Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group / van rental

I would like to advise consumers of a scam I was involved in regarding renting vehicles from Budget Rent A Car (or any rental company) so that they have information ahead of time about what they should do to protect themselves -(1) take photos of the vehicle you are renting both at the time of pick up and at the time of return and (2) not to rent from Budget and / or Avis.
December 1 - 3, 2017 - My wife Monica Garber and I rented a van from Budget Rent A Car in Portland Oregon
January 5, 2018 - We received a letter from Viking Billing Service. It states "Viking provides claims administration services for Budget Rent A Car". It further states that the van we rented was "damaged while in your possession" for a total of $1, 752.41.
January 2018 - Made several phone calls to both Viking & Budget trying to get documentation from them since we did not damage the van whatsoever.
January 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm - We received the "supporting documents" of their false claim by email.
January 30, 2018 at 5:28 pm -I responded to their email advising them that I know of their scam and fraudulent claim, with my supporting photo showing absolutely no damage whatsoever when returning the van to their lot on December 3, 2017. Also attached see their photos sent to me showing the "false" damage to a van we supposedly had rented. I received these photos and the actual Estimate of Repair after I requested those documents to be emailed to me.
January 31, 2018 - Maureen Byrd from Budget left me a voicemail stating that she had advised Viking to close their file
February 1, 2018 at 1:21 pm - received an email from Maureen Byrd confirming she had advised Viking to close their file.
February 5, 2018 I responded to their emails lettering them know of the false claim and that I was very disgusted with them.
After my emails to both Viking and Budget on January 30, 2018 it only took one day to close their claim. It is incomprehensible how they can do something this fraudulent causing consumers the kind of stress we have gone through. I was lucky enough to have the random photo taken by my wife when returning the van, but others may not be so lucky. Had I not had this photo, I'm not sure what the outcome would have been.
Budget offered me 2 days free rental, but I would never rent from them again.
Photo attached showing no damage at drop off. Unable to attach photos of "fake damage" they sent to me. Wrong format supplied.

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group