Avis Rental Car / avis ripped us off
We made a reservation 6 months in advance to get the best deal, as we always do. We reserved a full size car for $181.30 and had a $20.00 off coupon that was to be taken off at the counter. All was well until we returned the car and found that out bill was $355.41 when we asked why they said that they had up graded us to a larger car. We went to speak to a manager ( W.L. Butler ) and he said I had initialed it so therefore I knew about it. He said his manager would call me in the morning. The girl went over everything that I signed for and the only mention that I signed for was that I was denying the insurance and that I would bring the car back with a full tank of gas, there was absolutely no mention of any upgrade. Nobody called us and after two days of telephoning I finally got to talk to a manager (Michel Wu ). He told us unfortunately there was nothing he could do since I had initialed it. I explained to him that if I wanted to upgrade I would of used my upgrade coupon instead of my $20.00 off coupon. I had no need for a upgrade and did not want an upgrade. The car we rented was no bigger or better than most mid size cars that we rent. This is shear trickery what they did, and they know it. It may of been that they were out of full size cars. I don't know. We waited in a very long line about 45 minutes and there was still a very long line when we left. I know that they were very busy that day. A fellow that I spoke to at Avis named Jerry Mc Clunky told me that they will upgrade you if they are out of you size car and in that case it should of been a complimentary upgrade. My question is why was I upgraded? I have called my credit card company and disputed the charges, but the manager at Avis said they had a signed contract so it would do us no good. I am sick about this, This sure put a nasty finish to our wonderful vacation.
More Avis Rental Car Complaints & Reviews
- Avis Frankfurt Airport - Avis Frankfurt airport: unauthorized charges to credit card 
- Avis Car Rental France - improper charges
- Avis Car Rental - Outrageous debit on car scratch 
- Avis - insurance fraud, hail damage 
- Avis Rent A Car System, Llc - Because of poor customer service, I am now out an expensive pair of glasses! 
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - scamming customers and bad customer service
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - I forgot my super charger phone charger
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental south africa
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - avis car rental etolls - you will be charged regardless if you pay!
- Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group - car rental