AWI Direct Marketing / Stealing money from 4-yr-old

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-434-1430 and 888-851-8845

I am a single unemployed mother of a 4-yr-old girl. We live solely on child support. I went to buy groceries today and was told I didn't have the money in my account to cover the cost! I called and checked the last five transactions, and discovered one for $19.95 today, which I never made! I called customer service for my debit card and was told there were two other similar chargers previously. Two of them were only a week apart! There was another attempt but it was refused because I had no money in the account at that time. All of these charges came from a company I never heard of. I never use my bank card online, over the phone, or order anything with it...the ONLY exception being Stor-A-Way Minnie Storage in Stuart, Florida (I now live in Kentucky). I call and pay my storage rental every month and tell them my bank card number. They are the ONLY ones who I've ever given my card number to. My mother and I checked online tonight to try to find if there is a website for this company and what it is and/or does! We found several very similar complaints all originating in Florida. I was wondering if any of the other people who were ripped off by this company do business with Stor-A-Way Mini Storage. If so, I think we know who is giving out our credit card numbers!!!

I now cancelled my account so they can't get any more out of me, and I will never give Stor-A-Way Mini Storage my new card number. I will only send them money orders. I think it's pretty rotten for anybody to steal child support money from a 4-year-old child right before the holidays!!! Now, how do I get that money back? There are at least three chages of $19.95 that I am now aware of. That explains all those times I got to a checkout in a store and was embarrassed because they said I didn't have enough money when I knew that I should have!!!

Amber Kindred

Comments

• Am
      23rd of Nov, 2010

Amber here. I called the toll free number & spoke with a customer service rep. she said that there was a glitch in the system & appologised. I already canceled my card so they are sending me a full refund in the form of a check. It should be mailed out on Wed. So, I'll let ya know what happens. Here's the number I called 1-(888)851-8845

• Ak
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida
    Phone: 1-888-851-8845
    awidiscountclub.com

A charge of $1995 was withdrawn from my checking account on June 24, 2011 without my authorization. I have never seen, been in contact with, or purchased anything from this company and can not understand why they would be taking money not rightfully theirs.

• Ms
      7th of Sep, 2011

I checked my account today and saw a charge in the amount of $29.99 that wasn't authorized. I don't even use the credit card that was charged so I know I didn't use it in error AND I don't carry it with me. I've already contacted my bank so I can take action.

11th of Oct, 2011
    AWI Direct Marketing - UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES
    AWI DIRECT MARKETING
    Florida
    Phone: 888-851-8845

AWI DIRECT MARKETING HAS MADE AT LEAST TWO UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY B OF A RCI ELITE REWARDS CARD. EACH CHARGE WAS FOR $24.95.

28th of Nov, 2011

I found a mysterious charge on my visa card and all I could find was this number (888) 851-8845. Something tells me I've been scammed. I'm going to call today and if i can't solve the problem on that end I will try to dispute the charge from my bank. What is wrong with the world? People work hard for there money just to have it stolen out of their pockets by crooks like these. Its the holidays. I need that money. It makes me so angry.

• Ir
      10th of Mar, 2012

I had a call around the same time of the charge on my account. Somebody with a story of a free gift card. They already had my name and info. I told them the bank should be calling not them. It took me two months to figure it out. I thought it was a charge I forgot about. They don't answer the phone. This is a scam. They are getting away with it!