Avis / I cannot pay my bill
I have received 4 letters collections department in the past months. I attempted to pay with an American Express in April which did not go through. We received more letters and I have attempted to pay with a Mastercard as told to by a Collections Department representative on June 28 and today, July 9, we received a fourth letter informing me I cannot rent cars from Avis because of non-payment and are turning our account over to attorneys for legal action.
I have spoken with Collections 3 times in past months, the third time being today. I asked if the payment had gone through and was told "yes" like the last times and my name was not on the "Do Not Rent" list. I am hoping this is all true this time. I don't like getting these threatening letters.
We have outstanding credit and do not wish to ruin our credit rating because of a rental car. I have never had such a difficult time paying a bill.
More Avis Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental south africa
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - avis car rental etolls - you will be charged regardless if you pay!
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rental van in munich, germany
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - rent a car