Avro Energy / my worst decision

1 Hinckley, England, Leicestershire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Switching to them was the worst decision I've made this year. What a terrible service and company in general.
It took me a long long time. During this time I regretted I started dealing with them.
I called them multiple times just to find out when they were going to finish their job. Because they billed me every month, but I saw no results, so there was a very logical question - why do I pay for if it makes no sense at all?
Guess, how many months it took them to switch? Five!!! Unbelievable!

Rh
Dec 19, 2017

Comments

Ro
  14th of Feb, 2018

I absolutely agree with Rhylda's post. Avro Energy are without doubt the worst company for customer service I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I opened an account a year ago, during which time they almost double my prices (without telling me I might add). They then said they would take over 100% more money through direct debit so I wanted to switch away. They may it virtually impossible to switch, using every tactic known to man to stop me. These included ignoring my emails (presumably hoping I would give up), having call waits to get hold of them (20+ people before me), and when I did manage to get contact, concocting a large "overdue balance" and threatening my with disconnection and a Magistrates' warrant to break into my house.

Avro Energy are an incredible company and the sooner the regulator shuts them down, the better. They have only been business since 2016 and have no assets or profits and have only a single director in his twenties.

I find it incredible they they were granted a licence to supply energy in the first place.

Ju
  15th of Feb, 2018

I came across this site after searching for reviews and comments about Avro Energy, and like the previous posters I have had a terrible time dealing with this company. Their customer service stinks. There is no other word for it. I would be surprised if they last in this competitive marketplace. You have to provide exceptional customer service, not just initially good prices (before quickly increasing them).

I had the same problems being overcharged, no explanation, then threats if I don't pay up!

I'll never use them again.