notarized and my papers aren't ready at all for launching yet here they come asking for next payment.. I AM NOW FREAKING OUT. pls send me a message to [protected]@yahoo.com pls someone with a good heart gave some advice

May 23, 2014

I used the services of immigration.ca and Attorney Colin Singer. I found them after doing my research. They helped me find an excellent job & obtained my work permit and dealt with all the licensing issues as a licensed nurse here in Ontario. I was also approved for PR. I can definitely confirm to you that they are very professional and highly reliable.

During my research I too found a few negative comments. But after reading and contacting many references they provided and speaking to their them by phone it was clear to me that there some crazy people out there. Negative comments are not always reliable. Some people don't post the truth.

Anthony Miclat

Jun 02, 2014

I must admit that I posted my first message too quickly after reading some comments posted around the web. But Its my sister who choose them because of referral and they trust them as they say, they got a good friend who had settled there in Canada after hiring their services. Well, I hope. Keep fingers crossed. I'm now on paper works ;(
    While I was trying to remove my initial posting, I just can't find a solution how. If anyone can assist me, that would be much appreciated!

• Sh
      Jun 30, 2014

Hi mixijoy

did u get any update result fm Mr.colins after processing all paper's .May I know total how much they wanted fm u to proceed canadian visa cause I also got a mail fm him that i am eligible so now I am also worried after read all of this mail & feel confused they are really reliable or not or they just cheat for earning money . :(

• Ad
      Sep 17, 2014

Hi,
    I do not know whether the supporting comments which are there upside are from someone who work for them or are from someone who has actually hired their services. However, I have received an email from immgration.ca regarding the same asking for a total payment of USD 3250.
    I am not sure whether I should go ahead or not with the procedure.

Thanks& Regards,
    Aditya

May 31, 2017

@Aditya PR Aditya, Do you mind giving me your e-mail id? I want to talk to you on Canada immigration.

• Vj
      Mar 04, 2018

@Monika Tanwar vjn.[protected]@gmail.com
    Monika i wish to speak with you Vijay

• Ru
      Jun 19, 2018

@Monika Tanwar Hi Monika,

Please assist me in any regard, I am about to engage the services of Colin Singer but the negative comments are a source of worry for me. Is he reliable or is he a con? Is there someone out there who is reliable and reputable who can assist in this regard? Please get in touch with me via choga.[protected]@gmail.com

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincere Regards,

Russ

• Ru
      Sep 18, 2014

This guy requests a lot of money before doing any service. It is a great risk to pay them such a great sum of money before doing any research. I was also reached by them and they keep sending me discounts while I am still thinking if it is worth to trust them. Anyway, it is better to look for no risk/no fee immigration consultants. If anyone knows such consultants in North America, please send their contact to my address [protected]@gmail.com

• Ok
      Sep 25, 2014

I researched Attorney Colin Singer and was satisfied with what I saw. I've just paid the first installment. I also searched Canadian immigration requirements and I can say they've been above board with their communications. I've also been speaking with their office. I have no need to worry for now.

The problem with some applicants is that they don't search the immigration process by themselves. You need to know what it entails while using the services of a lawyer. Of course it requires a lot if documentation. And those documents take time to assemble. It's good to warn others if you feel deceived but the better step to take is report the lawyer to the appropriate quarters in Canada where your case will be investigated and sanctions applied against the representative.

Best Best Advice

Two of my relatives (husband and wife) went through this law firm. When you apply for an evaluation, a salesperson would answer your emails/phone and will appear slightly knowledgeable by quoting facts and recent statistics. This is a ploy to get you to sign a contract and make a payment, after which they disappear for a few months, and when they return, they give you a bunch of forms to fill out and ask for a second payment. Then they will disappear again and after you've submitted your forms they will continue asking for documents. They do this slowly, one document a week etc. to drag your case across a few months. They will misplace documents, ask you to make unnecessary edits to your documents, and will suddenly come up with new requirements, and can even ask you to change your immigration category completely and ask for more fees. If you complain they become aggressive and never admit their mistakes. Their strategy is to get you aggravated so they can send you more bills for superfluous work, and/or they will claim to have been shouted at by you. Colin Singer himself does not get involved until he is losing money and will offer you a carrot and stick game where he threatens to sue you for something unless you agree to continue with his law firm. They will bill you for responding to your emails, they will bill you for the time they spent writing a long email full of threats, they will bill you for letters they mail to you etc. Stay away from these people. If you are outside Canada, there is not much you can do but you can always file a complain with the Quebec Bar Association: http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/public/protection/plainte_comportement/index.html They can be emailed at [protected]@barreau.qc.ca and greffe.[protected]@barreau.qc.ca
    Make sure you include all details of your grievances with this company. I am sure they will be investigated one day.

• Cd
      Oct 02, 2014

very glad to find this board, was researching their history to check if I'm alone, got an ongoing dispute with this company coz they lost my money order to the immigration department, say they never received my money order but I have proof of mailing everything, keeping my file hostage after stealing my money, adviser is never free to take a phone call. no help from anyone. in the beginning promised will help find a job through global recruiters montreal but another scam. fraud company.

• Cd
      Oct 02, 2014

very glad to find this board, was researching history of these ppl to check, they lost my money order to canadian immigration department but I have proof of mailing it, holding my file hostage after stealing my money. promised to get me a job through their global recruiters of montreal company but another scam, no answer to phone calls, nothing. asked many times but they keep repeating that money order is missing. will not return my file.

• Me
      Oct 04, 2014

Adding my own experience here after seeing this thread on a different immigration forum . Was considering this company until the sales woman made fun of my last name on phone. Said it sounded Jewish and "that's funny!". Did not sign their contract. Right decision based on other complaints I'm reading here. Good luck to everyone who paid these crooks.

Oct 05, 2014

cannotpost

Oct 05, 2014

to.everyone.who.is.complaining

• Dr
      Oct 14, 2014

this company was professional and helped me as they said they would.

• Dr
      Oct 14, 2014

this company is professional and helped me as they said they would.

*********
    "I wish to acknowledge to Mr Singer my sincere apology for posting the above statement. I surely acted irrationally and very unprofessionally. It is true they provided me with information on settlement funding. Perhaps I did not ask enough questions before signing. I understand they do
    not provide free service and the contract is clear the legal fees are not refundable if I cancel. I posted the above even though Mr. Singer had arranged to speak with me which he did this week. I am happy to report that

Hi Guys,

we have discussed amicably and resolved the issue and we come to proper solution now

Nk reddy

**********
    accepts my apology."

May 31, 2017

@Nkreddy Could you please share your e-mail id? I want to ask you few questions. Thanks!

HI Every,

I had a discussion with colin singer regarding my issue he was cool and answered well to me and i say appologies for my earlier comment on colin and we discussed everything and resolved the issue .

Nk Reddy

Hello Every One,

I had discussion with Colin Regarding my issue and i'm saying my appologies to him as i used some unprofessional words which i shouldn't use i say my appologies to him which is damaged his credibility we had discussion on this and we came to proper solution as of now they are answered very well so i'm satisfied with that.

Thanks,

• Cu
      Oct 17, 2014

NK Reddy, congrats on talking sense into this crook. He changed his tone after your online post and that alone is a red flag. Honest lawyers always sticks to their guns. A crooked lawyer worries about his business first, and client second. He charged you money, then he thought he will get away with it. But when his business is affected, he tries to become buddies with you. Get everything in writing from him, don't rely on what he says on phone. After you get your money back, email a complaint about him with Quebec Better Business Bureau. You should also email and report your experience with this guy to the email address other people provided earlier. Don't sign anything he asks you to sign!! He will try to trick you. Very notorious lawyer. Everyone online is warning against him.

• Ro
      Oct 17, 2014

Hi Everybody, on my quest for application for Canadian Immigration, a dear friend suggested that I must consider using Mr. Colin Singer professional services as he came highly recommended not only from him but also from others who were already in Canada as permanent residents. And he was so right!!! Before hiring his services, they provided me with many references dating back more than 15 years. I contacted a good sample and had excellent feedback. The process started in May 2012 and by December 2013 we received our visas and landing date. The application process is complicated to study and do on you own, and demanding for a busy professional like myself. With the help of CCIRC, it seemed like a walk in the park; we only had to follow their simple instructions, fill in the appropriate forms, and send the necessary documents. It does take a bit of commitment to prepare the forms and documents; I cannot imagine having to go through all the process as well, without professional help, it would be a nightmare!!!
    I must admit that even though professional services like this come at a cost, with no guarantees (not as much as most people would imagine) I see it as a necessity in order to avoid any mishaps.
    Immigration is not something to take lightheartedly and if you want the best chances for success, you must consider CCIRC and Mr Colin Singer. See it as an investment for a better future for you and your family. Feel free to contact me for further insight, .

• Ca
      Oct 18, 2014

I am presently working as a trade worker in Edmonton Alberta making more than I did in the UK. I owe this entirely to Mr. Singer and his team at immigration.ca. He is very knowledgeable and he got me the results we wanted. The entire process took just under one year. He matched me with my employer and handled the visa process for me and my family. Before hiring his services I also contacted his many references. It was obvious to me from the information I received that the few negative reviews I read were just not credible. Now after reading some of the comments and having gone through the process it is clear the comments here are either written by phantom writers or by a few who maybe changed their mind after they could not meet the requirements like the first writer in this group. I know my contract terms were very clear on our obligations. There were no guarantees of success and no refunds if I canceled. Who ever expects their lawyer should do otherwise does not deserve a top rate lawyer with years of experience like Mr. Singer. I am one of the lucky ones cuz I know it is not easy to immigrate to Canada.

Here is some objective verified evidence about Mr. Singer for all to consider:

He is currently practicing for more than 25 years. He also has a very interesting career as an Entertainment Lawyer:

He is a regular published authority in the immigration industry:

He produced more than 100 audio podcasts this year alone! on many interesting immigration topics:

He produced many interesting videos on Youtube:

His writing on how to hire a lawyer gives good advice:

Happy objective reading.

• Gp
      Oct 18, 2014

I read about this thread in another forum. Out of curiosity I researched this guy Attorney Colin Singer. It appears that he is a very busy man. He seems to have several companies registered in his name under Colin Singer Management Services Inc. One such company, for example is zombieboy.com which has pictures of tattooed girls in skimpy outfits, and rickgenest.com. At the same time I was unable to find any cases he has fought in court or represented anyone. So he might be just a guy with a law degree who hold a bar license.

Whatever may be the reason, if you think this company did not deal with you fairly, you have every right to get your money back. Remember to tell other people before they get scammed.

• Nx
      Oct 18, 2014

Nkreddy is not alone. Singer uses legal bullying to get his victims to remove their online complaints. Check this complain from 2009, it is consistent with warnings others are providing about this lawyer: http://web.archive.org/web/20100830103054/http://complaintsbbb.com/2009/08/20/colin-r-singer/

Oct 19, 2014

Found a really old complaint about this guy:

He has been scamming people for a while.

Hello Guys,

Even i'm not ready to post my apologies but he told that he will proceed legally so i have posted apologies even then he is forcing me to remove my post but i didn't get back my money really i'm in big financial crisis my life is in big trouble now i'm not sure what legal actions he will take on me but i'm ready to take face let it be.

Hi Friends,

I'm not a fake user which the apologies posted above was by me only he insisted me to post apologies and he forced me to post that but i didn't get that amount back i lost all of my amount he told that he will not refund my amount he told that he will make me to lose my job as of now i'm in big financial problem i'm unable to recover from that so becare from him. As of now i'm decided to face any problem when i posted my apologies even he is not satisfied and trying to black mail me that he will do legal action lets see what he can take i got cheated according to that i have to get that amount back if he stops sending mails to me its ok if not i don't leave . If any one of you know how to get back the amount from him please let me know

Thanks friends

• Je
      Oct 21, 2014

NKReddy, Sorry to hear that, but how did u even consider immigration if you were in such bad place financially? You should have planned it better. There are many expenses involved in immigration, including language exams, validations of degrees, proof of funds for some of the programs, degree validation, translation services, etc. If you would have chosen any other lawyer, u would be in the same situation. You cannot hold Colin Singer or anybody else responsible for your decisions, you def. should have done more research, and should have taken a more informed decision before going forward.
    I myself went through immigration process and I can tell you it took me a year to plan..it is not a cheap process, but u did sign a contract with that lawyer and u have to stick to it. Good luck.

• Je
      Oct 21, 2014

NKReddy, sorry to hear that, but how did u even consider immigration if you were in such bad place financially? You should have planned it better, there are many expenses involved in immigration, language exams, validation of degrees, proof of funds for some programs, translation services, etc All the info is out there. If you would have chose any other lawyer, you will be in the same situation. You can`t hold Colin Singer or anybody else responsible for your decisions, you def. should have done more research and should have taken a more informed decision before going forward.
    I myself went through immigration 2 years ago and I can tell you it took me a year to plan it, it is not a chep process, but u did signed a contract with that lawyer and u have to stick to it now. Good luck.

• Ta
      Oct 22, 2014

NKReddy, other people who are praising Colin Singer are actually fake accounts of Colin Singer. He is well known for spamming forums spreading propaganda for marketing his company.

Do this: make two copies of affidavits detailing everything that happened and how Colin Singer defrauded you. Use those affidavits to file a police report in your own country. Then send a copy of the affidavit and the police report to the Government of Canada and Canadian Bar Association.

• Ca
      Oct 22, 2014

NK Reddy, I am amused by your primitive writings. You claim that Mr. Singer even informed you of settlement fund requirements. You hire his services then you claim he is not giving you back your money. It seems to me he was above board with you. You cannot expect any lawyer to work free of charge and it seems he charged you a reasonable fee of $750. My first installment was the same amount. Regardless of your claim your first written message is disgusting. I would support him to take legal action against you. You and other readers should read about Cyber Libel in Canada: http://www.libelandprivacy.com/cyberlibel_home.html#d

To Lawyerfraudreport, mikadosa and others who claim to be doing a service, your messages contain nothing more than reference to hearsay.

To gpmyayko, Im sure you looked hard to find cases in which he has been involved. Unless you are a trained legal professional, your credibility is on the same level as the phantom writers and sewer rats who joined in with you. BTW check out the web site http://www.canadaclassaction.com/ in which you will find his actual legal pleadings with another lawyer in 2013 and 2014 in what seems to be one of the major cases against the Canadian Government.

I welcome anyone who wishes to receive a credible reference to identify yourself and we can arrange to communicate privately.

• Ke
      Oct 23, 2014

I found them reliable and decent. The service obtained from them was professionally handled and I know a number of my friends that also were happy.

• Gp
      Oct 23, 2014

Calcampbell (or Colin whoever you are): we are subscribed to legal resources in our law school. In my opinion you joined the class action lawsuit because a better lawyer (Cohen) than you was to carry the case on his shoulders while you simply wanted to benefit from the attention it attracted. Lets not create more drama?

NK Reddy, any contract you sign with a private business can be disputed. If you feel Singer tricked you with an unethical contract, you have every right to ask for justice. Canadian legal system is honest and efficient. The government is corruption free, they do not tolerate cons destroying Canada's reputation. Don't lose hope and remember to protect yourself by filing your own legal paperwork in advance. If a lawyer did not work for you, you do not have to pay him.

Hello Friends,

I have got some positive response from Colin that he has sent that half of the amount he will refund i'm very happy for that and i'm waiting with the same kind heart he is going to refund the remaining amount if he do like that i'm happy to say apologies and remove my comments . However he has sent a legal notice to me if i won't remove my comments he will take action legally and need to pay fine i don't want any of those thing if he refunds remaining amount i sincerely say my apologies and i will praise him and i will refer him for others .