Axis Bank Credit Card / joining fee & annual charges

1 India Review updated:

I had applied for a credit card from Axis Bank. The card was issued to me with the assurance that no joining fee and/or annual charges will be charged from me.
I made a transaction of approx. Rs. Three hundred( Rs. 300/-). But when I recieved my first statement I was surprised to discover that a sum of Rs. One thousand and Five hundred (Rs. 1500/-) was charged from me as the annual charges and joining fee. In spite of frequent telephonic complaints, the same was not waived off. Instead, late payment charges and interest has been applied. Now, my statement reflects an amount of Rs.two thousand four hundred sixty four and fifty six paise( Rs. 2464.56).
I request the concerned authorities to kindly take immidiate and proper steps to look into the matter.

Name:- Er. Pramod Kumar Tiwari
Credit Card No.:- [protected]
Valid thru: 10/10

Comments

• Na
      28th of Feb, 2008

Axis bank credit cards repesentatives comes to our company and told us that axis bank credit cards are
    life time free cards and no charges on any petrol pump and balance transfer for six months at no charges but when I recieved the credit card and surprised after reading term and conditions that no any was matching as the representative of Axis bank had said at the time of form filling.On contacting customer care answer was that your card has joining fee of 400.00 and 2.5% sercharge on petrol. There is no transparerancy while making credit cards that repsentative says something banks replies different.So I request Bank authorities not to cheat customers by lyeing by their representatives.

• Bi
      9th of May, 2008

Axis bank credit cards representatives comes to me and told that axis bank credit cards are life time free, No joining free(gold cards).But i recieved gold plus card, ( actually no made any transaction) but when i recieved frist statement i was surprised because amount is 1500+taxs (annual charges and joing fee) in spite of freqent telephone compliants anybody can"t responding this time also, late payment charges and interest has been applied, my statement reflect amonnt of Rs 2247.2(due date 10-05-08)so kindly change my card or kindly take proper steps BIJU.P CREDIT CARD NO :4718610100612630 VALID THRU:1/11

22nd of Feb, 2010

i have been persuaded to take a gold plus card with add on against my fixed deposit.as told that it will cost u absloutely free.initially i hesitated to purchase against the card as i have heard al sorts of problem and hidden charges.card bought in sept with auto debit facility.
    In the month of Jan 10 i made my first purchase.i got my first bill in due time but no deduction made.repeated queries from help line did not yield any response.accept that we will check and let u know.Than i approached local branch and they say u pay the amount under protest and we will refund u the penality.again i have received the next moths bill with still the amount shown as due.
    If i have auto debit facility than why deduction not made .given the human error same could have been corrected.
    so i wish to surrender the card and advise others also.
    Same may be noted by Axis bank Official