Axis Wellness / Fraudulent billing

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This is a scam associated with Ivory Brites. Do not deal with either company.
They offer free trial but it results in multiple immediate billings to your credit card.

Comments

• Le
      19th of May, 2009

I also have been scammed out of nearly $100 between Axis Wellness a.k.a. Ivory Brites and Bright Teeth. They offer a "free trial" and despite cancelling within the trial period, they now have your account information.

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS VERY CAREFULLY, BECAUSE YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OUT OF!!!

20th of May, 2009

I ordered a free kit With Ivory Brites and paid the appropriate shipping charges. I was later billed an additional fee 88.97 in addition to a charge from Axis Wellness for 9.99.

• Ve
      22nd of May, 2009

yes, this happened to me, I got reeled in with the trial for ivory whites and ended up with an extra charge for this Axis Wellness portal...when you go to axiswellnessportal.com there is a phone number there where you call and they will tell you that you were signed up when you started the trial for ivory whites, I just told then I was not made aware of this, and they gave me a full refund.

hope this helped.

26th of May, 2009

I ordered a free sample of tooth whitener from Ivory Brites and from Max White Teeth. I now have almost $200 in extra charges on my account from this. $88.97 from Ivory Brites, $9.99 from Axis Wellness and $79.93 from Max White Teeth.

I called my bank and I have to wait until they clear my account to dispute the charges. In the mean time, I will be trying to call the companies to cancel the charges. However, I waited on the phone for over 10 minutes with Ivory Brites.

26th of May, 2009

i also am going through the same thing right now. i unfortunately was unaware of the 14 day periods and did not recieve my product till a week later and was charged during the time for the trial period. saying that when u sign up for the trial ur trial time starts right then and there. i explained that how could that be when i havent even recieved the product...DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT...

• Co
      27th of May, 2009

I have had the same thing happen, only to be told by max white that their "small print" states that you must tell them if you did not receive product within 2 days of order, and you only have 14 days from then to cancel the automatic shipment. However, I do not remember any of this on scanning the information on the website, and they would not cancel the automatic shipment or the payment coming out of the bank. I am not receiving anymore of their product, but I did get stuck with the big price for what I thought would be just a sample. I am very disgusted at the practices of these companies and believe that they do it this way with the intention that a person will not realize the implications, and are stuck paying the price. On top of that, the customer service rep was quite terse and almost rude when I discussed it on the phone. I have yet to deal with the ivory brites side and the axis wellness portal fee as well, but am not impressed and feel that I have been cheated. These are expenditures a lot of us cannot afford at this point in time, but these companies feel free to exploit us anyhow. Is there any recourse to these actions?

28th of May, 2009
    Axis Wellness - Fradualent charges
    Jayme Riggs
    Fountain
    Michigan

I recently ordered a free trial of Ivory brites and cancelled my subscription. In reviewing my bank statement I noticed a charge of 9.99 for axiswellness. I never signed up for anything other than ivory brites and have incurred fradualent charges on my account. There was not anything stated in the agreement for ivory brites anything that pertained to axis wellness. It only stated that there would be recurring charges for ivorybrites if you did not cancel.

I am demanding a refund for charges that I never autorized. I am guessing that from the looks of your complaint page that I am not the only one who was scammed.

If I do not receive a refund soon I will report this business to the better business bureau as well as filing fradualent charges at my bank, which I also happen to work at.

2nd of Jun, 2009

Axis Wellness Portal took money from my checking account after I purchased Ivory Bites. I read the disclaimer and nothing was mentioned about this company. I did call Ivory Bites to cancell my purchase and that was easy enough. I was unaware of the information being given to Axis Wellness Portall untill I balbanced my checking account 10 days later. I called Ivory Brites and they denied that I ever cancelled then referred me to the support e-mail address of support@axiswellnessportall.com. That came back to me with a response that stated they would be contacting me within 48 hours. At this point I have yet to be contacted and it has been twice that long! I do not have a phone # or address to contact a rep. for this company. If any one has it please e-mail me at annemariegilmor@yahoo.com
    thanks,
    anne

• Di
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I am SOOOO GLAD I found this website. Ivory Whites $88.97, Max Brights $78.93 charged twice, Axis Wellness $9.99and also Celebrity Smile $39.95 all did the same thing to me. I lost about $300.00 due to these scams. Some said the would refund my money and others said they would not. The ones that said they would, did not refund my money but also charged me again. I found a comment from someone that said you can contact your bank or the company you have your credit card through and dispute the UNAUTHORIZED charges. Some banks will also refund the money and hassel the scam artists them selves. Mine did so hopefully in a few days I will see my bank account back to what it should be. So I would GREATLY recommend contacting your card company and telling them the situation. Maybe if they get enough complaint the can put a stop to these scamming companies and stop this robbery and HUGE inconveinince. I will keep you posted if on if I truley receive the refunds or if its just another broken promise.

• Ju
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I just saw the charges on my bank account as well. I called and said that I had not authorized any of those charges. This is my second time "cancelling" my supossed account with these people so continue to watch for charges and alert your bank/credit card about charges from Axis Wellness Portal.

• Di
      2nd of Jun, 2009

WOW that was fast! I posted a comment earlier today about disputing unauthorized charges from Ivory Brites, Max White and Celebrity Smile. I talked to my bank and told them I did NOT authorize those transactions and they already put the money back into my account and are disputing with the SCAM ARTISTS themselves so I don't even have to deal with them anymore. They also blocked them from being able to charge my card anymore. HALLELUAH!!! Ha Ha Scamming Suckers lets see how they like that!

• Pi
      4th of Jun, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I purchased the samples of ivorybrites and max white in early may and about a week and a half later saw the 88.97 additional charge from ivorybrites and a random 9.99 charge from axis/access wellness. AW refused to refund me the 9.99, but claimed to take me off the billing for additional fees. IB claimed they removed the charge...we'll see in a few days. DO NOT BUY INTO THE FREE SAMPLES FROME EITHER COMPANY!!!

• Ke
      5th of Jun, 2009
    Axis Wellness - unauthorized charges on credit card
    Axis Wellness
    West Palm Beach
    Florida

I recently noticed a charge of $9.99 on my credit card statement, which I never authorized. When I researched the charge I was informed that it was linked somehow from a trial offer i had with a teeth whitening product. This is bogus and should be illegal...

• Lo
      5th of Jun, 2009

I also am the victim of this fraud promotion, we should all report to the Public Prosecutor's office, it has to be stopped.

6th of Jun, 2009

what is the contact number for this Axis wellness portal. I cancelled the ivory brites during the trial period. However, I just noticed a 9.99 charge for this axis wellness. I did not sign up for this and need to cancel this ASAP.

charlene

• Le
      11th of Jun, 2009

Add me to that list of those being scammed. It took 10 days to receive the product which I haven't even tried yet and was already billed for the next shipment. I was lucky enough to catch the charges on my bank statement which posted yesterday and called to cancel the order today. It is unbelievable that in order to get your money back you have to send an email to their billing department versus the person who answers their 800 number. If I don't receive my refund within the next week, I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as with my State's Attorney's office. These people need to be put out of business.

• Wa
      14th of Jun, 2009
    Axis Wellness - Unauthorized use of my Visa card
    Nanjemoy
    Maryland
    Phone: 301 246-4832

I ordered (and received) the free trial teeth whitening material. Then I was very surprised that Axis Wellness had taken $9.99 from my account (without my permission). I did not order anything else, and I want my 9.99 replaced into my account right away. Also, I want nothing more shipped to my mailing address.

Wanda Dennison
    wandadennison@verizon.net
    3800 Baptist Church Rd
    Nanjemoy, MD 20662

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2009

I have been scammed too! I went to my bank and had the charges reversed. I called both dental companies to CLOSE my account which they agreed. Now, 60 days later, they are still charging my account! I have to go back to the bank again and may have to close my account! UGH! What a scam!
    Michelle

• Je
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I just rec'd my bank statement containg $104.95 unauthorized charges by Axis Wellness and Whitening Brites. On 5/22/09 I
    did authorize a $5.99 charge for a "free trial" as advertised on Good
    Morning America. I think Whitening Brites and Axis Wellness
    are related companies. I just sent them an e-mail re crediting my
    bank account with these unauthorized charges plus a $35.00 over
    draft charge one of the charges incurred. I rec'd notice that
    neither e-mails were deliverable to the following addresses:

www.support@axiswellness.com
    www.support@whiteningbrites.com

On Axis Wellness website ...this is their contact address.

I am going to inform the Attorney General offices in California where
    they are doing business, here in New Mexico where I live, and any
    other state they seem to be doing business in. I am out $139.95!!!
    And will also notify my bank to not honor any charges from these
    two companies. I should have used PayPal!!! Joyce

• 4r
      24th of Jun, 2009

I too was scammed by these people and they have the rudest "support staff". Maybe not as rude as I can go and went. haha I'm still out $100 but I got about $10 worth of screaming at them out of my system. So I'm gonna call them a few more times just to yell at the staff. Nothing like company morale to mess with a fraudulant system. Ask their name and mention them specifically in your BBB compliant, The number is 1-888-279-0604 0r 1-888-989-2686. I told Sarah that she should look for another job, and how could she sleep at night and maybe I should get a job like hers since I didnt have one now! I asked for her last name and email address because she asked for mine. And was quite rude to her when she refused to give it. I told since I have no job and am out $100 I have time to call her. Aggravate them seems only fair since what they have cost me!
    Seriously, Report this to your BBB they like mine probably have this on file already. The BBB told me to change my account number because even after you finally get it cancelled they sell your account info to other companies and they have had complaint s of more charges. So a rehaul of your paypal account! grrrrr
    i think I'll call again!!