Avon / unauthorized billing

I had been a dedicated, hard-working avon representative for about 10 years. When I had two mini-strokes, I asked my supervisor what to do. I was told to pay what I owed, send back those items that were not wanted by customers and those I ordered personally that were not used/not opened. I did just that to the tune of over $350+. Avon had two different collections agencies claim that I owed them; one said that they received at least half a dozen complaints a day from avon representatives. I have the documentation and with this second agency and avon's refusal to let me work for them even with them owing me $70+, all the documentation and correspondence will be sent to the attorney general in maine. I'm sick of their dishonesty, their corruption, and their very nasty and negative attitude towards representatives who have only helped the company to prosper. I'm in hopes that the attorney general will set things straight - i'll get my $70+ back and avon will be reprimanded for their corrupt and unfair practices. I have told everyone I know not to buy avon, not to support them in any way. They are in the wrong!

Comments

• Br
      29th of Jul, 2009

I had this same problem but have no idea what to do. I submitted an order and never received the order because it was put on hold and i did not continue to sell for Avon. NOw they are saying I owe $140. There were charges added on for three additional months after I stopped selling for the website, and late charges added on and I NEVER got ANY of the order so why am I having to pay??? I am so frustrated and do not know what to do! My "leader" won't respond but continues to send me letters saying I owe and now I got a letter that it was turned into collection. If anyone knows how to help me, please contact me @ [protected]@yahoo.com

I decided to go with Premier Designs jewelry and I LOVE IT! They are very honest and trust worthy.

• Cc
      31st of Jul, 2009

"I had this same problem but have no idea what to do. I submitted an order and never received the order because it was put on hold and i did not continue to sell for Avon. NOw they are saying I owe $140"

Here are some facts for you.
    1. Avon DOES NOT charge for hold orders. They are cancelled within 10 days if the payment is not made.
    2. You signed up for the eRep site, and IF you had READ the terms and conditions, it does say you will be charged every campaign, even if you do not order, and you have to CLOSE the account not to be billed. It is seperate from your regular account.
    3. Just to "stop selling" without finding out what needs to be done to close your accounts and ensure you do not owe for previous orders leaves you wide open for past due fees AND eRep fees, not placing an order doesn't tell Avon you are not selling, especially when you are an erep, a lot of reps sell ONLY online.
    4. CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE for assistance. They can and will help.