Ayers Automotive Repairs - Santa Barbara, CA / Horrible, overpriced service!

Ayers Automotive Repairs

My VW Jetta overheated while driving through Santa Barbara and I found a 10% labor discount coupon on the internet for Ayers Automotive. I took my car there not knowing the horrible service and high prices that I would receive. The mechanic and owner Robert took advantage of the situation and charged me exorbitant amounts for unnecessary repairs and services. He replaced everything from the computer temperature sensor to the timing belt without my authorization, when in reality only the water pump, hoses and thermostat needed repair. When I finally picked my car up 4 days later, he handed me a bill for $1300 and made several excuses for why his services are the most expensive in town. When I presented the coupon to him he refused to honor it stating he had already done me a favor. Overall I found him to be rude and disrespectful, stating "well it's a good thing you live in LA" when I expressed my dissatisfaction with his prices and services. As a young female I felt discriminated against and talked down to, when I actually have a decent understanding of mechanics. He is truly a blue collar crook.

N  19th of Nov, 2007 by

Ayers Automotive Repairs - Liars, cheats and thieves!
Ayers Automovite Repairs
220 Anacapa Street
Santa Barbara
Phone: (805) 845-4242

These guys are rotten lying cheats. They are overpriced, offer horrible service and just plain rip people off. Do not go to this place unless you want to totally get ripped off. For sure... They will stick it to you in just about every way you can imagine.
A  19th of Nov, 2007 by
I feel for you as all the other people that Ayers has ripped off over the years. They are layers, cheats and thieves.

They are the worst excuse for a vehicle repair shop. Not to mention their service people are complete idiots.
D  11th of Sep, 2009 by
I disagree with this statement by Jack. I have had my Corolla serviced a couple of different times at Ayers Automotive and know that I have a reliable car back every time! I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Ayers for my next service and recommend them to others for good, reliable work done right!
A  29th of Sep, 2009 by
You are warned! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO AYERS REPAIRS...these guys are crooks and incompetent I took my VW in for minor repairs and charged me $680 for what the VW dealer charges $285 using all German Factory replacement parts. On top of this they only fixed the problem partly. Took it back under warranty, they tell me additional work was now needed and since it was already apart, we can fix it and only charge for the new part and charge me another $480. I called the dealer and they said the part Brand new from Germany was $130.00 It turns out this new part should have been included in the original work and is standard practice when fixing this problem. I called Ayers back and came unglued. Then they started back tracking and refused to make the situation right! Read the other Reviews, they are all the same. These guys need to go out of business and stop ripping people off! There are plenty of good honest shops in town and Ayers is not one of them!