Axia At The Univ Phoenic / Fraud and cheating

I was attending Axia until recently. I was enrollen first In Aug 2007 and so happy to be enrolled. My problems began when I was almost finished with the program.

Jarrod Riddle was my scam advisor and he is not good at all. I contact about the first teacher who refused to grade my paper because she did not like the way I did my presentation slides. I failed that class and had to retake the class. I retook the class and the next teacher waited to the last week and would not accept my final paper when at first I was pasting the class.

Then I had another out of pocket expense repaying for the same class for a third time. Then I took a math class in which I was passing until the last week then suddenly I failed another out of pocket expense. Then I started to more classes this is where the real problem began.

These two classes I was passing with B's then the last week all of a sudden I was accused of plaziring a capstone question and the other class say that was not my original paper final paper. She said she put it though something called tanturm.

I call Jarrod in which he upheld the teacher of course, but I dropped out period. They still have a pell grant disbarment from February in which they would not release until I pay for the other classes in which I had loans and they canceled. They wanted my to take out a private loans to pay for other classes in which I have grants for.

Is there any legal help that I can get to make them pay back the student loans that they received fraudulent in which they had no intension for me to complete the program. I am sending a letter the State of Az Attorney Office.

Te

Comments

• Am
      23rd of Apr, 2009

There is a class action suit going on (court date sometime in Sept, I hear), but I don't know which attorney's are handling it to contact them. I intend to find out. There is another complaint in this forum where the lady is asking others who've been scammed to email her...she is interested in pursuing a suit also.

I got out of there a couple weeks ago, after 4 classes. Once my advisors found out I wanted real info and was planning to take time off, they stopped talking to me, refused to email me even after I requested not to be contacted by phone. It's all about money to them and once you're no longer a source of it for them, they toss you like last week's trash.

The classes are bogus, the advisors don't do their jobs, they charge different students different tuition fees and have been known to ruin their former students credit scores when they withdrew. Everybody would be well advised to stay far far away from this farce of a higher learning facility.

• Ra
      20th of Aug, 2009

OMG, I am going through the same thing and was also accused of plagiarism, but no one sent me anything regarding a due process. I didn't even get my say. I am in the processing of withdrawing but they are saying i have to pay back the federal government, why?

• Am
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I'm not sure why they'd say that...the usual M.O. is to give the tuition back to the government then ### that they never got paid, send bills, etc.

This is a situation where you'd wanna get legal advice. A quick search for class action suits against the school will show the lawyers handling the current one and have their contact info.

I wish you the best of luck in getting out from under this sorry excuse for a school.

• Ky
      20th of Aug, 2010

University of Phoenix / Axia College has ripped me OFF! They lied, cheated me and so on and so fourth... They are nothing but a bunch of scam artist. If you are a victim as well PLEASE send your complaint/letter to me and I will help take action I am working on starting a class action and notifying the attorney general and department of education. You can mail your letter/complaint along with ANY proof to Ms. Staten, 2661 E Adams Court, Cudahy, WI 53110 or email destiny1983us@yahoo.com in the subject line write Axia Complaint